Suikoden United and Irenic Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Yasunori Mitsuda

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Yasunori Mitsuda Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He is the composer of the music for Chrono Trigger and for a lot of other games. Listening to one of his albums - "Novel Soundtrack" I was amazed at how similar some of the tracks are to that of the Suikoden compositions, that and some draw from the Celtic influences that pieces like "Outskirts of Tinto" do. Click here and I guarentee you won't be dissapointed if you can find a preview of the tracks "Nocturne" or "Encounter ~ Curtain of Darkness" one is very Irish sounding, and the other is very moving, with a Japanese style (Nocturne).
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Funny you should mention that - Mitsuda actually did a collaboration project with Miki Higashino a few years back.

I've not heard this Novel Soundtrack album before. I'll have to see if I can find a copy to sample somewhere. I own most of his discography, and what I haven't been able to buy I've at least managed to pirate. :)
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He is my favorite video game music composer. I only own the Xenosaga 1 soundtrack though. All of his work is good.

^Actual quote!
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Of all his works Chrono Trigger has to be my favorite. Also, if any of you have yet to hear The Brink of Time, a ten track jazz rendition of various songs from the game, it's an absolute must. Mitsuda wasn't personally involved in it, but all the songs are taken from Chrono Trigger.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps a listening is in order.

What has he been working on most recently though? Any new game soundtracks?

^Actual quote!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the album I linked to in the first post is some of his latest work. It's the other way around for me, I need to listen to his older stuff, like Chrono Trigger etc.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mitsuda is making a few tracks for Smash Brothers Brawl. It's a lesser known fact that he did music for some of the Mario Party games.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: