Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kibbutz Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Have you been affected by the problems in the housing market?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rune hunter

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Have you been affected by the problems in the housing market Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those of you who follow the financial news should be pretty aware that the US economy has had a bumpy ride this month. What with the housing bubble, the fed rate cuts and the tightening of access to credit.

I was wondering has any of these events affected you directly or indirectly? Do you think a reccesion is looming for the US? Or maybe even a global reccession?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well the European Central Bank has held off on another interest rate hike for now which is some good news for us Irish Mortgage Holders......

Also the Euro is at an all time high against the dollar.

Some Banks are starting to feel a little pinch too.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Partly, because of what's happened, my Grandparent's lost the home they lived in for some 40 years. I also lived in that house my Entire life. So Yeah, I'd say we managed to feel the Effect. There were other things that Contributed to it yes, and that is not the SOLE reason the home was lost, it was a part of it.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The US economy has been goin downhill for some time now. Cheap tricks have been holding things together, but things are bound to fall apart after this goes on for too long. Prices on everything has gone up in the USA. The Canadain Dollar is worth more than the US dollar now... that hasn't happened since the 70s when things REALLY sucked.

Greenspan says there's about a 50% chance of recession coming to the USA. With the huge defincit we've got, it seems likely. Somebody's gotta pay, and when it comes down to it, it'll come from each US citizen's pockets. Sucks to be us, eh!

It seems like only a few years ago it was $0.8 to a Euro, but now its about $1.4. Makes me wish I bought some Euro back then!
Zangetsu

Getsuga

209279 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if it's going to be global or not, but generally signs like this mean a recession is coming. In my job, we sell alot f stuff out of the US. The global economy has been so good these past few years, that is it is bound to come down again. A significant amount? I don't know, but certainly some.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: