Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Downsizing
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Downsizing Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Due to some realistic assessments of staffing capabilities and most importantly, my own ability to manage staff, I decided to downsize some of the current NPC things going on. Because of this the Western Continent will be largely axed from the map. I understand that some nations have already invested quite a lot of time and effort into the Western Continent, but they'll be compensated in one way or another.

This is a pretty painful decision, but looking towards the future, it's pretty obvious to me I won't be able to direct everything that's going on. This isn't the type of stuff that can be resolved by adding staff either, because it's primarily due to my capacity becoming inundated with other stuff, and I have to still be able to give direction to each person running these NPCs.

So, the map will change following this phase. Just letting you all know in advance.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's a shame considering the amount of effort put into it by both the admins and the nations involved there.

Will this change be effective immediately or will this Phase play out?

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Effective immediately.
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't worry man, I won't let anyone know that the Aronian mob strong-armed you into this.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I take solace in the fact that the administration is attempting to keep things going by cutting back on their workload. That in itself shows a commitment to the game.

I do have one question though. Does the downsizing pertain to the Western Continent only or will there be changes made across the Suikoden world (Katana, Nordeland, the potential Nagarean Theocracy, etc.)? Or is that something we can't know?

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He only said the Western Continent, so I think that is all.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had a feeling that adding the Western Continent would be a handful. I support your decision.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I swear I posted here... What is it with my posts not taking affect anymore! Or is someone going around secretly deleting my posts? Hrm.. this is a conundrum!

Anyways, the Western Continent was the most logical to get rid of, as it's the least invested story wise. And it contained 3 or 4 nations worth of NPC's.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, this gives us time to focus on what we already have. So it's not all bad.

Good decision though...better to make sure you're ready, rather than half-ass it.

^Actual quote!
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, well, whatever you need to do, Vex. Definitely better not to overextend yourself... maybe someday the Western Continent will return.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A bit of a disappointment for the Grassies, but we support your decision, Vex. I hop Caerulia's okay. ^^;

kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

aww, to bad you dont have friends who'd run them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

kuwaizair wrote:

You mean you aren't his friend?

Personally i'm glad to see some scaling back of the use of NPCs, but it kinda sucks you don't have the time to see all of the stuff you've planned come into being.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

AA wrote:
kuwaizair wrote:

You mean you aren't his friend?

Personally i'm glad to see some scaling back of the use of NPCs, but it kinda sucks you don't have the time to see all of the stuff you've planned come into being.

I'm like. one of those stupid lazy internet friend things.
every site I've been made a nation leader of kind of died. So, putting me in charge of an NPC nation will spell doom for everyone.
besides I have "work to do" In Harmonia. Like collect dust and spew nonsence in nonsence posts. :)
(i just thought sence mr.admindood had some buddies that got turned into admins for the site, one of those things would happen again, but I guess the gamemaster does what he does)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While this is sad for some, pretty much most people understand why you're doing this.

I'm fine with it, but I think all you need to do is come up with a compensation to the affected nations that should be as good as what was taken away from them.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: