Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Karma Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Konami pre-TGS conference
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami's quote there is music to my ears, on the other hand.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is possible that the Suikoden mobil game that they are talking about is related to the upcoming Suikoden VI. Konami seems to like to sit on their Suikoden information until they are near completion, or least until they have a wide variety of media/character art to show. More than likely they have reached a point in their development that they could being "marketing" so-to-speak in preperation for a mobil game, just in the same way that any media type project is in the works producers will have t-shirts, toys, 'etc made up. That's just my opinion on it though, I could be wrong, was there any information released on the Mobile game?

I hate you Onimaru.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It might as well be the Suikoden VI game itself. SquareEnix switched medium for their Dragon Quest series, so why won't Konami?
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Changing to mobile is a bit different from changing to a different video game console. If it was the DS instead then that'd be believable since they could still make a decent quality game, but mobiles are for crappy time wasters or at best, something akin to FFVII: BC. Plus a mobile game doesn't exactly inspire confidence for an English release.

EDIT: What about this http://www.konami.jp/mobile/d53/comic_genso5.html
My Japanese is non existent but it seems to be a Suikoden V comic released to mobile.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawk Thanatos wrote:
EDIT: What about this http://www.konami.jp/mobile/d53/comic_genso5.html
My Japanese is non existent but it seems to be a Suikoden V comic released to mobile.

Wow, it would be great to get to read that.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Everyone go out and buy 30 copies of Suikoden V so the Suikoden sales skyrocket! That way we can trick Konami into thinking that it's a GIANT success in America, c'mon, we can do it! Then they'll release all of the suikoden V goodies outside of Japan. AND, if they're still boarderline about Suikoden VI it will be insentive to continue the series.

I hate you Onimaru.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well you never know.....there are still two more days of the show to go......we might hear something by the end of the show.......*cough*wishfull thinking*cough*
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
Everyone go out and buy 30 copies of Suikoden V so the Suikoden sales skyrocket! That way we can trick Konami into thinking that it's a GIANT success in America, c'mon, we can do it! Then they'll release all of the suikoden V goodies outside of Japan. AND, if they're still boarderline about Suikoden VI it will be insentive to continue the series.

You have gone insane sir.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:

I think if they can make a stupid mobile phone game, then they can also do a SUikoden sequel.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:

If you're paying, sure thing! ;)

The Hidden Foxes

221997 Potch
26 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:

I'm having a hard enough time even finding a NEW copy of Suikoden V anywhere, let alone a used one. Also, I'm poor. :)
Duke Gallison

13428 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A bummer the new Suikoden will be for the cellphone, but I would be interested in learning story details if it's original...
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Duke Gallison wrote:
A bummer the new Suikoden will be for the cellphone, but I would be interested in learning story details if it's original...

Like I said above, it just seems to be this at the moment. Though I could be wrong and Konami may have another Suikoden product planned for mobiles.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If Suikoden VI is indeed not announced at TGS, what's the next chance or event they would announce it?

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a bit disappointed that Konami didn't take the chance of jumping on the DQ8 bandwagon, shifting the series to DS. A Suikoden with 2D graphics of SII quality would be heaven and developers' funding could focus on a good screenplay/writing (what makes or breaks a Suikoden game, as SIV easily demonstrates).

P.S. PSP would be fine too, I guess.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: