Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Keystone Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Manga Suggestions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

its inconsistency regarding the characters' power level

Quote:

its complete departure from history after the Battle of Chi Bi

Yuck, those are some serious issues for stories that include well known or well liked characters from previous history or other stories(I must say so far the Suikoden series have done an amazing job not to screw that up), I guess the writers do have to keep the whole thing interesting with new challenges and storylines, but it could totally become a beating after a while.

I can't stand historical events being changed either though I guess in this case, if the kid knows the history well I suppose he could work to change it to benifit the side he supports... I'm sure there are plenty of other things happening in the story to complicate everything, but is it to a point that makes the whole thing hard to accept as a ROTK fan?

So is it heading toward an ending anytime soon?
Zangetsu

Getsuga

209279 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I stumbled upon possibly the best manga I've read to this date. Kamiyadori. It has everything I could possibly want in a manga. Gore, Monsters, Babes, Boobs, and lots of violence.

I'd suggest this to anyone who likes action mangas.
Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zangetsu wrote:
I stumbled upon possibly the best manga I've read to this date. Kamiyadori. It has everything I could possibly want in a manga. Gore, Monsters, Babes, Boobs, and lots of violence.

That describes Berserk to a tee.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Babes? Not so much, but the rest work. The only character I find remotely attractive is Slan, and she barely makes any appearances. Berserk isn't driven on testosterone as much as it is on realism, unlike lots of other stories in its genre. You won't find many women in that time period fighting in a mercenary band, let alone attractive ones.

Though I can guarantee you there is MUCH more gore in Berserk than in the one you found.

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You could try out One Piece, it has a pretty good story and if you've ever read Dragonball manga you'll find similarities within the characters of each series. You can also try reading Claymore, it's like Berserk..except with females. There's also Fist of the North Star, a classic. I don't know if they sell it in volumes though, I remember seeing it being in a publication called "Raijin Comics". I don't even know if they sell those still either :|

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

You can also try reading Claymore, it's like Berserk..except with females.

And MUCH less interesting characters and plot. I did like how many of them there were at the end though.

Getsuga

209279 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first scene in volume one of Kamiyadori, starts off with this monster thingy rippping out of a girls chest. Followed by a member of scura blowing the woman to pieces, and I mean peices! I knew from there on it was for me!
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like to suggest "Maison Ikkoku" by Rumiko Takahashi. It's a real funny love story with a lot of sarcasm and a lot of fun.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds, um, have you been reading the thread? Nonetheless, I wasnt aware that Rumiko had released a third manga.

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Sialeeds, um, have you been reading the thread? Nonetheless, I wasnt aware that Rumiko had released a third manga.

I'm very sorry, I overlooked the creepy part *duh*

Well I make that up and suggest "Get Backers" or "Kindaichi Shonen". For the last mentioned, I dunno if it's available as a single Manga. I read it in a Manga compilation magazin. But I have to say it's like "Case closed" but reeeeealy reaaaaly creepy.
Oboro Tennosuke

Earhbound Spirits

453 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With your tastes, and your love for that Kamiyadori, I think you'd love Tenjou Tenge and Gantz to death. Both have graphic violence, boobs, lots of action; the first has Martial Arts and the latter monsters and other creepy (and awesome) creatures.

While my description might portray them as pretty shallow, they are 2 of the best in their genre, I think. Especially Gantz, with its surreal side and adrenalinic, albeit slooooooooow, plot.

Berserk is always a top choice, but it might be too deep and dark for someone looking for "lighthearted" entertainment. It is no doubt a masterpiece though, seek it out if you want to read one of the best examples of manga as art....

Crono

Something Wicked

162570 Potch
200 Soldiers
40 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Really, if anyone considers themselves even REMOTELY a fan of manga, they have to read Berserk. I don't care what your preferences are.
We have an urge to kill
And our lust for blood has to be fulfilled
We'll fight 'till the end, and send our enemies straight to hell!"
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Crono, it would be nice if that were true, but it really is a bit... much for younger or more innocent members. But if demon rape, pedophiliac villains, people and horses getting chopped in half in a single swipe, and MANY character deaths don't turn you off, it is indeed a necessity.

I'm glad to see there's someone else here that shares my love of the series, though.

7641 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe nobody's suggested Hellsing yet, especially with the mention of love of gore, monsters, and boobs.
(Seras is famous for having the biggest anime/manga boobs lol)
Some awkward artwork at first, but it all works out and becomes complete awesome in the end. Well, it's not at the end yet but it's getting there.
And the OVA series <3~
Much, much, much better than that lame excuse for an anime. Well, at least it wasn't like Ginga Densetsu Weed, but the made-up, patchy plot pissed me off.

But this is about the manga
Which you will most certainly thoroughly enjoy
Betcha betcha.
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been reading Gantz, and there's so much T&A in that I wanna chuck it sometimes. I read the whole thing so I feel I may as well keep up on it though. I actually saw part of the manga and was so confused as to what was going on I went and read the manga to figure out what in crap was the point.
I wouldn't call it amazing by any long stretch, actually I think the only reason I'm still reading it is just because I put the time in to read it all thus far, I'd like to see what happens. Plus (spoilers) They brought Nishi back to life, and I love that guy, lol. I don't even know why, he just amuses me. (/spoiler)

-My DeviantArt-
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: