Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

guessing future true runes by their children/grandchildren

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: guessing future true runes by their children/grandchildren Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeh so I am wondering, would it be good to say one could guess easier and pin point particular true runes by their child runes?

I looked back at the 'possble true rune' topic.

so how many do we have alredy, and know their parents? would the turtle rune come from something else? and all those special character ablitiy-meele runes? do the have a parent? Like a "rune of battlement"?
would the frindship and phero rune have a parent, and would it be connected to Jene?

We guess Viki, her blinking rune, and the fact she can have one of those summoning runes attached to her head is special, so "she must have some true rune", but did the gate rune "have children"?

I just don't know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that's what I've been using to guess the future true runes for some time now. I'm very rusty on Suiko 3, but didnt the narcissist have a rose rune in that game? It would frighten me to think of the parent rune of that one.

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Yeah, that's what I've been using to guess the future true runes for some time now. I'm very rusty on Suiko 3, but didnt the narcissist have a rose rune in that game? It would frighten me to think of the parent rune of that one.

I think Reinbach and Josephine also have Rose Runes as well. But it is less of a magical rune and more of a Physical Rune, in the same vein as the Weapon-specific Runes,the Falcon Rune or the Phoenix Rune. I've always believed this runes are a reflection of the limitations of the Battle Mechanics in the Suikoden games. In other words, they needed a way to have players use unique physical abilities in combat but could only do it by adding them as "Runes".
Nesia

One-two-scratch

51603 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If that's the truth then 't would be suck. It's like they don't have a good plan when they make the game.

I mean, they're the creator! They could come up with something!
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That in itself was a good plan for the game, and it's worked pretty well. It has imposed some limitations, and it's not like the game was any harder because of it. It is quite hard to grasp the concept that you need to use a rune just to do a nine-hit combo on an enemy, and you could only do it once per battle (I'm looking at you, Shin). I could probably buy something with instant death, like Richard and Genshu's Swallow Rune, or something like the Phoenix and Falcon Runes, that give the wielder some super power overdrive steroid that allows them to hack away like a madman towards an enemy. =\

Perhaps all the purchasable weapon-specific runes have their own parent? That would be interesting to see, but then again, it would be obsolete, because the game only allows for one weapon... unless that weapon rune allows for weapon switching by the holder. Actually, that would be kinda cool, having a protagonist wield different weapons, and switching them through the rune or something like that.

Or maybe it's a crappy idea. I'm all for either, really. =\
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

limitations of the Battle Mechanics in the Suikoden games

If it's purely to provide them with unique techniques, why would they bother designing Rune Designs? That shows the technique 'runes' are actual RUNES as similar to any magic/effect rune.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I"m sticking with my theory that all battle runes come from the beast rune. Let's take a look at the facts. The Beast Rune governs an unknown force, but we do know that it is representative of Rage and and physical power. Almost all of the combat runes are given animal names (Boar rune, Falcon Rune, Swallow rune, Shrike Rune are just examples.)

So that leads one to wonder "Well what about the turtle rune? That has nothing to do with rage!" to which I submit this speculation: The Beast rune governs the aspects of Rage and Serenity. The turtle rune is the perfect example of a serene state; it is unaffected by outside forces, and nothing can change its state, it is perpetually calm and normal.

"Well what about the Rose rune? That's not an animal!" And Rage isn't a fire. Not all of the rune names are directly related to their parents.

So if you're asking if all the combat runes could have come from a single true rune, I'm saying they most definitely could have, and I'm under the impression that they did, and it was the beast rune.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Rage isn't a fire

*I am assuming you are refering to the 'Rage' fire rune

But it's more of an adjective that's often used with fire like say : 'The blaze raged through the night until it was finally put out' :*laugh*:

Now for your theory about the technique runes coming from the beast rune, let me just say that is a brilliant idea. I myself was subscribing to this idea far before I read your post. I was however thinking the parent of the technique runes was an undisclosed true rune something like the rune of true knowledge or sumthing.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well now that you mention the "rose rune" there is the likelyhood that there is a Rune of the wilderness, not the beasts that dwell within it but a rune that relates to all things growing. I'm getting a tad off topic, but kind of staying there with this rose rune stuff, but a wilderness true rune is a possiblity and one that could produce a solid story.

Notice that the True Runes are somewhat like coins, they have two sides or represent two seperate aspects of one thing. A rune of growth and the wilds would on one hand want to wipe clean civilization, want to swallow it up and bury it all beneath it's roots, much like a growing weed. While on the other hand the wilds also produce nutrients for the world, a rune of bounty and nurturing - feeding the world. It could be plausible. I dont know though, that's up to you guys and ultimatly somehow Konami always seems to surprise us!

I hate you Onimaru.
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think this technique or physical runes don't come from any parent rune. My theory is they are made by really skilled people. Take for instance the falcon rune, I forgot who made it but I think she taught it to Valeria and Anita. I think it can be bought sort of like a instruction booklet except it goes easily in your brain so you can learn it but these technique runes have requirements like having an axe or a really strong body or mind. I doubt they would come from the beast rune. The thing that comes from the beast rune would probably be the rune badeaux (sp?) uses.

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Falcon Rune is partly what makes me shy away from thinking this are actually runes at all. This guys train to learn the Falcon Style of swordsmanship. The Falcon Rune is merely the way to express it inside game-mechanics.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

unless technique runes could be explaned in rune terms as something comeing from some kind of "soulrune' one that governts an individual and the spark of life and being..something. Or simmiular.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:
unless technique runes could be explaned in rune terms as something comeing from some kind of "soulrune' one that governts an individual and the spark of life and being..something. Or simmiular.

How does that make any sense? I just explained a possibility for the Technique runes to have come from a known true rune.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Metallingus

Grandchildren of the Runes

30829 Potch
49 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
kuwaizair wrote:

How does that make any sense? I just explained a possibility for the Technique runes to have come from a known true rune.

Yup, and it's the best possible explanation IMO, until Konami releases an official statement. To date, if I'm not mistaken, only 18 True Runes are known to us. Other than the Beast Rune (if ever technique runes aren't descended from this particular true rune), there might be a "Rune of Combat" for all we know.

The rune that governs life and being is the Rune of Life and Death, or the Souleater. I doubt that technique runes are descended from that, as child/grandchild runes (i.e. True Lightning -> Thunder -> Lightning) have similar properties regardless of their names. What makes the idea that technique runes are descended from the Beast Rune plausible is the fact that we do not really know what the Beast Rune does. (Meaning, we don't really know what powers it gives the wielder in combat. Does it grant the ability to cast spells i.e. does it have n/n/n/n spells? Does it allow the user to tranform? Etc) Personally, I'm more inclined to think that the transformation runes (Like Bob's and Ernst's) are descended from the Beast Rune, but until we know for sure, technique runes being descended from the Beast Rune is an open possibility.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: