Suikoden Utopian and Informational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Most Brutal character awards!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Most Brutal character awards! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So I was thinking last night that there are some characters in RPGs (and games in general) that ... were they real would seriously destroy people with their attacks. This thread is to honor them.

Okay so for a start I'll quantify what I mean. By BRUTAL I mean an attack that there would be no walking away from, but completely disregarding the pretty numbers on the screen and focusing just on the animation and appearance of the attack. What I want to find is attacks that you really FEEL connecting and revel in the power.

Examples of non-brutal:
- Any FF after probably FF8. You watch the way the characters attack and its waaay too fluid... what are they hitting... air? Totally pansy and doesn't count.
- Any energy attacks. I know dragon ball started it and we've all seen the effects in anime and games, but a big soft ball of light hitting you is not brutal, its aesthetically pleasing and that's about it.

Examples of Brutal:
- Dylan (Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria)
Okay for a start the guy is massive, but he is by far the most brutal character in the game because of (mainly) one attack - Absolute Strike. His sword is a massive slab of rock, and he swing its downwards so hard that it hits the ground and kicks up dust. Every time he does it I'm thinking DAMN that thing's never getting up.
- Hugo/Zangief's supercombo throw (Street Fighter)
These guys are massive and the end of their supercombo they jump up off the top of the screen with you in a bear-hug, then fall BAM right down on top. Seriously you'd never get up from something like that.

Sooo - share some more brutal characters/attacks with me, there are too many 'fluid' FF characters these days - attacks are supposed to look like they hurt. Lets celebrate that.

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Anything Mario does. He crushes people's skulls by jumping on them or bashing them with an oversized mallet. And then he catches them on fire. Hell, one time he reduced Bowser to bones by scorching the poor bastard.

I dunno, there's just not something right about the way he kills stuff. Blunt weapons are an awful thing to be killed by... and Mario is the master of the blunt weapon. I'm a-scared of plumbers now.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find it strange how Mario is a plumber yet we never see him with a plunger.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kratos from God of War. The series tries to have kills be as violent as possible. Kratos smash heads with open doors until brains come out, or smash in a person's head with a hammer, or drive a boat bast trhough a hydra's skull, or rip off harpie's wings, drive knives through minotaur's gapings mouths and other incredibly violent means of killing.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
I find it strange how Mario is a plumber yet we never see him with a plunger.

He only uses that for disposing of the bodies.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For brutal I can't think of anyone else more brutal than Frank West in Dead Rising. He'll slice, dice, bludgeon, disembowl, blow-up, vaporize, decapitate and do a number of other violent acts to get past the big mobs of shopping mall goers.

Windriders

544907 Potch
4066 Soldiers
620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is this suppose to be individual moves, or just characters in general?

If moves-

Red Impact- Vega- Street Fighter. His signature special, Vega proceeds to impale his opponent with his claw, throw him into the air, then impale his opponent again as he's falling. Damage aside, seriously, that's brutal.

Head bite throw- Blanka- Street Fighter. There's not too much to say, the description says it all. He jumps on an opponent and munches on their skull. There's not too much more to say about the brutality of it.

AB throw- Voldo- Soul Calibur series. Basically, the blind, mute insane guy with hand claws grabs an opponent, throws them up into the air, catches them on his claw, and spins them around. Yeah, it's a lot like Vega's, although I still find Vega's to be more brutal looking.

Crotch Shot- Sophitia- Soul Calibur series. She grabs her opponent and knees them in the crotch... If it's a guy, she apologizes for it. Yeah, she's a bitch.

Lunging throw- Zabel- Darkstalkers series. The zombie grabs an opponent, then proceeds to dry hump them while the spikes on his torso impale them. It really is a little disturbing when you look at it.

If characters-

Blanka- Street Fighter. In fact, all of his moves seem rather harsh, whether he's electrocuting you or slamming his honkin' large fist into your skull. He's easily the most brutal looking character in the game.

Naked Snake- Metal Gear Solid 3. There's something to be said for sneaking around not being seen, there's another entirely for sneaking up from behind, slitting a guards throat, then using him as a shield while you shoot another guard in the nutsack. Really, unlike his predecessors, Naked Snake has a rather large variety of ways he dispatches opponents. He can have them get stung to death by hornets, he can just immolate them, mow em down with anti-aircraft artillery, cause them to get electrocuted, and he can do a variety of other rather harsh tricks. Also, his enemies have a bad habit of blowing up after being beaten.

Rock/Astaroth- Soul Calibur series. Not surprising, seeing as they fight with giant fucking war axes/clubs. A lot of their moves just flat out make me cringe.

Really, any character in Xenogears for the fact that you can get into your giant fighting robot against almost any enemy, and when you're fighting a small enemy, you can just step on them for the win. Not really the most brutal looking with the games graphics the way it is, but being squashed like an any by a giant fighting robot isn't the way I would want to spend my last seconds alive.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to bring to light any typical attack with Atma in Final Fantasy VI. In and of itself it's nothing, but after proper leveling the slash coming down looked twice as huge as any other sword's and subsequently rather intense. Celes brings massive skullcrushing smashydeath on to all who oppose her.
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say ID of Xenogears is pretty damn brutal. Decimating people AND gears with his bare hands, then he does it again with Deus Ex Machine wtfbbq Weltall. Also, he threw a freaking battleship at someone..! A BATTLESHIP!

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can't forget Iori and his Maiden Masher, particularly against the girls! I can't imagine that would feel very pleseant! :twisted:

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Howling Voice

Destroyer of Life

9195 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sephiroth, with that Masaume blade. That HAD to hurt! Not to mention Meteor.... and the way he skewered Aeris....

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With all the hatred I spread towards Ryu (Street Fighter) I must say his Shin-shoryuken super art is pretty damn brutal.

If you don't know it, in this video you get to see it pretty well. The "slowdown" between hits is in the games too, which adds to the overall brutality. Because we all know slow motion = brutality.

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=HQJVKUGmfSc
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL yeh that shin-shoryuken, I beat my friend in 2 seconds flat using that move in SF3 - jumping in kick, hard punch, shin-shoryuken. Surprised even myself that they all connected and it was enough to perfect him lol.

While it doesn't do all that much damage, I can imagine that Ibuki's neckbreaker move would be pretty deadly as well. She slides along the ground towards them, then leaps up on their back from behind and *snap*! Actually thinking about it she must get a bit of force in the twist because it sends the opponent flying off their feat spinning in the air lol!

Course in more real terms she'd likely have a real issue trying to do something like that to a tower of muscle like Hugo.

A non-brutal but totally awesome move is Pocket Fighter Chun Li's love letter attack! This has to be one of the best attacks in any fighting game lol! Everything from the changing into a school uniform when she does it, to the way she cries if they don't get hit, to the way the opponent reads it then leaps backwards in the air with love hearts for eyes - its totally the best. Love letter KO - now that's brutal in its own way, you're telling your mate they totally got served :P

236548 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nemesis from Resident Evil 3. If you don't die from his rocket attack his virus filled tentacle will make sure you turn into a zombie AFTER he creates a large a hole in your head.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember another character/move.

You see, if you have played Godhand you would know that the main protagonist can spank women... TO DEATH.

That's truly something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: