Suikoden United and Illegal Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Harmonian symbols, status badges?

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:34 pm    Post subject: Harmonian symbols, status badges? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

so, I'm looking at the sigals on the character's clothing, and each other time the clothing differs, the symbol on Lena's outfit is not the same as Sasrai's, and the one on Sasarai's hat is not the same as the one on his shirt, also, Nash's and Lena's have some differances.

over msn I asked some members about this (group msn chat) some said it was lack of continuity or artist's rendetions, I belive it might be 10% that and the rest a signyfer of status or job.
with an aception of one card stories image, where Sasarai's insigna is not like the one normaly used.

It seems there are common themes in the symbol, fluted feet, "horns", "wings" and pentagon and shield shapes in the middle. The more ornate the image, the more prestige the person has. For example Sasarai's big hat has extra parts near the "wings".

Oh and one more thing, the image in my banner, is also differnt from all the ones I mention(i don't recall exactly where it came from though)

so there we have it, do you all here thing it is a signfyer of one's place in the higher up socioty? or for people involved with the Temple? or is it a lack of being able to draw the same glyph over and over again?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that putting different jobs/status with the symbols is a good way to explain the variation within the story, but I think that it probably does have to do with artistic preference. I doubt that the artists couldn't reproduce the symbol—I think it's more that they just vary it as they feel like it. :)

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Culture & Geography Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: