Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Luca fighting old men?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Less than stellar translation strikes again!

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Someone needs to tell Raww Le Klueze! :mrgreen:
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never took him saying "fighting" literally, he may have meant "fighting" his father in arguements or just down to his incompitence. As opposed to him literally fighting foes on the battlefield. It would be a rather silly part of the game to mention Han, so i don't think he was refering to sparring, its just a bad translation.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll see if I can find the Japanese script later. Maybe that will make me a little wiser.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always assumed he meant Agares in more of a trying to gain control sort of way, since he was trying to assume power from his father early on in the game, due to his perceiving Agares as weak for wanting peace.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to read it again in the actual game but based on what Splendid Monkey wrote in his original post the only way it really makes sense in the English version is if he's talking about Han.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I seriously doubt that he meant Han, its interesting to see how many people are saying its Han as I figured it was him refering to Agares, i mean i noticed a number of times where the script is badly translated, so its konami's fault for confusing it.

I just assumed it wasnt Han, due to the fact Luca has no contact with him in gameplay at all.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I figure he has a warmer relationship with Han Cunningham, then that of him and his father. Han was the man who saved him as a child from the bandits in Jowston whilst Agares was the man who ran away.
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Luca fighting old men? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Han Cunningham was l like a father to luca then Agares was
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Luca fighting old men? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can see where based on whats said in game in the english version it would seem he means fighting, physically and that would most likely mean Han Cunningham. Don't forget though that in game Stallion has a true rune.... I think Vextor pretty much cleared this one up, he was talking about his father and not fighting physically. It was just poorly translated.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Luca fighting old men? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i find this

Following this, Han Cunningham, the hero that technically won the war for Highland, was appointed general of the Highland Army's 2nd Company, the royal guards. It was Han who was responsible for saving Sara Blight and Luca Blight from the ruffians hired by Muse and, as such, was one of the few people Luca held any measure of respect for. It was also Han who tutored Luca in swordsmanship.
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Luca fighting old men? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Evil luca blight":1q9wkg32]i find this

Following this, Han Cunningham, the hero that technically won the war for Highland, was appointed general of the Highland Army's 2nd Company, the royal guards. It was Han who was responsible for saving Sara Blight and Luca Blight from the ruffians hired by Muse and, as such, was one of the few people Luca held any measure of respect for. It was also Han who tutored Luca in swordsmanship.

This is all a little off topic, but I doubt Luca held any measure of respect for Han though because I don't think Luca was capable of respect. I think he's so completely cynical that the only thing he respects is action, so once Han retired from active service Luca would have lost all respect for him and he would have become just another pig. However I do agree that he would respect Han more then Agares. If Han had been any kind of a father figure to Luca he might not have gone quite so insane, but I think the insanity started the moment he saw his mother raped so Han could never have been the respected Father figure your thinking he was, not to Luca anyway.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Re: Luca fighting old men? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

han lost respect for Agares Blight when Agares fled and his wife was raped
Han respect for. Luca also Han who tutored Luca in swordsmanship. to be storng and
not weak-minded. like Agaresb was
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Luca fighting old men? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="Evil luca blight":29m420mc]han lost respect for Agares Blight when Agares fled and his wife was raped
Han respect for. Luca also Han who tutored Luca in swordsmanship. to be storng and
not weak-minded. like Agaresb was

I don't really see any point in the game where they say anything to this effect. Actually quite the contrary Agares was a good and strong ruler. Also Han being from the same Village as Genkaku and being best friends with Genkaku I'm inclined to believe that he would be more like Genkaku, compassionate and good. While he may have been charged with training Luca in the ways of war I highly doubt his personality rubbed off at all. Also in the scenes we do see with Han he seems to be a strong and honorable soldier. Luca is anything but honorable.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Evil luca blight

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Re: Luca fighting old men? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agares was a weak

his son, Luca, held him responsible for the madness and eventual death of his wife, Sara. Following this, a grief-stricken Agares failed to place adequate checks on Luca, ironically generating more contempt from his son for being weak-minded.

By 460, Agares was seen as a weak and incompetent King based on his lack of control over the Kingdom. He let Highland slip from his grasp throughout the Dunan Unification War,
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: