Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

WWE Discussion & Rumours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: WWE Discussion & Rumours Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To kick things off in this new forum for us wrestling fanatics, I present to you a general discussion thread for news and rumours concerning World Wrestling Entertainment and its performers.

First off, a preview for tonight's edition of Monday Night RAW. Word has it that John Cena will appear via satellite for the first interview following his surgery to repair his torn pectoral muscle. Here are the previews for the show tonight, as presented by WWE.com:

RAW Preview wrote:
Monday, Oct. 8 is Columbus Day in America, celebrating the discovery of the New World in 1492.

Monday will also be a day of celebration for a couple of WWE Superstars in Grand Rapids, Mich., as they hold their newly-won titles aloft in front of the Van Andel Arena crowd, while others celebrate successful championship defenses.

Just one night after No Mercy’s championship matches, Beth Phoenix and Randy Orton have won the titles they've both sought for so long.

After a pectoral tear injury ended WWE Champion John Cena's year-long title reign, WWE officials declared a new champion will be crowned in Chicago. And after a roller coaster ride of an evening for Randy Orton, the Legend Killer emerged with the WWE Championship gold.

Orton was awarded the gold, only to be challenged by Triple H. The Game defeated the Legend Killer to recapture the title for the 11th time. But The Game's reign would be short-lived. Mr. McMahon insisted on pitting his nemesis against Orton in a Last Man Standing Match. After a brutal battle, Orton emerged victorious, clutching his precious WWE Championship. How will Triple H avenge his loss at the hands of Orton? How far is Orton willing to go to retain his newfound title?

The Glamazon powered past Candice Michelle at No Mercy and will raise the gold in Grand Rapids. Candice left everything she had on the mat, but Phoenix proved too powerful to contain. Will the Candy-coated Diva seek revenge on the Glamazon? Or, as Phoenix said, has the "Era of the Glamazon" officially begun?

Cena Speaks Out wrote:
GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – The day after his nemesis, Randy Orton, won the WWE Championship, former WWE Champion John Cena will speak out via satellite on Raw Monday night. This will be his first interview since undergoing surgery for a torn pectoral tendon last Tuesday.

What will the former Champ have to say about Orton, the man responsible for both putting him out of action for six months to a year and ending his title reign?

It had to have been heartbreaking – and maddening – for Cena to surrender his WWE Championship and then see Orton take his spot atop WWE. And what does Cena have to say about his injury, his prognosis for recovery and his future?
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*Evil, yet necessary, double post*

It looks like tonight's edition of RAW will feature a WWE Womens Championship match between Beth Phoenix and Candice Michelle, but the best part about it is it will be a best two out of three falls match.

It's about time we started seeing more of these type of matches! Especially where title matches are concerned.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Edge will definetly return at SS.
Candice Michelle broke her colar-bone yesterday and will be out for 4-6 months apparently.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

since this is the place to post some news, matt hardy suffered a serious gash on his head during the smackdown tapins.

Quote:
Source: The Wrestling Observer

Dave Meltzer is reporting that Matt Hardy suffered a 7 inch gash that required 35 stitches to lose last night in Kansas City at the TV tapings.

He was giving Rey Mysterio a splash mountain and Mysterio's knee brace caught him in the head. He was bleeding buckets and they had to stop the show to change the mat because of all the blood. At this point, his status for Cyber Sunday is uncertain.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here's wwe's third quarter results for 2007.

Quote:
World Wrestling 3Q Profit Drops
World Wrestling 3rd-Quarter Earnings Fall 8 Percent on Lower Interest Income

STAMFORD, Conn. (AP) -- World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., promoter of the SmackDown wrestling events and other entertainment, said Thursday third-quarter earnings fell 8 percent on lower investment income and a higher tax bill.

Net income slipped to $8.5 million, or 12 cents per share, from $9.2 million, or 13 cents per share, in the year-ago period.

Revenue rose 16 percent to $108.1 million from $93.2 million last year, boosted by $12.8 million from the company's film business.

Analysts polled by Thomson Financial expected earnings of 9 cents per share on revenue of $102.4 million.

The company makes money primarily from ticket sales and television revenue from live events. It also sells related merchandise and consumer products such as DVDs and magazines. The latest period is the first in which it recorded profit from its film unit's "The Marine" -- even though the movie was released last year -- because of a complex system in recognizing revenue.

An increase in international events and higher consumer product sales helped operating income rise slightly, but the company's investment income fell by 30 percent and its tax expenses rose 15 percent.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

chris master has been suspended sixty days and dh smith aka harry smith has been suspended thirty days for violating the wellness program. wwe.com reported it.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, it didn't take long for someone to screw up after WWE changed the policy, did it?

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

guess harry smith is taking after his father now, not to surprising that chris masters is once again suspended due to it.

Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also Brooke has been released.

Damn the fabolous Moolah died yesterday with an age of 84 years. Rest in peace
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pretty much tuned into RAW for the DX and Austin segments which, I've gotta say, were probably the best parts of the show. I thought it was pretty funny how the "freaks" were all wanting to be part of DX, only to have it end with just Trips and Shawn.

With all this talk of the mysterious videos being about Chris Jericho's return to WWE, did anybody else find it funny that there was a promo for "Jericho" (can't recall exactly what it was about) through-out the show?

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you don't know the december 10th edition of raw will be a three hour show. wonder why?

Ralphy Leone Tensei

Aces Wild

8872 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sure, Raw gets 3 hours but we never see Smackdown recieving the same treatment... :no:

Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it's USA's call, not WWE's. In SD! case it would be UPN's call. If UPN doesn't feel SD! deserves a 3 hour special, they won't get it.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While that is a logical argument, it takes away from the "bash WWE at any opportunity" vibe some of the fans like to adopt. In any event, it is true. WWE themselves can't just say "Okay, we're having a 3 hour SmackDown! in January!" and expect UPN to make room in their schedule. For all we know, WWE's deal with USA may dictate a certain number of 3 hour shows per year.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

could you really stand to watch smackdown for three full hours. i can barley watch an hour now cause it's been boring.

just read that the wwe title match with shawn michaels vs. randy orton will have a stipulation. shawn michaels can't use his sweet chin music, if he does he losses.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Wrestling All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: