Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Dectective People's (possible spoiler)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Dectective People's (possible spoiler) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have gone through the game, but am restarting cause I didn't get everyone. Is there a detective like person in the game that researches the characters histories like in Suikoden II and III?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, the nearest thing you get to anything like Richmond (Suikoden II) or Kidd (Suikoden III) is Keen and his Confessional Room.

Which doesn't reveal much about anyone, by the way, save for a mere handful of Stars of Destiny. A raw deal all around.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't forget the old lady Deborah. She's a fortune teller and will tell you about stars of destiny that you can't recruited yet.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Deborah is the closest thing, but her clues are randomly given out. Sometimes she'll say one thing and when you board your ship again she'll say something different. And her clues are quite vague.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's also a Deborah in every game; her [their] role is entirely different than that of detective.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only other Deborah I know of is Onil. Which was in Suikoden 1 which of course didn't have a Detective.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And Taki in GS2, if I remember correctly, which is the only game that had a -serious- detective. I am largely certain that GS3 had one as well, but I do not recall who offhand.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahhh your right. I forgot about Grammy Taki.

Benit149

Covenant of Cuchulainn

0 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Each Suikoden has a wise person that offers hints, but aren't detectives.

S1: Onil (totally useless)
S2: Taki
S3: Piccolo (only one you pay for fortunes)
S4: Deborah

And in S4, there isn't a detective person like Richmond or Kidd. Like someone said, the best you can get is Keen the confession room guy, and a majority of the 'revelations' are useless. But if you want useful revelations, listen for Katarina and Bang in particular. :)

Benit149: First Lady of Addervon, Princess of Slight Fever, defender of the Nameless.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Confession Room was fun though. I loved the "macho" people's reactions when you forgive them and confetti falls on them. I also loved the nice and quiet people's reactions when you don't forgive them and stuff falls on them, the sadist that I am. Poor Nataly didn't deserve that. She was probably the nicest in her answers. And Rakgi... poor kid.
Neclord

The Spectral Nightmares

163602 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Benit149 wrote:
Each Suikoden has a wise person that offers hints, but aren't detectives.

S1: Onil (totally useless)
S2: Taki
S3: Piccolo (only one you pay for fortunes)
S4: Deborah

With the exception of Piccolo, I never thought of these characters as wise. Just gossip queens. They give little hints in case you forget what you have to do next to move the story along or to recruit people.

You must not fear death, my lads; defy him, and you drive him into the enemy's ranks.
~ Napoleon Bonaparte
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't see how Piccolo fits into that category. He just gives away random information.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that's the point. A lot of it is just random information from those stars.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uhm, is there anything actually to discuss here anymore though? The original question was answered: no, the fourth installment doesn't have a detective. Question answered, nothing more to see here.
Fuzi0n

[Angry mob]

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the comment box is a bit close to finding other things about them. but not as good as richmonds investigations where in suiko2. Still, the comment box is useful for some untold backgrounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: