Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The mysterious Teleport Rooms...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have you have gotten in to the Rooms that can't be entered?
Yes
80%
 80%  [ 20 ]
No
20%
 20%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 25

Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: The mysterious Teleport Rooms... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone ever gotten Viki to teleport them into the rooms that can't be entered? I've been playing suikoden games for a long time now and Not Once have i ever gotten into these rooms. The stragity guides say it can be done but i'm not really believing it.

and as a follow up question, what is in these rooms? anything worth going back and teleporting a billion times to get?

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II and V are the only two games that have places you can teleport too on accident. And both contain some pretty good prizes. Rare runes and armor and such. It usually only takes 10-15 minutes of teleporting non-stop. Though I've gotten normally too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got it by chance while playing Suikoden II for the umpteenth time. There were some nifty treasures in there, but I do not remember what they are off hand as it has been quite a while. I wouldn't ever just sit there teleporting until I got into one of the rooms, though. They're meant to stumbled on to by chance, so I'll leave it to chance.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Suikoden II room holds a Pale Gate, Dragon Armor and the Mole Suit.

The Suikoden V has two teleporting spots, once has a Blinking Rune Piece, can't remember the other.

Edit: Fear the Pule Gate runes!

Last edited by Milan Fiori on Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've only ever made it into the upper floor of the Item Shop in Radat Town once.
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know, i just get the feeling mine is broken because i've played through Suikoden 2 many many times and i've never once gotten in there... :cry: I have beaten suikoden V yet so...

Now does teleporting to a specific place increase your chances of getting it? I mean, if i teleport to Radat in Suikoden 2 am i more likly to get up there?

"If you beat a dead horse vigorously enough, it's constant twitching and juttering will at least give an assembulence of activity." ~Yahtzee, from The Escapist:Zero Punctuation
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there not a place in Suikoden I too?

There is an upstairs in the item shop located in Great Forrest, if you go up there the guy tells you to stop. I think there is anyway.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While the shop owner does stop you in the great forest, there is no way to get up there.

Seraphblade

imaginary soldiers

935122 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe the creators initially wanted to put something in the second floor of the Great Forest shop but decided to forgo that later.

As for the room in Radat, don't worry. It should be able to work, I know how you feel Ryu. I've played suikoden II countless times and never got into the room. Then all of the sudden, as my sister was trying out my saved data and she wounded up there. Luck was on her side I guess. Along with the items Milan said, I think there was a Mega Medicine x9 there as well.
eXistence of Fly

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I made it to the Radat shop floor also, only once though and I then tried to speed it up by working with an emu and changing the graphics (so I was simply teleporting and back in like 5 seconds) and didn't manage to get it that way as opposed to getting it once when I was playing normally. So it's way random. Can't recall if I had gotten into one of the V spots, I distinctly remember being teleported into or somehow entering the locked door on one of the lower levels of the HQ. Dunno what i got or if that's even a spot though, I only played that game once.

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are two spots in SV that I got, and both of them were while teleporting to Hersheville. One is the lokced room in the Castle (which contains a Fortune Rune piece) and the other is the lone tree, which has a Blinking Rune piece. The lone tree is cool since you can leave it and enter the world map. If you do, you are just stuck on a little chunk of the map that is bordered on three sides by an impassible forest and the fourth side by a river.

The room in the castle I kept getting sent to over and over. Once you've gotten in there once and unlocked the door, its just annoying to keep getting sent back there.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seraphblade wrote:
I believe the creators initially wanted to put something in the second floor of the Great Forest shop but decided to forgo that later.

More like they forgot about it, it isn't exactly important enough to decide to not do. :P
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Great Forest isn't only one with a room that has its access blocked in the series. Both Great Hollow and Middleport had seemingly accessible inns that you cannot access, too. It seems these, together with the above teleport-only rooms, form some kind of weird on-going inside joke throughout the series or some such.
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been to the locked room in the castle in Suikoden V once. It was the only time I was "mis-teleported" by Viki in all of my Suikoden playthroughs. It just contains treasure just like Wataru said. It's nothing special, really. I wanted to get to the Lone Tree though, which I never accomplished. I am curious to see what it looked like.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
I've been to the locked room in the castle in Suikoden V once. It was the only time I was "mis-teleported" by Viki in all of my Suikoden playthroughs. It just contains treasure just like Wataru said. It's nothing special, really. I wanted to get to the Lone Tree though, which I never accomplished. I am curious to see what it looked like.

You can hardly see the tree itself because of the camera angle, you're looking downwards through the canopy. All that area has is a Blinking Rune Piece.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: