Suikoden United and Informational Kosher Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Konami pre-TGS conference
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gremio

147007 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:22 am    Post subject: Konami pre-TGS conference Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://kotaku.com/gaming/tgs07/liveblogging-the-konami-pre+tgs-press-co nference-301269.php

Let's hope for some suikorelated announcement.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wasn't that nice and boring. Like a hundred Metal Gear games, a lot of "healthy fad" "games", a throng of (for us unplayable) mobile games, crappy rhythm stuff and all of Konami's favorite recycled sports franchises. On a scale from 1-10 I rate this dull...

And well, no Suikoden so yeah... Who cares...
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There was a brief Suikoden mention on 1UP's coverage of the event, I'm definitely inclined not to take it as fact though:
Quote:
Variations on popular Konami franchises like Rumble Roses, Air Force Delta, Tokimeki Memorial, Suikoden and Silent Hill will all see mobile iterations in the near future.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162940
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not a mobile game I hope...
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably just a remake or "gaiden" type game, nobody in their right minds would transfer a console game to be a mobile exclusive.

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am reiterating this from the gaming forum TGS thread

Suikoden VI may be on hold or (HOPEFULLY) Kawano has nothing to do with VI.

Quote:
10:59 -- Should begin soon. There's a booklet here with details of Konami's new DS adventure game Time Hollow, created by Suikoden's Junko Kawano and TV/movie/novel writer Takehiko Hata.

For those who don't know or remember, Kawano was the character designer, script writer, and character creator for Suikoden IV. Considering how awful that game is when it comes to all of those things, especially compared to past Suikoden's, let's hope another IV does not happen. But since Kawano has been slated to work with VI (supposedly) we can only hope it turns out all right.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There has been an announcement from nttdocomo (mobile phone provider) about a "Suikoden" bring shown at TGS. That'd be a mobile game, and possibly just a port of Suikoden 1.
skymansxeno

30626 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm...it's looking like perhaps we won't get anything new suikoden this TGS after all. Bummer. :(

And mobile phone? I won't be getting that. And you're probably right about it being SI.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, at the very least this shows that Konami still aspires to make money off the Suikoden brand. That in itself is good news.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aaaand all of this makes me very nervous none-the-less. I am not anti-mobile per se, but I have yet to encounter a mobile game that was actually worth playing. T_T
Maybe Konami is just sitting on their hand for a while. I mean, would they necessarily reveal all the titles they're going to have in the pre-report?

As far as the music games are concerned, I was really hoping for another Karaoke Revolution, but it looks like I am doomed to disappointment yet again...

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zonder wrote:
Well, at the very least this shows that Konami still aspires to make money off the Suikoden brand. That in itself is good news.

It can be, but Konami's faith in the brand may lessen if the mobile game falls flat on it's face.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only mentioning of Suikoden on IGN's coverage was crediting the series to Junko Kawano, when discussing her new game.

I'm very suprised they didn't announce it, myself. The timing seemed right. I hope we won't have to wait until next year's TGS...

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm doubting we'll see anything new for Suikoden at this TGS. But as disappointed as I might be, I can't say I'm surprised. Suikoden V was, IIRC, in development before IV, and we didn't hear about IV until over a year after III came out (and we all know how rushed IV seemed). If we want a quality game after V, I'd say we shouldn't expect to see it being released until early '09 at least. I'm just hoping they don't pull another SuikoV and not tell us about VI until a few months before its release. Then again, I guess it's better than knowing about the game and still waiting several years like what happened with FFXII.

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh stop, you haters. Suikoden IV was better than Suikoden III and V. It's also great to hear of Kawano's new game, it seems Time Hollow might have something in common with her Shadow of Destiny, which was a fantastic story-driven game.

However, this is very disappointing for Suikoden. Just an uncertain mobile game, and Kawano might not be making Suikoden VI (unless she's making it at the same time as Time Hollow). By the way, where does the "information" that Suikoden V was in development before IV come from? It sounds completely false.

Konami is being really stupid in not developing a Suikoden game for DS, PSP or Wii and cutting down on the development time.
Djungelurban

145425 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sami wrote:
Suikoden IV was better than Suikoden III and V.
I'm just gonna pretend I didn't read that... :P
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: