Suikoden Unique and Infamous Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Online games
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:30 pm    Post subject: Online games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since this is a Suikoden board, I assumed most people here would have somewhat similar tastes in games, and could offer me some sound advice. I've never played any.. well, any modern online games (I am, however, seasoned in those extremely old text based games: i.e.: you stand in a room, there is a table. exits are north, south, east, and west,) but I suddenly have a hankering for getting a group of friends together and going online in a game that's not counterstrike. Since I've never played any, though, I'm completely clueless as to what a good game is. Reading professional reviews is an option, but sometimes it's better just to ask for some personal opinions.

I'm looking for something fun, more than likely addicting, that appeals to a wide variety of people, (preferably cheap,) and worth devoting a good amount of time to. Ragnarok Online interests me, but I don't know anything about it. FFXI doesn't as much, since I haven't heard too many great things about it.

So, advice? What's a good online RPG for a pathetic newb like me?
StarlightEx

La Brigade des Loups

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Ragnarok online is quite fun in my opinion. Graphics are good, addicting for many people, there are some really nice people. Only problems are that there is a big number of jerks and idiots (well, most online games do..), and some people find it boring cause there is not much story. But if you're going to play with your friends, I'd recommend it, it's the best online game I've played, and can be a lot of fun if you're playing with a bunch of friends.

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I play Gunbound. Thats about the only game my 56k connection can handle. Its really great though. try it out. www.gunbound.net completly free to play and download.

My name in the game is PertZor if you want to contact me.
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd be more than willing to instruct any newcomer to RO into the basic ways of gameplay and stuff.... asuming i find a way to pay sometime soon...

Anyway, it is indeed a really fun and addicitive game, moreso when you have friends to play with.
I fully recommend it.
If anyone's to go and try it soon, feel free to contact me if you need help. Help as in how to do this or that, not as in "gimme money/item plzthxbye"

All the way to the edge of this world
Fragola

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is a really good question! I, too, have always wanted to try playing an online game like that. My problem is that not only do I have a slow connection as well, I also don't have loads of computer space >.<. As soon as the thing says I need 3 GB of memory just to download the game installation thingy, I backtrack out of there. *siiiigh* Is there no way around it, I wonder? No cute, small games or anything? I'll probably have to wait until I get a better computer...

But both Ragnarok Online and that Gunbound game look really cute >.< I really want to play~!
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gunbound kind of reminds me of go-gaia. But only because the gold and the avatars. I might start playing if I can convince others to join, but it's not really the MMORPG I have some inexplicable urge to play. And RO seems kind of iffy to me now. The graphics and jobs remind me a lot of Tactics, which just lead me to the conclusion that I could easily entertain myself for free on my PS2. But now I'm just being picky.

I wish I knew what I was looking for :?
Any more suggestions?
Alseid

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

leena fighter wrote:
And RO seems kind of iffy to me now. The graphics and jobs remind me a lot of Tactics, which just lead me to the conclusion that I could easily entertain myself for free on my PS2. But now I'm just being picky.

Maybe.. but it doesn't really play anything like Tactics... Anyway, there's always the 15 days free trial XD

Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most suggestions seem to be going towards MMRPGs, but may I suggest Warcraft 3 Reign of Chaos and Warcraft 3:Frozen Throne. Both games are higly addictive an incredibly fun. The differnces in races and strategies let people pick their own way of playing, so it can appeal to a large group of people.
Pasius

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I play on Gunbound as well... you can catch me under the names "PAlexander" and "Valaden". Don't use the quotes.
As for other games :?... Starcraft never bores me for some reason, not to mention it is fairly cheap to pick up nowadays. If anyone feels like bothering me on Starcraft you can catch me under "Pasius". I'll be more than happy to whoop ya 8)
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm currently using a few of the names of suikoden characters on FFXI and trying to make similar characters there, its the first mmorpg that I really played and I think my love for those suikoden characters maybe one of the key reasons that had kept me playing that game, it's a good game and all but I feel guilty when I'm not playing it cause my characters are not getting better. I'm also looking for a new MMORPG to play since everyone says Front Mission 4 that comes out next week sucks so the next games worth getting on my list are NCAA football and Growlancer Generations which do not come out until the middle of july. I was so close to get Lineage II cause that game looked so very good, but I'm kind of glad that I didn't since people say the PvP system not only get one killed for no good reason plus you'd loss expensive items and exp when you die. Also I read there are countless farmers and people that would cheat you out of your money and kill you for fun because they are higher leveled. Dose anyone know any MMORPGs that looks as good or better than FFXI that is as good or better than it when it comes to gameplay?
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally play kings of chaos. It is a free text-based game where you build an army, train troops, buy weapons, attack other online gamers, and progress in rank. If you would like to play this or even just check it out I will tell you how to log in. and if you want more info just ask.

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Psh...Kings of Chaos is one of those crappy games where you have to get people to click on a link to make you stronger. Like that Outwar thing; you have to trick people into clicking on their personal reference link to get better.

I'm currently playing a browser-based game called Kingdom of Loathing. The basic premise is to complete adventures by collecting a certain item or items, or defeating a certain enemy, while gathering experience and money (they use meat as currency). It's pretty much like any basic RPG, but it has a humorous twist to it in the way it's all presented.

http://www.kingdomofloathing.com/

If you do join up, my character's name on there is Synchysi; you can send me a message for any help or anything you might need.

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I played Dragon Raja some months ago, but I stopped because of server problems, lots of hackers, lack of time and interest etc. But the game is actually fun like hell for a newbie, and quite addictive. Until you notice that everyone's higher level than you and can kill you anytime. I had a lot of fun with the "player-killing wars", however.

The server is malaysian, but it's in english. The lag is also a bad issue. But if you want to try nonetheless, here it is:

www.dragonraja.com.my
leena fighter

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kingdom of Loathing is fun :D
And I've started playing Gunbound. Sheesh. My name there is leenafighter, if anyone wants to find me and get an easy, easy, painfully easy victory.

I still want to play something more involved, so I might look into RO in the next few weeks.
Alseid

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

leena fighter wrote:
Kingdom of Loathing is fun :D

Noodloid the pastamancer reporting!

Quote:
I still want to play something more involved, so I might look into RO in the next few weeks.

If i'm back in the game by the time you go in (if you do), feel free to ask me for help and tanking/exp leeching. Same goes for anyone here that may want to play it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: