Suikoden Unique and Illegal Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Feature: Loyalty!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It sounds more like, if you leave a nation, you lose a set amount each time. No matter how long you're in the nation for. I assume that's to stop people from say joining a nation, and then immediately changing their mind and joining another or going back to their original one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably not, since your shifting two times shows that you are more of an all around disloyalist, rather than just disloyal to your original nation!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Fu Su Lu

Hungry Drunken TigerMen

569802 Potch
3084 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its clear. Its some sort of punishment (more than a stat) so people will think about before leaving one nation and another once and again.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

From what I read I think it is a set percentage each time you leave too, however it would be silly to lose say 10% of your KAR score if you leave a nation after 2 days - not really a true reflection of 'loyalty' there.

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is not based on how long you've been in a nation. You will be penalized the full amount regardless of how long you've been in your current nation. TruePerception had it accurate.

I am currently debating whether mercs will be subject to this. I had planned to let all mercs join their first nation for free. We shall see.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So basically, if you leave a nation you are penalized by losing a certain amount of Karma.

So the way i am understanding this rule is that it cuts a stat (KAR) that can be gained back by just not moving nation again, it just stunts your growth.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's an example:

Two people each have 100 karma, then one of them leaves his nation. Upon leaving his karma gets cut by 20% (just an example) down to 80, which would as a result have an effect on his other stats. Over time (assuming he didn't continually swap nations) his karma would reach 100 again, but by that time the other person who hadn't left his nation would have something like 120 karma and be stronger as a result.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't like the idea of being effected by this when I'm not in a nation, but should I choose to join a nation down the line get penalized for doing the very thing that this feature is trying to encourage. If the point of it is to keep people in their nations, and Mercenaries aren't in a nation, doesn't it make sense to leave them out, and should they choose to join one, not be punished for that? Afterwards obviously they're no longer a Merc so it would apply normally.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^ You were in a nation before, right? So technically you should already be penalized?

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We were all in a nation before, so I don't see how that applies. I didn't even post in mine when I joined.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then your loyalty should be in the negative, mister! :P

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
^ You were in a nation before, right? So technically you should already be penalized?

This feature was only established hours ago.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh. That also discourages people becoming Mercs. Which, really isn't all together fair either. As Mercs are an integral part of the game. So not penalizing someone for going Merc once, but you might want to have a requirement for Mercs returning to a nation. Like they have to be a Merc for at least 3 phases before they're able to go to a nation without penalty. And only the first time for that too.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is not retroactive so he would obviously not be penalized.

And let's try not to clog up this topic with useless banter. It gets very annoying when looking for a question and/or answer when you have to wade through this crap.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It really shouldnt apply to mercenaries. They are only loyal to themselves, in theory, so it isnt really a sign of disloyalty to join another nation. The way I see it anyway is that someone who leaves their nation numerous times would not be as trusted by their soldiers (like Lu Bu from ROTK), and this is represented by the fact that KAR will invariably effect LDR.

Leaving to become a mercenary, though, is just as much a sign of disloyalty as anything else.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: