Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

[Phase 17] Jowston Exploration of Dunan Delta

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Exploration, Raids, Intercepts, & Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: [Phase 17] Jowston Exploration of Dunan Delta Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Miklotov, Onimaru and Nimble Jack head out to the Dunan Delta to search for the man known as Shu. Upon arriving in Radat the expedition begins it's search for Shu around the Dunan Delta region.

Nimble Jack: Excuse me sir, have you seen the man known as Shu?

Radat civilian: That's a name I ain't heard for a while. Shu, the old Prime Minister?

Onimaru: Yes, that's the one.

Radat civilian: Last I heard he moved to Two River. Something needed his attention o'er there.

Miklotov: Pardon me for asking further question, but do you happen to know when he left the town? The information we received about Shu being in Dunan Delta region was slightly outdated but supposed to be reasonably accurate. And do you know what matter that he needed to attend at Two River?

Radat civilian: Well it must've happened rather recently now that I think 'bout it. Nobody knew his business in Two River. I imagine it's something important but I'm not sure what it could've been. You know how secretive a person like him can be.

Radat shop keeper: Excuse me Lord Miklotov for I couldn't help overhearing. As it turns out I do know he packaged a large amount of foods and supplies for his trip. I don't know for what reason though.

After hearing the answer from the civillian and the information from the shopkeeper about the amount of supply that Shu brought with him, Miklotov was convinced that Shu would require to travel quite far. Two River seemed to be a proper destination after all.

Miklotov: Let's go to Two River

The exploration team led by Miklotov arrived in Two River's Human district. Due to Two River currently being under Scarlet Moon Empire's control the exploration team had to be discreet in asking around for any trace of the man they sought.

Quickly, they were approached by 3 men. They wore normal clothes and appeared to be locals. To Nimble Jack's trained eye he could tell they were not Empire soldiers and very likely were not trained by the City-States.

They stopped at the small alleyway directly ahead of the exploration team. Two of the men turned in and entered the alleyway going out of sight from the exploration team. The third man, whom one might call the leader of the group stopped and stared at Miklotov. His eyes widened as if to get their attention. then he slowly bent his neck to the side where the other men had gone as if indicating for the exploration group to follow.

After a quick look of ascent between Nimble Jack, Miklotov and Onimaru the trio decided to follow into the alleyway cautiously. They walked a few meters down until an open doorway was there. Inside, they could hear talking. Before deciding what to do they were invited in from a voice from inside. Cautiously they proceeded inside.

Immediately as they moved in a wooden make-shift fence was put up to block the alleyway, trapping them inside! Before they could react the door to the building shut behind them. They found themselves inside an old house, sparsely furnished and but a single desk in the main room where the Leader was sitting.

Leader: He said you'd come, though I didn't think you'd come dressed like that. This isn't Greenhill where you can just make up fake names and walk around town and nobody is wiser.

Miklotov: Who do you speak for? I am ...

Leader Yes! We know who you are. Everyone in this town knows who you are. You are lucky most of the Empire's soldiers are fighting at the battle to the north or you would have been captured. My name is Achilles and I have been commissioned by the man you are seeking.

You will recognize the success we have had against the Empire. It is not a coincedence.

Nimble Jack: We wish to speak with Shu. Can you arrange it?

Achilles: Not yet, we need your help. There is a room in the sewers in the Winger's district. We have intelligence that the Empire is holding him there until he agrees to work with them. Obviously we cannot have that, neither can you. We will need to rescue him.

Onimaru: Who did this Intel come from? It sounds easy enough.

Achilles: Seems that way, doesn't it. The info is reliable, it's from the same person who gave us plans for our battle with the Empire's counter insurgency force.

The problem of just busting him out is that it will alert the entire garrison of your presence and they will capture us all. Two River will lock down and there will be no escape. According to the plan provided to us we'll need a distraction, preferably in the Kobold District. This means we will need to split up as the success of this operation requires both strike forces to hit at the same time.

Manning and I will join your group. We need 2 parties and we have 5 regiments. So, what do you say? Will we work together???

Miklotov glanced left to Onimaru and then glanced to his right where Nimble Jack stood. No words were spoken, no movement was needed.

Miklotov: Yes, we will work together. Nimble Jack will join me in the sewers and I ask Manning to accompany me as a guide. I am unfamiliar with what we may face.

Achilles: Lord Onimaru, we shall arrange a distraction.

Onimaru: I am looking forward to it.

In the next morning ...

Miklotov: Is the Winger district always so empty? Where is everyone?

Manning: Sadly, the wingers left upon the Empire's arrival. While some have come by sporadically, never has the population returned. It was their home according to lore, I found it odd that they left.

Here is the sewer entrance, come quickly before we are spotted. Watch your step Lord Miklotov, the slime on the floor is not always just slime.

The rescue group continued through the sewers, Manning expertly guiding the force and taking point several meters ahead.

Manning: Wait! Here comes a patrol. The room is not near here, I am surprised to see the patrol come this far. We are out of sight for now, but if they continue this way they will walk right into us. It will be hard for them to miss all these soldiers.

Meanwhile....

Onimaru quickly begins walking around in circles kicking up dirt. He shook his head while keeping his head down watching his feet. Occassionally he'd look up shake his head even harder and then continue on this.

It did not take long until some of the local residents took notice and began watching. Once Onimaru could feel he had attracted enough glares he stopped what he was doing. Looked up directly into Achilles' eyes still shaking his head slightly.

Onimaru: This isn't right! No, Kevin... this isn't right at all! Why do we stand for this? Why do we let these imperials attack our brothers. My child attended Greenhill... yours did as well.

I am not a City-state citizen anymore... No, I'm too ashamed to call myself that. To stand here and let these Imperials attack my country-men and do nothing is horrible. Even worse is to stand here and train to fight for the Imperials like they are their slaves! Look at them!

Some of the Kobolds who had gathered around to hear Onimaru's tirade began yelling back at him. One Kobold soldier stoped his personal training and walked over

Kobold Soldier: Watch what you say or I will see to it you cannot speak again. *grrrrr*

Onimaru: You will fight me, your fellow countryman but not the Imperials who have conquerored our city? We are citizens of the City-states still. We should be fighting together, side by side against....

Meanwhile....

Miklotov: They are approaching. I believe we should prepare for battle.

Suddenly lots of noise could be heard... undecipherable and most definitely from a distance. It sounded like voices, many voices all yelling about something.

Manning: Lord Miklotov, stand down. The patrol has turned. They may be going to investigate that noise. Let's wait here a bit longer than procede.

After waiting a bit Miklotov's team proceded to the holding area.

Manning: Okay, inside that room should be where Shu is being held. There are no guards here guarding the door. Appears Lord Onimaru has done his job well.

Miklotov:I would have expected more from the Empire to hold a man of such stature.

Miklotov walked up to the door and put his ear to it. He listened closely and couldn't hear anything... it sounded quiet. Too quiet. Out of nowhere he could hear a crackling with a deep static sound.

Miklotov: Take cover!!

Miklotov began to run from the door but as he was running the door exploded outwards. Another fireball came flying out as three Archmages came running out of the room.

Troops on both sides let out a warcry!

Nimble Jack: I shall strike at thee with the passion of a thousand burning suns!
Manning: It's time to pay the piper!
Miklotov:

Archmage: Get out of here
Archmage: Hmph.
Archmage: ...

----=<Round 1>=----
Nimble Jack's Guard of the Old Way (Clerics) and Archmage's Mages of Circle (Arcanist) engage in battle!

Guard of the Old Way attacks with the Hiding Within The Shell formation while Mages of Circle attacks with the same formation!

Archmage's regiment suffers 472 casualties, leaving them with 9528 soldiers, while Nimble Jack's regiment suffers 233 casualties, leaving them with 6767 soldiers.

Archmage: I have failed...
Nimble Jack: No scabard suits my blade like the carcass of my enemy!

Nimble Jack's regiment wins!

----=<Round 2>=----
Manning's Hand of Justice (Infantry) and Archmage's Mages of Circle (Arcanist) engage in battle!

Hand of Justice attacks with the Hiding Within The Shell formation while Mages of Circle attacks with the same formation!

Archmage's regiment suffers 26 casualties, leaving them with 3974 soldiers, while Manning's regiment suffers 1636 casualties, leaving them with 364 soldiers.

Manning: Another day, our song will sing louder than your own...
Archmage: You are not worthy.

Archmage's regiment wins!

----=<Round 3>=----
Miklotov's Blue Knights (Heavy Cavalry) and Archmage's Mages of Circle (Arcanist) engage in battle!

Blue Knights attacks with the Back Against Open Water formation while Mages of Circle attacks with the Fast Arrow Pierces formation!

Archmage's regiment suffers 1864 casualties, leaving them with 5936 soldiers, while Miklotov's regiment suffers 927 casualties, leaving them with 7073 soldiers.

Archmage: ...
Miklotov:

Miklotov's regiment wins!

-----=<Results>=-----
[Sewer team]
Round 1: Nimble Jack (Clerics) 7000 - 233 = 6767
Round 2: Manning (Infantry) 2000 - 1636 = 364
Round 3: Miklotov (Heavy Cavalry) 8000 - 927 = 7073

[Archmages]
Round 1: Archmage (Arcanist) 10000 - 472 = 9528
Round 2: Archmage (Arcanist) 4000 - 26 = 3974
Round 3: Archmage (Arcanist) 7800 - 1864 = 5936

Miklotov surveyed the area watching for any further ambushes. He looked behind him to see Manning lieing prone. He could see his body raise and fall so he knew he was still alive and breathing. Still, he did not look well.

Miklotov turned to look at what remained of the charred door. He stood in this exact spot moments ago before being nearly fried by a fireball. He looked inside the room....

Meanwhile...

Onimaru: I will not fight you Kobold. I will not bring harm to another of Two River's citizens.

Kobold Soldier: Then defend yourself!

Onimaru swiftly takes the initiative!
Onimaru shifts into duel mode ATTACK!

Kobold Warriors shifts into duel mode DESPERATE!

---=<[Round 1]>=---
Onimaru attacks Kobold Warriors and hits!
However, the weak attack is ineffective against Kobold Warriors!

Kobold Warriors attacks Onimaru and inflicts 18 points of damage!

Onimaru: 146 | Kobold Warriors: 246

---=<[Round 2]>=---
Onimaru attacks Kobold Warriors and inflicts 15 points of damage!
Onimaru attacks again!
Onimaru attacks Kobold Warriors and inflicts 3 points of damage!

Kobold Warriors attacks Onimaru!
However, Onimaru somehow parries the attack!

Onimaru: 146 | Kobold Warriors: 228

---=<[Round 3]>=---
Onimaru attacks Kobold Warriors!
However, Kobold Warriors powerfully brushes the attack aside!
Onimaru attacks again!

Onimaru: 146 | Kobold Warriors: 228

---=<[Round 4]>=---
Onimaru attacks Kobold Warriors and inflicts 3 points of damage!
Onimaru attacks again!
Onimaru attacks Kobold Warriors!
However, Kobold Warriors powerfully brushes the attack aside!

Onimaru: 146 | Kobold Warriors: 225

---=<[Round 5]>=---

Kobold Warriors attacks Onimaru and inflicts 35 points of damage!

Onimaru: 111 | Kobold Warriors: 225

---=<[Round 6]>=---
Onimaru attacks Kobold Warriors and inflicts 14 points of damage!

Kobold Warriors delivers a CRITICAL hit!
Onimaru reels back from the powerful blow, suffering 90 points of damage!

Onimaru: 21 | Kobold Warriors: 211

---=<[Round 7]>=---
Onimaru attacks Kobold Warriors and inflicts 11 points of damage!

Kobold Warriors attacks Onimaru and inflicts 36 points of damage!

Onimaru: 0 | Kobold Warriors: 200

Kobold Warriors is the winner!

Kobold Soldier: *grrr* You left me choice. What you speak of is bad for morale.

The Kobold soldier looked to Achilles

Kobold Soldier: Kevin, get your friend out of here, the Empire troops will be coming soon, the gates to the city will close. ... Now!!

Meanwhile...

Miklotov: You!?!?! What are you doing here!?!??!

Kobold Warrior: He said you'd come for me. He said you'd save me. Me make a big mistake... got captured by a patrol when going back to my fort.

Miklotov: Your fort?

Nimble Jack: Miklotov, we must go now. It sounds like the diversion has subsided. We must go check on Onimaru.

Miklotov: You're right. Gengen, let's go.

Gengen: Okay Miklotov!

Suddenly they heard many footsteps running through the sewers. They looked to Manning who was now standing but still noticably in pain. Manning motioned that he was alright and suggested they run now. The explorers ran through the rest of the sewer and exited into the Kobold District. The sound of soldiers running could be heard all around. Quickly Miklotov ran out and found Achilles helping Onimaru to his feet.

Miklotov: Okay, tell the soldiers to get out of the town, the entire garrisson and elements from the Greenhill offencive will be chasing after us. Make your way to the East gate by the Human District.

Achilles: Good luck Lord Miklotov. Manning and I will stay behind and help slow down their chase. It was an honour.

Miklotov looked at Achilles and simply nodded his head once. He turned and began running to catch up to Nimble Jack and Onimaru who had begun making their way to the East Gate.

Nimble Jack: The gates are closed, we're trapped.

Miklotov: We can't get it open?

Nimble Jack: No

Miklotov: How many of our soldiers made it out? How many are still with us?

Onimaru: Most of our forces made it out. It's just us and a small handful of soldiers. I'd say there are 25 soldiers from Nimble Jack's regiment and about 10 of your heavy cavalry soldiers.

Scarlet Moon Garrisson: Halt!

Miklotov: Then we fight!

Before Miklotov could begin his charge against the Scarlet Moon Garrisson he could see heavy rocks falling from the sky. A distinct flapping sound, like leather flapping in the wind could be heard. Miklotov looked up and saw Wingers flying over head.

Nimble Jack: Lord Miklotov, the gate!

Miklotov looked behind him and saw the gate being unlocked, and lifted by more wingers.

Nimble Jack: Quickly, while the Wingers occupy the SME garrisson.

The rest of the exploration team quickly ran away from the battle as the Wingers began an organized withdrawl having accomplished their mission.

After getting far enough away from the city Gengen bid Miklotov farewell and ran off. Miklotov and the Wingers began talking.

Miklotov: Thank you for your help, you have done a great service for the City States.

Nimble Jack: Yes, your timing could not have been better.

Winger leader: He said you would need our help. He said you'd get chased out of the city.

Miklotov: The man you speak of...

Winger leader: The man I speak of has trained us covertly and has prepared us for this operation and many others in the future, that is if you will let us. This is an official request to have our soldiers fight for the City-States. Two River was our home, it was... until the empire showed up. The man I speak of prepared us for this day and for that we are grateful. The man I speak of is known as Shu.

Miklotov: We are looking for him, can you take us to him?

Winger leader: No, I cannot. He provided a letter to me that I was to give to you. I imagine it will explain things better than I am able to.

Miklotov took the letter and examined it. It was wax sealed and stamped with the old Prime Minister's seal. Convinced it was genuine, Miklotov opened it and began reading ...

City-States of Jowston gain their unique tier 2 regiment, the Wingers!

Regiment Experience

Onimaru Defeat
Nimble Jack Victory
Miklotov Victory

Achilles and Manning DO NOT GET anything - they are included for story purposes only.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

O_O

That took forever to read, but it was worth it. Congrats on the new regiment Jowston!

^Actual quote!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The GRIM REAPER hovers above the battlefield, ready to harvest the dead...

Spotting his quarry, the reaper swings his gigantic scythe!

*thrash!*

58 soldiers under Nimble Jack dies! 442 remain!

*thrash!*

409 soldiers under Manning dies! -409 remain!

*thrash!*

231 soldiers under Miklotov dies! -231 remain!

*thrash!*

118 soldiers under Archmage dies! 0 remain!

*thrash!*

6 soldiers under Archmage dies! 0 remain!

*thrash!*

466 soldiers under Archmage dies! 0 remain!

A total of 1288 soldiers have been killed!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Exploration, Raids, Intercepts, & Events All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: