Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

our own fan film

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: our own fan film Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

does anyone here dislike the idea of a fan-film? Is it posslbe (not to mention legal, wich I doubt it) I ask because while hunting around the interent there is a bunch of determed girlies who are trying to make a 4th install ment to the Balto movies, no really 4 girls(or more?) are going to create a sequal by themselfs, its not a text or a game to them, its "very real"

so I wonder "hey can we get 100 obcessed, loving, talented fans to make something" I don't know how posslbe it is, what it would be like or if anyone would do it (hey who said you don't need to pay workers on a film, they do it out of love..there acctualy are a bunch of girls who are making a feature legnth film, all done by teenagers who want to work on it))

anway does anyone like the idea?

hey maybe we can turn suikogadien into a 'film'
all we need is animation students willing to work for us, everyone wins? they get their assigments done and grades and yaddayadda

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That can work but if it works and is big, just expect lawsuits to fly towards the groups general direction.

Thankfully there is a loophole for such, the parties have to forgo their credits and try to be anonymous or as disassociated from the project as possible to evade being respondent to/of the suit. I don't think a professor will give grades to a project which the student claims as her/his own without proof acknowledging the thing as indeed a product of her indespensable cooperation to it's creation.

I'm sorry if that dampens your spirit but blame the law on intellectual property and the jurispudence on incidents similar.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
That can work but if it works and is big, just expect lawsuits to fly towards the groups general direction.

Thankfully there is a loophole for such, the parties have to forgo their credits and try to be anonymous or as disassociated from the project as possible to evade being respondent to/of the suit. I don't think a professor will give grades to a project which the student claims as her/his own without proof acknowledging the thing as indeed a product of her indespensable cooperation to it's creation.

I'm sorry if that dampens your spirit but blame the law on intellectual property and the jurispudence on incidents similar.

as far as I know as long as no money is made its OK, (hell even some young copyright expert girls say the same is true for american films, they even have the Ok to make a series based on Universal Studios Balto. Mind you these are people who'd thorw a fit if you drew a pink wolf with leopard spots that looks like their pink coyote with jaguar spots they will sue you to death, but somehow its ok to make a movie using other's work)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=-iuMfdRvlK8
http://youtube.com/watch?v=rsQam1slya0
(yes she says that is ok and legal to make)
if we'd just, lets say voice over suikogadien, then it might count as a fandub, sence its not in the US, prehaps it falls under the same catagory as fansubs for anime. prehaps, I don't know. animation is a lot of work, but some people have nothing better to do. and passion is more important than other priorites.

well there is alredy deathblow georg and
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5YzjBK7arLs ( bunch of them)

if not, then all we can do is maybe make puppets and make puppet shows somehow. like if there is ever a "fourm wide meeting", fun and wackyness.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can you imagine trying to get a hundred different people (or any munber of fans, for that matter) to agree on who would play whom? Even in voice acting this can be sticky. Take Nash, for example. As a fan favorite, I can promise you that whomever was chosen, there would be people who would have a problem with it.
WHile this sort of thing would be undeniably fun, I'm, afraid it can never be more than a fond dream. >_>

If I were an animator I'd already have done some of this kind of thing because I have direct access to a recording studio where the music and voice acting could taken care of in a snap, but I, alas, suck at animating.

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I call Genshu! Although I'd need to get grey hair, and some kind of acting ability...
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Na, we'd have to create a whole new story completely. We'd need 108 stars of destiny, most just having bit parts as the Tenkai walks over to them and says hello, and they tag along, some have a more intergral part to the story. Then there's loads of NPC's, and each of those have at least ONE line.

Bagsy playing Ley.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well thats why I thought, eh try just at least dubbing suikogadien.

HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I claim a roll. Lena!! I could be Lena!!!! Believe it or not, I've actually got tons and tons of voice acting experience--comes with growing up in a recording studio. I was around, so I got used! XD

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ley wrote:
Na, we'd have to create a whole new story completely. We'd need 108 stars of destiny, most just having bit parts as the Tenkai walks over to them and says hello, and they tag along, some have a more intergral part to the story. Then there's loads of NPC's, and each of those have at least ONE line.

Bagsy playing Ley.

Fun killer. :(

Wouldn't a video be hard since we're all scattered across the world though? :P
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

guess so, never know, someone might have loads of cash to blow and we have a forum fun part and go "weee we're here".

wait for a live action one?

i don't know. but do you guys wanna be upstaged "by little girls"? eh. ah ell.
well lets come up with some kind of plan.

ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

as far as I know as long as no money is made its OK, (hell even some young copyright expert girls say the same is true for american films, they even have the Ok to make a series based on Universal Studios Balto. Mind you these are people who'd thorw a fit if you drew a pink wolf with leopard spots that looks like their pink coyote with jaguar spots they will sue you to death, but somehow its ok to make a movie using other's work)

While the whole profits clause is a factor. It is but ONE factor. Another thing the courts would look at is if the fansub/movie maligns the original work of the author so as to cause 'damage' to the current and future profits of the franchise of which it is a part of. While it's true it is not a hard and fast rule. The only way to effectively avoid prosecution is the veil of anonimity.
HarmonianHiccup

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Doing an animated one wouldn't be a problem as far as geography is concerned, Uji-Sama. :) I betcha most of us have a recording studio reasonably close enough that can do dubbing. If not, most computers are advanced enough that you can record onto them and have it come out reasonably professional-sounding.

If we did try to make a live action one, the fact that we're scattered all the heck over the place would only be the first of our problems.

I would adore being a costumer for such a film...*sigh*

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: