Suikoden United and Illusional Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Luca fighting old men?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Luca fighting old men? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember that during the slaughter of Ryube village Luca said something like: "All I've been fighting lately is this old man." Anyone know who he was referring to? In the beginning I thought he meant Genkaku but he died a natural death, didn't he? Or could it have been figurative speech and was he talking about king Agares? Or is Luca just full of crap?
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He was talking about being trained by Han Cunningham.

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Decado wrote:
He was talking about being trained by Han Cunningham.

Right! That makes sense. Now that must have been some intense sparring matches! I wouldn't mind getting a chance to sit in on one of their training sessions. :mrgreen:
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think he must've meant old men like the civilians in the village because if someone called an old man, he would've probably meant someone who's weak like a weak old man.

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

blueflame wrote:
I think he must've meant old men like the civilians in the village because if someone called an old man, he would've probably meant someone who's weak like a weak old man.

That's how he thought of Han Cunningham, Luca didn't have a lot of respect for him, or anyone for that matter.
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always thought he was refering to Agares, since Luca had just been given control of the military after the king was commanding them originally. The term "old man" is always associated with "Father".

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Metallingus

Grandchildren of the Runes

30829 Potch
49 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

True, but he really can't spar with his dad, as much as he hates him. During my first few playthroughs, I thought he was referring to random old man/men he killed in Ryube, but then I learned that he was being trained by Han Cunningham.

From the way he fights when you encounter him in the game, I guess he had every right to be bored. Three parties, a platoon of archers, and a duel at the end. Fierce. :D I actually had to reload and train a bit during my first playthrough. XD My sister dreads the actual fight and trains/sharpens her weapons/equips runes properly like mad before the fight. She even has her parties listed down in one of her notebooks. :lol:
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, but that's more like "my old man". Luca said "this/that old man", so it clearly wasn't a direct reference to his father. I also think he was referring to Han Cunningham here.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca Blight is referring to a fight that involved a sword though, so I don't think it's Agares Blight. I share Decado's belief that it is Han Cunningham, as he is the one who trained Luca. Plus, regarding tha "old man" term, didn't Viktor call Han the same thing during the capture of L'Renouille?

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought he was making a joke about his father actually, Han Cunningham seems to make more sense though.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually can't remember him saying something like that, maybe because it was just one line.. But now that you all put the pieces together, Han Cunningham makes a lot of sense.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought he was referring to the fact he's been battling with his father over the war with Jowston, not an actual fight. It didn't really make sense for him to be talking about Han at the moment, but I guess it could be.

But don't forget the whole "This/My old man" doesn't really work since Luca didn't consider him to be his father, and thought he was pretty useless.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm of the same sentiment as Milan, though I suppose either interpretation could be correct.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, meant to be Agares. A better translation would have been "All I've been doing these days is dealing with that old man" which is what Luca's been doing, politically speaking.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bah!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: