Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Viki and Jeane: Sindar?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duke Gallison

13428 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Viki and Jeane: Sindar? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think they're related to the Sindar since their leader bears the Rune of Change, and I think both characters decently fit the theme of change, with Viki changing time / place and Jeane changing appearance in each game. Thoughts?
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We were given hints. Jeane knew how to unseal the Armes ruins, which as far as we know was sealed by the Sindar to stop the crazed spirit of the deceased King. Her living for centuries, like Simeon, means she has quite a grasp in Rune Magic. As far as we know the Sindar were/are the most knowledgeable civilization when it come to Rune Magic. There aren't many facts to go on, but all clues point to Jeane having something to do with the Sindar.

As for Viki...there's nothing to go on yet. Only a crazy world she called home and a younger version of herself. For all we know, she's just from another world.
Howling Voice

Destroyer of Life

9195 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree about Jeane. Not to mention every other suspect Sindar, like Simeon and Sarah have had light hair too. That might just be conincidence.

There was always that deal with Jeane and Koroku too, where Koroku could see her 'True Form'.

It's also known the Sindars were great sorcerors, and Jeane is definately profficent in Sorcery.

Viki I'm not to sure about though. I suspect her of holding some Rune to do with Time...

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Except for her pink hair in 5 jeane only chages her cloths. which after 10 some odd years between each game except 4 which is 100+ years i think its a good idea to change your cloths.

and talking about how other characters dont change their cloths between games can easily be explained away as saying that the majority of carry over characters are travaling warriors of some sort and dont need to be clean all the time to make their living.

Do you think anyones going to come see jeane if her and her shop smells of over 100 year old filth?
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I figured Jeane and Eresh had something to do with sindar after seeing those ruins in the big hole. But Viki maybe related to something totally different, I am just not sure what.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jeane definately has some connection to the Old Armes civilization which was in Falena before the Sindar were, which leads me to believe that she is not Sindar, nor was she ever part of it.
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Leon wrote:

As for Viki...there's nothing to go on yet. Only a crazy world she called home and a younger version of herself. For all we know, she's just from another world.

Actually we also know that she moves through the games the way the player does. I think she's the games representation of the player. The cluelessness of a new game. Not always remembering where you are giong, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
Jeane definately has some connection to the Old Armes civilization which was in Falena before the Sindar were, which leads me to believe that she is not Sindar, nor was she ever part of it.

Actually you can be sure of that. Sure, she left "something" inside the capital city of Armes. But how can we say she lived there back during the Old Armes times, or she forgot it there when the Sindar had to seal off the place to contain the King's Spirit? The fact Eresh considers jeane one of her own, and that Eresh's task was to deal with the berserk spirit that was unsealed, suggests to me that Jeane may have been there afterwards, when the Sindar settled in and fixed the desctruction brought upon the continent.
Overdose

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Jeane is here now there is a very good chance that she would have been there during Sindar's dwelling of Falena.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While being there now hardly means anything (Jeane was in the Island Nations during the Island Nations' Liberation War) Falena is the only place so far in which places and people related to Jeane have been seen. It still isn't much to go on, but at least she has some ties with the place.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's really a shame that we didn't get a peek at any other still existing nations in Suikoden IV other than the Island Nations. As far as Jeane being a sindar, it's very possible. Regardless of what anyone says I still belive she is somehow tied in with the Sindar and their True Rune (the rune of change if I'm not mistaken) wich would account for her wandering around the world. But the stupid people at Konami have to go crap on my ideas. All I know is that they better have one hell of an explanation of what Jeane is, because alot of people are going to be pissed if she's a Highlander or Vampire or some crap. As for Viki, well, I don't think she's in any way related to the Sindar and really, I don't think there's much of a mystery to her really. She blinks through time occasionally and thus has a habit of popping into random points in history. The real question: Why does Viki stick around during big wars, does that sort of thing give her a hardon or something? Whynot just say "Whoops, this isn't where I want to go" and blink out again. Hmm, well i guess there is the question of why Viki does anything, and if she actually has an objective.

I hate you Onimaru.
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden IV she even seemed to know the routine, haha. But really though, It's quite possible she may even have an objective. Konami can really play with it, since it can't be a coincidence she can just go from place to place (and even through time) yet she HAS to stay at your castle/base of operations when she meets the tenkai. Or of course, she's a convinient game mechanic and they just use her as they please. I rather they give her some story significance like they Finally did Jeane in V.
Overdose

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You say that she jumps through time could she not just be immortal? I mean I remember it being mentioned about her having a "true form". I remember that Eresh looked like a little kid but it was written that she had magical experience beyond her appearance, also something about the robes she wore.

Perhaps whatever Jeane is can just maintain the same form for decades or even centuries.

FOREVER X!!!
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I talked about Viki when I said she could jump through time. And it is obvious Jeane uses the same technique Simone uses. What that may be is unknown though. Eresh on the other hand, seems to be able to reincarnate, or perhaps change forms.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Leon wrote:
Eresh on the other hand, seems to be able to reincarnate, or perhaps change forms.
What makes you say that? I recall nothing that even remotely suggested that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: