Suikoden United and Illegal Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden II secret scenes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't say for certain if it is the "only" way, but it's the way I did it. It still took a damn long time. I -think- I forgot to recruit Mukumuku that time through, so I couldn't even save my progress, and didn't think it was worth it to try again since I was doing the Clive's quest bit. With just Riou and Nanami, it took nearly a half an hour. Almost didn't have to heal at all, but their damage is pathetic at that point. Truly illustrates the importance of sharpening weapons.

How does one find the scene between Flik and Nina? I missed it on my last playthrough. I think I saw it once a few years ago [unless I'm thinking of something else entirely], but I don't remember what was said at all, and obviously I've forgotten how to trigger it :)
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
How does one find the scene between Flik and Nina? I missed it on my last playthrough. I think I saw it once a few years ago [unless I'm thinking of something else entirely], but I don't remember what was said at all, and obviously I've forgotten how to trigger it :)

There is more than one scene, I can't remember the exact number. You can trigger them by going to the roof everytime you are allowed to roam at night, providing the guard is asleep or someone else (Like Nanami in one instance) doesn't prevent you from doing so.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't remember -not- getting stopped by someone though. Is there more to unlocking the scene, perhaps?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheNeclord, Thanks for that tip, ive never actually seen any of those scenes.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harukaze wrote:
I don't remember -not- getting stopped by someone though. Is there more to unlocking the scene, perhaps?

Nope, as far as I know there isn't. Just make sure everytime it is night and you can walk around to visit the roof, after of course you aquire Nina, the guard normally standing in front of the stairs will sometimes be asleep at his post. If you go to the roof, Flik and Nina will be talking, I won't say about what since apparently this is new to some people :)

Sorry I cannot be more helpful and tell you -exactly- when to do this.

Goldmember wrote:
TheNeclord, Thanks for that tip, ive never actually seen any of those scenes.

Hey, no problem, if I knew that some had not known about this I would have posted about it sooner.

Glad to help.

:)

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
armychik_17

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
I'm not sure if you can get to Matilda before Pilika asks you to go to Muse. A guard stops you from going that way.

That's because you have to get Pilika to ask you to go to Muse FIRST!! AFTER she asks you to go to Muse, the guard will move. You go to the Matilda border and push the gate. VOILA!! You're on the other side of the gate!!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He knows you can do it once you ask Pilika. He said it in the quote you made. He was saying you can't do it before asking Pilika.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's what I meant.... :? You can't go to Muse before Pilika asks you.

And no there's nothing to unlocking the Nina/Flik scene besides going up to the roof on certain nights. But if your castle wasn't high enough (I think 3 not too sure) Then you couldn't get the scenes.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I used the Matilda trick without saving my progress, and intentionally got killed by the Harpy boss at Rakutei. Rowd was MUCH easier this time around, allowing me to get the scene, but it's disappointing. Oh well, it satisfies me to know that it's possible to defeat Rowd.

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Krawnik mentioned a secret scene between Kasumi and McDohl in S2. Anyone know what he's talking about?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think if you take Kasumi with you to meet McDohl in Banner village, that they have a few extra words - other than that, I don't think you can make an event with McDohl possible. Though that scene happens when you take most Suikoden I characters available at the time to McDohl (with slightly differnet text of course)

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All Suikoden 1 characters, when taken to recruit McDohl, have a line or two (only one of them ever speaks) but if Kasumi is in your party during the sidequest, then once you return to Gregminster there is a scene in which Kasumi speaks to McDohl in his room. I thought it was pretty common knowledge, myself.

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was more interested in finding out what it was that she said. Unforunately I have bad luck with games and both my GS1 and 2 discs are in...less than optimal condition to say it nicely.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess not. I've rarely used many differenet people to recruit McDohl. This is something I shall quickly rectify.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Krawnik

Groundhog Pirates

4500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Recruiting McDohl is fun. Maybe I'll make as FAQ of what the various S1 characters say upon meeting McDohl for the first time. Ages ago I had Vikto, Flik, Humphrey ("......"), Kasumi, Hix, Tengaar, Kasumi, and Sheena all give theri one-liners, but I never wrote it all down. Hmm....

*starts a new S2 save file*

EDIT

I don't know if this counts, but in my new save file, I think I managed to do this "getting to Rockaxe even earlier" trick. After getting back to the Merc Fort, I recruited Rikimaru and Millie, but not Kinnison and Shiro. I also didn't return to the fort after recruiting the two. When I went to Toto Village the Pilika event didn't trigger. So, free to wander Toto without setting off the event, I decided to test the theories. There's no guard stopping you from leaving to Muse, so you're allowed to go straight to Muse unhindered, before Pilika asks you too. In addition, the guards at the Greenhill-Muse checkpoint are pretty lax, allowing you to go to Greenhill this early in the game (they even give you directions! :P). You can also go to Forest Village to talk to Wakaba, Connel, and Tony, but none of them can be recruited yet (all of them require that your castle be a certain level, and you haven't got one yet). You can't go to Two River, though, if you try to enter from Greenhill a Kobold turns you back. Still, it's quite fun to go all the way to Forest Village. You can stock up on cheap crystal balls here and in Rockaxe/Highway Village, and then flog them all to the Kobolds later and make a fortune :P

416- friggin' racists, messing up my generalizations, also stealing my jobs, women.
RIP Ninjalicious
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: