Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Karma Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Feature: Loyalty!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:23 am    Post subject: New Feature: Loyalty! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A new feature has been added which can only be described as Loyalty. What this means is the longer you stay in your nation the stronger you are.

Loyalty is an unofficial stat. What I mean by that is it won't show up in the user profile. It's not a number that you can see. However should your loyalty decrease, you will notice it's affects across all of your stats as Karma is now directly tied to your Loyalty.

Your loyalty will decrease when you leave a nation. The result is relative to the length you have been a member on the site. For new members, the result will not be noticable. At all. For older, well established members this will affect you greatly.

Coles Notes:

• Any Loyalty lost is permanent. There is no way to increase Loyalty right now or planned.
  • Loyalty is lost when you are taken out of any "nation" user group. This includes the Mercenary user group. User groups such as the "[Nation] Leaders" are not subject to Loyalty.
  • Loyalty has a direct relation to Karma
  • The amount of Loyalty lost is a percentage of the time you have been a member on the site

As all formulae, this one is not divulged.

It is the Administration's hope that this change will make people think twice about leaving a nation.

Nation Loyalty went into affect ~30 minutes ago.

LOYALTY AFFECTS KARMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"

Last edited by fuji on Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cool feature, this one is. Thanks for the new addition admins! :P

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You said there's no way to gain loyalty right now or planned. This kind of contradicts the
"You'll get stronger the longer you stay in a nation" bit.

No difference in stats at the moment, but does this mean we're all starting at 0 and going up from there like we did with Reg Training? Or do we start at the max, and it goes down if we move?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Milan Fiori wrote:
You said there's no way to gain loyalty right now or planned. This kind of contradicts the
"You'll get stronger the longer you stay in a nation" bit.
It doesn't. You will continue to get stronger as you stay in your nation as loyalty will not affect Karma and as we all know, Karma grows. The moment you leave, loyalty kicks in and you get weaker.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I assume I still don't understand, because it's going on 4 am, and I'm on painkillers. Basically, what you're saying now. As long as you stay in the nation you're in, karma will continue to go up, and you'll get stronger. But as soon as you leave, loyalty will penalize your karma in some way, which causes you to get weaker overall?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now I'm saying you should get some rest ;)

Loyalty has a direct relation to Karma.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How will this effect any future player nations assuming more will eventually come about?

I should ask knowing the answer because it's bound to come up.

This isn't retroactive correct? I'd assume not though because I doubt there has ever been a record kept on something at one point trivial. But I guess it's possible.

Also does this only effect dueling stats?

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It will affect all future nations as far as I know. Unless you hear otherwise from the big man.

This is not retroactive. Impossible or ... too much work than I would want to do.

This only affects Karma.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You will see how this effects new nations when the times comes about for new nations...DUN DUN DUN!

This is most certainly not retroactive.

This effects the user stats, which directly effect all other stats (regiment stats).

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to make sure that I understand this rule correctly.

Assume the following scenario:
Member A has 100 STR now
Member A then leaves his nation
Member A got hit by loyalty penalty and down to 70 STR (just example, not saying it's 30% cut)

Now because you said that loyalty loss is permanent, and there is no way to gain loyalty point right now, would that Member A be stuck at 50 STR as their maximum STR for the time being? (Until Member A can properly gain more STR that is)

I have a few more questions:
1. Would multiple nation-change result in multiple loyalty loss too? (e.g.: Member A's natural 100 STR becoming 70 then 50 then 35, etc)
2. Would loyalty penalty affect stat-growth?
3. Would loyalty penalty also apply to NPCs (especially Protectorate NPCs)?

Thanks in advance for answers.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Huh..This is a pretty interesting development. I'm glad to see it too. I think I'd heard of people nation hoping a lot in the past. Hopefully this will curb, or even end the action altogether (This coming from a guy in his 3rd nation ;D).

I'm pretty Curious about Tek's question too. I remember back when Kolook was formed immigration was, for a time, free. So for free passes and such to new nations, assuming such an event ever occurs, will the penalty still take effect?

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Again, this does not affect individual stats directly. It directly affects Karma. That's it. What Karma does is anyones guess... I still don't know... but it's in there a lot of places.

Quote:
I have a few more questions:
1. Would multiple nation-change result in multiple loyalty loss too? (e.g.: Member A's natural 100 STR becoming 70 then 50 then 35, etc)
2. Would loyalty penalty affect stat-growth?
3. Would loyalty penalty also apply to NPCs (especially Protectorate NPCs)?

Yes. Loyalty is reduced (at a percentage) and if you continue to change nations, you will continue to lose Loyalty.
2. No
3. We will worry about that when the time comes.

Loyalty affects Karma

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well with the noob questions out I must say this was a pretty good idea and actually gives me hope for the future as it's a long term thing that'll become great after I've off SA with my Cheese Grader of Omega Impending Doom in three years.

It's a feature that's really made me think about my last two years posting here and how different and still great this place might be in another two years.

If anyone's interested I'll give them a job working on the first prototype of the CGoOID.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It sounds like it's basically "Don't leave your nation or you'll lose Karma." I'd imagine a 30 KAR penalty is easy enough for an admin to do since KAR is such an odd stat anyway.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I get it, so basically if you leave your nation you will lose some KAR (which is used as a multiplier for the other stats I assume).

If you stay in a nation the only benefit you get is that your KAR stays as normal, when you leave you lose a % of your total KAR score which would obviously be greater for older members than younger members. The only way you can gain KAR is to wait for it to grow so the effect can be classed as permanent.

I also assume that when a person joins a new nation their KAR will be recorded so that if they chose to leave in the future they would only lose a % of the KAR/Loyalty gained in that nation?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: