Suikoden Uncanny and Irenic Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Futurama goodness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's who I meant. Comedy Central has the rights now. I just heard they were doing a few new seasons with the show. I never heard anything about movies, and cutting them into episodes.

I hope they do both!

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tek Jansen wrote:
Actually Cartoon Network lost the rights to Futurama. I can't remember the cut off date but soon they won't be allowed to air the show at all anymore.

that's a damn shame since i always watch it on cartoon network's adult swim.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Happy days and jubilation! Hopefully this means that the ongoing revival of deceased Fox properties will continue unabated...

I'm not too worried about the quality right now. Shouldn't take too long for the series to hit its stride again, once it's back. I have a feeling that Family Guy would've nosedived eventually anyway even if it weren't canceled. That kind of shtick can only go so far.
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is Groening doing anything with the new movies/episodes for Comedy Central, or is he basically out of the show?

Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bub wrote:
Is Groening doing anything with the new movies/episodes for Comedy Central, or is he basically out of the show?

Everyone's working on them again from what I've heard. Most of the writers, all the voice actors, Groening of course will be the head dude of all four movies in the same role he took with the show basicly.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Delsaber wrote:
Happy days and jubilation! Hopefully this means that the ongoing revival of deceased Fox properties will continue unabated...

I'm not too worried about the quality right now. Shouldn't take too long for the series to hit its stride again, once it's back. I have a feeling that Family Guy would've nosedived eventually anyway even if it weren't canceled. That kind of shtick can only go so far.

That's the difference between Futurama and Family Guy. The latter played on and relied too much on its shtick while the former actually had episodes which made sense sooner or later depending on how dumb they made Fry in that particular episode. Plus, Futurama's characters were much better written.

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw that Sarah Silverman has a voice role in one of the upcoming movie-episode dealies. That'll be nice. Her kind of Humor mixing in with the Futurama should be a pretty interesting thing to see. I'm inclined to agree with Tullayrx. I much perfer the characters from Futurama.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There really isn't any contest between Futurama and Family Guy. Futuruma had great, memorable characters and original concepts. Family Guy...doesn't.

I really cannot wait to have more Futurama material! Dr. Zoidberg, I've missed you so!

Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I just finished watching the first movie about two minutes ago and let me just say, it's utterly awesome. Full of references to the series as well as most of the characters. If I was to rate it as an episode I'd have to say it isn't to the quality as some of the best episodes but still good nonetheless, though in my opinion all the Futurama episodes were good, even the worst (That's Lobstertainment! :P). They probably sacrifice some comedy for references to the series but I was expecting that for the first movie. The plot is well developed and it even has some musical bits in there, the last one is hilarious (though they seem to just turn up for no real reason).
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I saw it too. It wasnt as funny as the series, but it was a genuinely well written story, and I really found myself giving a damn about the characters again.

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw it-- and I thought it was rather good. Not as good as the best of the episodes, as others have said, but a really wonderful come back, I'd say. The plugs at Fox Network and Family Guy were really humorous. The musical bits are kind of randomly thrown in there-- but nearly everyone's favorite episodes are the musical episodes, so I'm sure that's why they decided to toss those in there. The cast always does a wonderful job with the singing.

Either way, it's really wonderful to see some genuinely well written comedic animation again. I haven't seen much, except for on South Park lately.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I'm hearing Dr. Zoidberg would give this movie a hearty "Hooray!". I shall purchase said dvd when its out.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

got the movie last week and watch it a couple of times. damn good to see there back. one thing i found dumb was it took them two years to give bender a last name and zoidberg a first name :\.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked it a lot, and really enjoyed all the little in-jokes from the series. A caveat, however: I'm not sure how well this and the upcoming DVD releases are going to work broken up into parts and aired in the place of an original season's worth of TV episodes. In my opinion, Bender's Big Score works better as a stand-alone release, kind of the exact opposite of The Stewie Griffin Story, which was originally meant to be a multi-episode arc until it was stitched together and released as a DVD movie, where it felt awkward and disjointed.
UCPesmerga

The Hidden Foxes

221997 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
got the movie last week and watch it a couple of times. damn good to see there back. one thing i found dumb was it took them two years to give bender a last name and zoidberg a first name :\.

Bender had a full name a long time ago. They released it in two different episodes. One in which he claims he was built in Mexico, he states his name is Bender B. Rodriguez. I can't remember which episode this was, but I recall Zoidberg trying on new shells. And in the episode where Bender is a scab iron worker, he mentions to the fembot that Bending is his middle name, hence the full name: Bender Bending Rodriguez.

For some reason, I also knew Zoidberg's first name was John. But I don't know where I got that from.

On a related note, I liked the movie. I might still work split up. I'd have to watch it 4 or 5 more times though. Good thing I was going to do that anyways.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: