Suikoden Uncanny and Illegal Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Feature: Loyalty!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

fuji wrote:
I am currently debating whether mercs will be subject to this. I had planned to let all mercs join their first nation for free. We shall see.

Patience grasshopper ^^

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So, in short, it's a stat that helps you if you stay in your nation and hurts you if you decide to leave. Think of it as if it is a bonus for having longevity in your current usergroups. Is this about right?

If you leave and come back to your same nation does your loyalty replenish, faster it at all?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron wrote:
So, in short, it's a stat that helps you if you stay in your nation and hurts you if you decide to leave. Think of it as if it is a bonus for having longevity in your current usergroups. Is this about right?

If you leave and come back to your same nation does your loyalty replenish, faster it at all?

From what I understand, the only time it comes into play is if you leave your nation. That results in your Karma dropping permanently--and since Karma is tied to your overall stats, your stats will drop. So, you won't get any bonuses for being "extra loyal," or returning to your nation. In fact, if you leave your new nation and join your old one, your Karma would drop once again.

Its merely a penalty--like getting a 15 yarder for a personal foul or something.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's also really only something to worry about if all you really care about are your stats. I see also see it as an effective answer against potential "nation hoppers" who tend to jump nations within short time spans.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Phew, when I read the topic title, I was worried that suddenly a new rule was being put into place to penalize me and me alone for my possibly disloyal thoughts I may or may not have for some NPC females :P Good to see it only actually would affect me were I to leave Highland!

~Uguu!~
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are times I feel my nation would fall apart without me there to kick them in the ass or produce shock collars to keep people on the straight path but, in the end, loyalty to a subforum means nothing to me if you're not having fun. But you should really give those NPC females a good chance, Sailor Sexy, because you know that hell hath no fury... nah, not gonna go there.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, I have produced some questions on the situation. Do NPCs suffer from loyalty loss? For example, some banned members and stuff are sometimes turned into NPCs(for example, RandomGuy into Glenn Cott), so if that banned member were turned into a strong NPC and was given to another nation, is there loyalty loss? And what if a new nation is uncovered and/or a member is asked to become the leader, would this member also lose loyalty when going to his or her new nation?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!

Last edited by Angelus on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This has already been answered. They aid they'll decide when they come to those issues.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In regards to the Mercenary thing, I would think becoming a Mercenary shouldn't get you penalized (since, like earlier stated, it is an integral part of the system), and if you go back to your original nation from being a mercenary, it shouldn't get you penalized (unless someone flipflops back and forth), but if that mercenary jumps, say from Falena, to Merc, and then to Tinto, then they should get the Loyalty penalty. Just my thoughts, though.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's loyalty to a nation. If they leave that nation to become a merc it's not exactly showing loyalty. Regardless if mercs are integral to the system, the factor here is loyalty. If you want to become a merc or move nations, you must be prepared for this.

It's not a punishment per se and we're not trying to sway people away from moving (far from it really as we all like people to be in a nation they're happy with). This is to stop people:

* Moving nations purposefully to upset the balance of things
* Jumping between nations without paying their way
* People going merc for a phase or two just for the hell of it

If people want to move because they're unhappy then the last thing they care about is stats.

There may well be special circumstances where people aren't penalised but that would likely (if at all) be on a case-by-case. This is also why NPCs havn't been decided upon as the controllers can't move them from nation to nation for any of the above reasons and NPCs moving would be for plot or protectorate reasons.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Agahnim

Endurvakning

932410 Potch
200 Soldiers
36 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you leave a nation and come back, would it be more difficult to regain their loyalty? It seems that could be realistic, but would probably require more or too much effort.

"The strong manly ones in life are those who understand the meaning of the word patience."
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, it's all the same.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If your karma gets cut back to less than 100, do you default back to a human again?

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

intersting. I joined a new nation a while ago wonder how this effects it

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: