Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Konami pre-TGS conference
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

^Wow, no...

I really (after the disappointment of Suikoden V), need a suikoden story, one that will revisit older areas in new time periods, like the whole thing man, I neeeed Suikoden VI...

Such a disappointment that TGS probably will not announce a full fledged sequel.

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Disappointment with SV's story? I thought everyone was more or less happy about it (I definitely belong to the "more" camp)... What was wrong with it?

Last edited by Djungelurban on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Djungelurban wrote:
Disappointment with SV story? I thought everyone was more or less happy about it (I definitely belong to the "more" camp)... What was wrong with it?

Well this isn't a Suikoden V discussion thread, I just was disappointed in the story and the long-dragged out boring portions, as well as the shallow characters, and the grandiose introduction of a nation hardly ever mentioned throughout the overall series... and a spit on harmonia, the basic superpower of the Suikoden world, giving Falena the earliest history, making it nearly twice the size, etc.

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

With the exception of IV, every game is set somewhere that is more or less close to Harmonia, so it's easier to know about a nation that's closer to you. If there was a game that was set in Nagarea, New Armes or anywhere near before Suikoden V, there would've been more information on Falena and it wouldn't be a, as you say, spit on Harmonia because "they have to be the biggest and strongest nation".

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
With the exception of IV, every game is set somewhere that is more or less close to Harmonia, so it's easier to know about a nation that's closer to you. If there was a game that was set in Nagarea, New Armes or anywhere near before Suikoden V, there would've been more information on Falena and it wouldn't be a, as you say, spit on Harmonia because "they have to be the biggest and strongest nation".

and here trots in the SV fanboy.

Back on topic, let's hope for the entire series' sake they dont dwell near the absolute mistake (Falena), and go somewhere on the mainland, ya know where Harmonia is, the oldest most powerful nation and basically what all suikodens should at least heavily reference. ;)

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm sorry that I liked an installment that you didn't enjoy but just as you call me a SV fanboy, I can call you a troll.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Andarc wrote:
Djungelurban wrote:
Disappointment with SV story? I thought everyone was more or less happy about it (I definitely belong to the "more" camp)... What was wrong with it?

Well this isn't a Suikoden V discussion thread, I just was disappointed in the story and the long-dragged out boring portions, as well as the shallow characters, and the grandiose introduction of a nation hardly ever mentioned throughout the overall series... and a spit on harmonia, the basic superpower of the Suikoden world, giving Falena the earliest history, making it nearly twice the size, etc.

So you are mad because they made fun of your favorite country. Boo-hoo. Falena was always said to have Sindar Roots. They were in a different continent, hardly aware of any of the happenings on the Countries to the North. The farthest country the Nations in the Old Armes continent have relations with is Scarlet Moon.

And for a Superpower, harmonia sure have suffered several political and territorial losses like Scarlet Moon's independence, Highland's defeat and annexion to the Dunan Republic, and Grassland's fierce defense of two Harmonian invasions.

By the time of Suikoden 3, Harmonia is indeed losing the coesive undeniable power it once possesed.

I was happy I got to learn about not just one country, but 2 countries, along with their roots, and mentions of it's neighbors.
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Leon wrote:
Andarc wrote:
Djungelurban wrote:

So you are mad because they made fun of your favorite country. Boo-hoo. Falena was always said to have Sindar Roots. They were in a different continent, hardly aware of any of the happenings on the Countries to the North. The farthest country the Nations in the Old Armes continent have relations with is Scarlet Moon.

And for a Superpower, harmonia sure have suffered several political and territorial losses like Scarlet Moon's independence, Highland's defeat and annexion to the Dunan Republic, and Grassland's fierce defense of two Harmonian invasions.

By the time of Suikoden 3, Harmonia is indeed losing the coesive undeniable power it once possesed.

I was happy I got to learn about not just one country, but 2 countries, along with their roots, and mentions of it's neighbors.

Harmonia by the time of Suikoden III is still not only vastly stronger than any nation neighboring it, but could probably overpower Falena, but they still insist upon giving Falena basically a whole game, yet leaving Harmonia, still pretentiously unexplained. They need to work their way back up, and for now basically forget Falena, Armes, and Nagarea.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Since the "pre-TGS" announcement has passed and this thread has run off-topic, there is no longer a need for it to be open. If you want to talk about Suikoden, do it in the appropriate Suikoden forum and discuss it nicely or via PM.

Closed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: