Suikoden Urgent and Irenic Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden II secret scenes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:20 pm    Post subject: Suikoden II secret scenes Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I read up on the secret scenes at Suikosource and managed to get the color opening by beating the soldier's 110 times (I kept track of it, too). I'm now concentrating on beating Rowd, but I heard there was a way to get the Matilda glitch earlier in the game. Is this possible, and if it is, how is it done?

I also discovered another secret scene not mentioned at Suikosource that I'll email later. Early in the game, after Riou and Co. (with Flik & Viktor in your party) escape Kyaro and return to the Ryube/Toto area, immediately turn back around into North Sparrow Pass with Nanami in your party. It'll open up a scene between her and one of the guards. I recommend doing this before the group retreats to South Window, b/c I don't know if it's available after that.

I tried it to see if I could go back to Kyaro after passing the soldiers to get some Technique Runes, but I couldn't. Very funny scene. :)

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have tried to get to Matilda before everyone says it's possible and I've never succeeded, so I would assume there isn't a way. I never beat Rowd; I used/sold all but one of my rune scrolls (which was stupid).

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure if you can get to Matilda before Pilika asks you to go to Muse. A guard stops you from going that way. I've used a GameShark to get everyone to 99 and whooped Rowd's butt. Even at 99 it takes a few rounds to beat him.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Idylan Thomas

Moonlight Drive

105871 Potch
1194 Soldiers
1670 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF6Sage wrote:
I have tried to get to Matilda before everyone says it's possible and I've never succeeded, so I would assume there isn't a way. I never beat Rowd; I used/sold all but one of my rune scrolls (which was stupid).

It is possible, Early in the game, as soon as you can get to Muse, you can go to Matilda. Simply go to the Muse-Matilda border and push on the gate. It will begin to move like a box. You can enter Matilda and recruit Futch and Humphrey. Beware, though, as enemies here are extremely powerful on your current level. Recruit Futch and Humphrey and let them do all the work in battles.

I've tried it already and if any of you insists CLICK HERE
dumb dumbs..
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The earliest it's possible is the first time you go to Muse, is it not? There's a Muse guard standing on the bridge leading over the River Dunan preventing you from going to Muse, let alone to Rockaxe.

And if you're counting on scrolls and such, you can't beat Rowd. Trust me, even the Matilda trick makes things kinda shakey; even when you get high enough that he barely hurts you, you barely hurt him in return.
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well apparently it's possible to beat Rowd, but I just heard rumors that Matilda was accesible before going on Pilika's little errand in Muse. If they're not true, then they're not true. Would be kinda nice to find out what happens if he is beaten.

Kinda sucks that that one time in the game is the only time you get to fight him outside the strategy game. I'd love to rip him a new one with more fairer circumstances. :twisted:

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Concerning the color intro, there was a discussion a while back where a few members at suikosource (Ced, Black Pesmerga and myself I believe) tried to figure out how much POTCH you would need to know that you've battled 108 times and *runs off to suikosource to find the link*.

Red Killey wrote:
You should have more than 27,000 potch. I'm pretty sure that the first battle against the Highland soldiers didn't count towards the 108 fight, but it would give you the 250 potch when you finished the battle. So just to be safe, you might want to aim for 27,250+ potch.

Well the first battle didn't count in that equation and yes 27,000 potch would be for the 108 battles.....if you did the first battle too (if you confront Luca and Rowd) then go for 27,250 potch and you're safe.

The earliest you can get to Muse is when Pilika sends you on the quest for the amulet as Milan Fiori said as there is no way to get to the Muse region before that. *I wonder how many people have tried pushing the Highland doors now and everything around the wall for another glitch hahaha*

I've also seen the Nanami scene you're talking of and it is hilarious however it never sprung to mind to mention. Mind you I've seen several hidden little scenes that I should perhaps share with the world. I'll replay and write down all the little things, but one of the main ones that I remember is in the Winger District of Two River. Downstairs in one of the houses check the cupboard for a dirty surprise. I cracked up when I saw it though haha. Another little thing that I always found funny is the cat at the entrance of the Dunan Castle going "Ho Humm" every time you talk to it although it does change at one point of the game.

I tried going back for the Technique runes too hahaha. Must stock up on those double-beat and technique runes before its too late and fury ones from Muse help out if you get them early on........I always grab three at least.
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you beat Rowd, pretty much all you get is a pissed off Rowd shouting for more help, and an additional ten or so soldiers rush in to help him. The game doesn't give you the option to continue to fight, annoyingly enough, since clearly ten are no match for Riou and Nanami; I mean, even without the levelling up, Nanami beats up how many soldiers when she makes her own escape? Seriously now. They would have needed a good full regiment to take the two students of Genkaku down.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

blank wrote:
FF6Sage wrote:

It is possible, Early in the game, as soon as you can get to Muse, you can go to Matilda. Simply go to the Muse-Matilda border and push on the gate. It will begin to move like a box. You can enter Matilda and recruit Futch and Humphrey. Beware, though, as enemies here are extremely powerful on your current level. Recruit Futch and Humphrey and let them do all the work in battles.

I've tried it already and if any of you insists CLICK HERE
dumb dumbs..

I know that; "before everyone says it's possible" means "before you could get to Muse" and thus the first time you can do the trick. It did not mean "before the story takes you to Matilda." To spell it out for everyone: every time I had the opportunity to move around on the world map, I tried getting to Muse, but that soldier stopped me.

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@ Harukaze: Its always like that in RPG games though. At one point and time your party is capable of demolishing even the toughest of opponents but they can never get past that pesky guard who just says you cannot go here....or that stupid woman that tells you not to go upstairs.......grrrrrrr.

@ FF6Sage: *blinks* who called us dumb dumbs? Heh, well anyways, whoever doubts it FF6Sage is right and there is no way of getting to Muse before the Pilika incident, believe me, I tried. The Pilika scene seems to be the trigger for the soldier moving out of the way and since there is no other way to get to Muse (you cannot go up through to Highland as Tenzen Pass is blocked off as well as the entrance into Radat town. Those three are the ONLY ways out and there IS no possible way to do the trick before going to the first Muse mission. There are three ways to get there, and all of them are blocked off, so unless there is another glitch, which I highly doubt since asides from doors and creatures all the images are static, there is no other way to get into Muse and thus into Matilda before you complete the Pilika trigger.

On a side note, this would be a great time to stock up on quick cash and buy a load of Fury Runes from Muse as you won't have access to that shop until WAY later in the game. Having 3-6 Fury Runes early on REALLY makes a difference, especially when combined with about 4-6 Double-Beat Runes and just as many Technique Runes. :mrgreen: Cheap and funny!
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

God I hate that stupid woman, Black Fang. A good dose of electricity usually does the trick...I wish. Anyhow as I mentioned AGES ago in the Suikoden 2 glitch thread, I spoke of how the first time you can gain entrance to the exit of Drakemouth Village to take the path to the Tigermouth Mountain Path, is when you are supposed to go there, and you could get through there at no other time, as the guard at the gate would not let you. And to get into Tigermouth village you can the very first time you see it, and you just walk straight through, simple and no problem at all.

Now as I have mentioned in various other threads, I have used the Walk through walls code to try and go everywhere in Suikoden 2 where you are just not meant to so I could find hidden scenes and witness things early and see if the game glitches and crashes. Anyhow, one such endeavor was to try and travel to the Tinto Republic the first chance I could. All things were okay until I got to the entrance of Tigermouth Village. There was a guard at the gate who said something very similar to:
"Hey you can't be here! You're not human! You're a zombie! Arr!" Because that was the epidemic at the time.

But when you are allowed past the guard at Drakemouth village, you could never have witnessed this speech the guard would say as you would never be allowed into the area. Therefore if I am correct I may have found a secret scene only assessable by the WTW code. I could be wrong, but to prove this I would have to play through the game properly again without the code, and try at every possible plot point along the game to see if I could get past the guard at Drakemouth village any time before you have been granted access by having Koyu (the Lampdragon Bandit) with you who helps gets you past the border. Unless this is all as simple as you have to meet Gijimu first before you can get to Tigermouth village. Again I would have to play through the game and verify this.

Either way, one day I have to play through all of Suikoden 2 thoroughly and take notes and such, and talk to every single character in the game no matter how minor and talk to them multiple times, and at multiple times throughout the game. And then afterwards I should go through the game again with the walk through walls codes and see what different conversation that might be 'hidden' by visiting certain characters early to see what happens.

Though everynow and then I could have sworn I was hearing stuff I had never heard before at some points of the game with the code, but once again I would have to take notes of these scenes and see if they are possible to get without the codes at a later date. It is my goal to 'crack open' Suikoden 2 as much as possible...
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Strange Suikosource doesn't mention the extra scenes with Flik and Nina on the roof. I thought for sure that would be listed. The Shu and Apple one is after all.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only way I know of in beating Rowd is by proceeding through the game (losing to Rowd at first) then getting to Matilda as soon as I can go to Muse, get Futch and Humphrey's help, level up Nanami, Mukumuku and Riou to about the mid to high 30's. All of these without saving at all, so that when I die, I'll start back to where I last saved, which would be Kyaro, except I retained the levels I had before dying. This makes it easier to mop the floor with Rowd's butt, but it still takes a few rounds to defeat him. Mukumuku's a big help because his attack power is affected by his raw strength, and not weapons, and at about Level 35, his power would be at 130 at the LEAST, so he's a great asset.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone remember Suikosource's April Fool's joke of old where they spoke of a secret scene between Lorelai, Killey and the 3 other random members you were forced to take to the Sindar Ruins behind White Deer Inn? I can't find the link, but it was certainly a fun read.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
The only way I know of in beating Rowd is by proceeding through the game (losing to Rowd at first) then getting to Matilda as soon as I can go to Muse, get Futch and Humphrey's help, level up Nanami, Mukumuku and Riou to about the mid to high 30's. All of these without saving at all, so that when I die, I'll start back to where I last saved, which would be Kyaro, except I retained the levels I had before dying. This makes it easier to mop the floor with Rowd's butt, but it still takes a few rounds to defeat him. Mukumuku's a big help because his attack power is affected by his raw strength, and not weapons, and at about Level 35, his power would be at 130 at the LEAST, so he's a great asset.

Ah, that must be it. Like how the stones can be used infinitely to boost levels, you retain the levels from Matilda w/o saving. I'll try that out later today.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: