Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kraalesque Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Online games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I play to many online games..... my fav was ultima online but it's now too item based like Diablo 2. I play both those and going to start playing city of hearos since i have a secound love for comic books. I really recomend ultima online tho it's pretty fun and a challenging in the start. you have to work hard to become strong or good at your craft. tones of skills to learn like tameing, swrodmenship, archery, blacksmithing. could make just about any suiko char if ya put your mind to it. the avatar graphics could be better but the monster are quite amazeing.

~unknown~
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I considered FFXI, but that monthly fee....Is it really worth it? The editors (or something of that sort) of GMR magazine keeps track of his playing in FFXI...it looks so interesting and I've heard the soundtrack, but im afraid of my computer not being fast enough and the prices of the game...all i play on pc is age of empires: age of kings..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I recently quit FFXI. I had a lot of fun with it for the first 10 levels or so of the game. Then grouping becomes pretty much mandatory, and since a lot of the player base now that it's come out on PS2 are 15-year-olds who grew up on Final Fantasy VII, it's not quite so fun.

Personally, I enjoy Star Wars Galaxies a lot. I play as a sarcastic Gunslinger with a love for exaggeration or just plain making stuff up. This tendency makes him a bad choice for being Sheriff of the town he lives in, but... well, he's good at covering up mistakes.

That's one of those things I don't like about FFXI. What I wanted was to be a Thief with a Ninja sub-job so I could run around stabbing people in the back with both daggers like an assassin from Fire Emblem... but nobody has a taste for flavor in that game, it seems. While all the variety in job and subjob combinations make it sound like it's got a lot of variety, believe me, it doesn't.
Hosnor

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.nexustk.com

If you're into 2D graphics then this is the MMORPG for you. Actually the graphics are slightly better than the SNES.

Basically the world is set in ancient Korea and events drag on for months. Yes, they're THAT slow. The community may be filled with immature 10 year-olds but anyone who plays this gets hooked. I know I did and I only started 3 years ago but it's been on-and-off. Hunting gets boring after awhile unless you're with buddies. I also bought a house for one month and it's nothing to get excited over. Sure you can change the interior but trust me it's a waste of money. 31k for a small house? Rediculous.

Free trial runs for 10 days and after that it's pay to play. Highest level you can reach is lvl 10 on your trial but there are 4 paths to choose from: poet (healer), mage, rouge, and warrior. Subpaths are run by fellow players.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just got City of Heroes on sale a few day ago for $29.99 it's kind of fun except my video cards sucks so all I can see are shadows but I'm still playing it, it is much easier compairing to FFXI since there are no skills to learn outside of fighting with nothing much to buy or creat and your character only learn skills when you level. It is not very stricked either when it comes to gaining exp so all you have to do is to be on the same map as your party to gain them. Don't know how long the fun will last since it is way too simple.
Stampede

The One-Eyed Jacks

30154 Potch
11 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's a pretty common complaint. CoH is definitely for the casual MMO player... one who's not in to the aspects of having a house that they can use to show off their swag, or a business, or whatever. Or my little brother, who does nothing in SWG but run missions over and over and over and over again. Don't know how he can stand it.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

jjrrs wrote:
I'm currently using a few of the names of suikoden characters on FFXI and trying to make similar characters there, its the first mmorpg that I really played and I think my love for those suikoden characters maybe one of the key reasons that had kept me playing that game, it's a good game and all but I feel guilty when I'm not playing it cause my characters are not getting better. I'm also looking for a new MMORPG to play since everyone says Front Mission 4 that comes out next week sucks so the next games worth getting on my list are NCAA football and Growlancer Generations which do not come out until the middle of july. I was so close to get Lineage II cause that game looked so very good, but I'm kind of glad that I didn't since people say the PvP system not only get one killed for no good reason plus you'd loss expensive items and exp when you die. Also I read there are countless farmers and people that would cheat you out of your money and kill you for fun because they are higher leveled. Dose anyone know any MMORPGs that looks as good or better than FFXI that is as good or better than it when it comes to gameplay?

Hey What FFXI server are you on, I play the game too :P. You should come to my server if your not too far advanced level wise, because it's fun having more suikoden fans to level with. I also based my characters name in FFXI after a suikoden char :P.
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a bit afraid of online games. I've tried them, and I like them a lot, but I'm terrified that the story doesn't end! I'd play forever! When I get really sucked into an RPG, I can play up to 10, even 14 hours in a day! Luckily, that only leasts a few days, and the game ends. When it ends, I go back to life as usual more-or-less. But an online game... er... not good for the whole, 'getting out and getting excersise' or 'staying on top of life' concept, considering I'm a slightly obsessive type... *nervous laugh* I gotta stick to 40 hour games. (which, when I play, are more like 80 hours anyway.)

A bunch of my friends play online games frequently though. FF11 looks really beautiful, and fun too. Everyone I know seems to playing that one. I loved Ragnarok online back when it was still free, and I watched a roommate play Asheron's Call and get killed by a cow falling from a cliff.
Online games are deffinately interesting.
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure which server that I'm on, and I'm not that advanced either since I started after the ps2 NA release this late March. I got 2 characters named after suikoden characters both with subjob of course but only one is good enough to have advance jobs. Speaking of the bad things about online games, after I started on the day FFXI was released for PS2 all I did was fighting to level my character up so he could have an advance job asap. I was able to get it on about April 29. Since I'm not currently earning any money I thought it'd be good to put off the game for a month because of exames and the fact I was moving and going on a two week trip so I cancelled before the month of May to save a few bucks. For the first few days I had to beat myself up not to reactive the account cause I was really excited about my new advanced job but I was able to hold off. Time did fly as I was back from my trip on May 31st without playing the game since late April, and I reactivated my account with an additional character on 1:38 CT AM June 1st but those SOBs charged me for the entire month because they ran on PT and it was 11:38 PM!!!!! I was charged full price for 2 characters for the entire month when I logged on for a total of less than 20 mins, I don't even think I played at all because there was a 15 mins update download!!! Their stupid only pay by credit card way so screwed me over, and calling those jerks did help either because "there was nothing they could do about it."
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if you ever learn what server tell me, or if you wanna join the Alexander server tell me :P. I can hook you up.

And ff11 is for people who have somthing called a patenience. YES leveling in that game is probally the most slow and steady thing I've had to do in a longtime. But isn't most rpgs? If the game was way to easy, less people would play it. Perhaps it's because you have to once in a while interact with other people online to level with them. Which I however enjoy talking to people while I play games. The Graffics are beutifull, and the gameplay is smooth. Sure it gets really aggrovating when you die, but you have to kinda just shrug stuff off and continue on, its worth it, high levels.
ragingchaosgod

4000 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RO's great. I've been playing it for a year now and I never get tired of it. If you guys are talking about iRO, I dn't think you people could find me there. pRO, baby! >.<

But really, I'm also willing to help anyone with general RO questions.

Hmm...must look into those other games aforementioned. (Keep your eyes out for a certain bishop...or his bishop hunter! XD XD XD XD)
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now that we've got our 256K connection my flatmate got City of Heroes. The only MMORPGs that interest me are Lineage 2 and WoW.
Knight of Saint Loa

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well as a fanatic player of a text-based game I have to support the one I play. It's a Simutronic game called Alliance of Heroes and is probably one of the best online games out there. Now I'm sure some of you are thinking text-based games are out of date, but they really aren't I mean the fact you are Suikoden fans shows you play RPG's for the story and system not the graphics. The game is alot easier to learn and understand than any worth while graphical game. You make friends a whole lot easier too. Because the gameplay systems don't need a graphical partner to them alot more can be done, and plus it's much more fun to use your imagination.

Some of you might be familary with Simutronics since it is one of the largest MUD coorperations in the united states and they produce some of the ever popular games DragonRealms and GemStone but everyone knows they are just the ugly read-headed step child of the company. The true master piece is Alliance of Heroes.

Anyways this particular game is set in ancient Greece, Athens to be percise but it also has lands from norse mythology such as Midgard, and it also has lands in Egypt. And Rome is on it's way towards completion. The game it's self is very very very large, lots of stuff to explore and things to do. Most of it is loosely based on Greek\Norse\Egyptian mythology but there's alot of modern little extra's thrown in there to make things fun. Your can fully customize your characters skill set out of the 21 combat skills. And if your not into hack and slash games a crafting system is being released that allows you to take up a certain crafts from blacksmithing, cooking, jewlerly making, whittling, scultping sewing, and many many more that continues to grow.

I took the time to type this all out because I want everyone to be able to enjoy this game as much as I do. The game has a 30 day free trial period also and isn't like some of the online games that are rediculouly hard to cancel before billing, it's just as simple going to my account and hitting the cancellation button. If someone has any question feel free to email me or message me, both can be found on this board. And since nothing can be totally selflessness if you want try it out please email me or message me before hand because if you say I recommended it to you I get spiffy keen stuff!
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For those with City of Heroes - Is there a monthly fee to pay?

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah. I'm not sure how much, i think about 20 dollars.

All the way to the edge of this world
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: