Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

RIP Robert Jordan - Writer of Wheel of Time
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks like a writer has already been chosen to write and finish the final book in the series. Fantasy writer Brandon Sanderson has been offered the job and he has accepted it. Sanderson is quite a new writer in the fantasy scene. His work so far includes the his debut and well-received novel, Elantris and his current books being the Mistborn series. I've not read any of his novels, but from researching the name I see that he's gained quite a loyal following and also received much accolades. Most new fantasy writers usually take awhile to gain acceptance, but Sanderson seem to have succeeded quite well with his novels.

Now, the question is whether Sanderson will begin work right away on A Memory of Light or will he take some time to go through all the books already published for the WoT series and all of Jordan's notes, recordings and rough drafts of the final book before starting. I hope he does the latter and fully immerses himself in all that is WoT to make sure he gets everything right.

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am with you, Tullaryx. Brandon Sanderson should have a much better knowledge on the world of the Wheel of Time before jumping to A Memory of Light.

But i'll take a read of his books, when i get the time.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've just finished the first couple chapters of the first book in the Mistborn series. The Final Empire doesn't have the WoT sound to it but Sanderson looks to be a very good writer who is very adept in describing the environment and what's going on in the scene. Anyone who has followed the WoT series would know full well how Jordan always seems to over-describe everything in the scene.

Sanderson's style is also describe in some detail in his Wiki entry.

Brandon Sanderson Wiki Entry
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: