Suikoden Ugly and Infamous Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Futurama goodness
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: New Futurama goodness Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, for those who were saddened by the cancellation of Futurama should stop being saddened now. Anyone in the know already has been waiting for the new direct-to-video full-lenght features of Futurama. the first one is to be titled Futurama: Bender's Big Score. Here's the trailer for it...

Futurama: Bender's Big Score trailer

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This isnt in place of the new episodes scheduled to air in 2008, right?

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The full-length movies will also be shown on TV, cut into episodes. If I remember correctly then there are four movies in total, which means 16 episodes.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks amusing. I'm still a bit worried that it will suck, though. I'm happy that they got all the old cast members back together-- however, I can't help but be a little worried. I'll definitely be getting this the first day that it comes out. Hypno-frog demands it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHN!
(or however it is spelt!)

I am excited to say the least. I thought the script for Futurama was far superior to the later episodes of The Simpsons, so I'm not worried about the writing.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think unlike the return of [b]Family Guy the new Futurama won't have to rely too much on pop culture references. After awhile those inane references Peter Griffin always mention got old and unfunny. Plus, new Bender and Nibbler are always good news to me.

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I just p... Never mind I'll just say that trailer makes me happy.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Looks like crap. I miss Futurama, but not enough to warrant a really crappy series of wannabe movies. I fail to see the appeal of crappy simpson's writing with Fry painted on the box.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, to be honest, it didnt look all that good from the trailer. I didn't even smile. I'm hoping they just used the shittier parts that actually have something to do with the plot as opposed to the funny parts with no significance - which is a mistake in itself.

Confused Chaquita Banana Minions

464538 Potch
425 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope it'll be good... I miss Futurama. ;~:

"And as the lion slaughters man, I am the wolf and you're the lamb." ~Blind Guardian
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

bout time. been waiting for the new stuff to come out when i first heard about it couple years ago.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only a few episodes though... :cry:
Bub

Sons of Thunder

59807 Potch
0 Soldiers
1894561 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm. I could have sworn I heard that Cartoon Network picked up the show for a few new seasons. So basically they are just making a few lengthy movies and cutting them up and putting them on their network? That is rather disappointing. I was hoping for a few more seasons of one of my favorite shows of all time.

This kind of sucks. :(

UCPesmerga

The Hidden Foxes

221997 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bub wrote:
Hmm. I could have sworn I heard that Cartoon Network picked up the show for a few new seasons. So basically they are just making a few lengthy movies and cutting them up and putting them on their network? That is rather disappointing. I was hoping for a few more seasons of one of my favorite shows of all time.

This kind of sucks. :(

They're doing the movies AND Cartoon Network picked up a few new seasons of the show. This is my understanding. The possibility I'm wrong is out there, but I usually remember things like this.

Edit: Meant to say Comedy Central, not Cartoon Network... :P

Last edited by UCPesmerga on Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually Cartoon Network lost the rights to Futurama. I can't remember the cut off date but soon they won't be allowed to air the show at all anymore.

After the four movies are out they will be cut into a new season (With added stuff) and shown on Comedy Central who paid apparently the largest sum ever to obtain the rights to the re-runs + new movies.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: