Suikoden Ugly and Irrational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Good Characters in Suikoden II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandy the Small

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I can't remember what my final party usually consisted of, but if I would consider using the following characters...

Riou by default and choice of course!

Camus-highly underatted, he is an exceptional fighter but his magic ability seems to be overlooked by many

Luc- a rune powerhouse

Mazus- a rune powerhouse

Viktor- takes hits well and is a very powerful attacker

Flik- perfect all around, has great magic capabilty and powerful attack and defense

Why? Because this lineup gives you a lot of power when you don't want to use runes, you would put Victor, Camus, and Flik up front where they would do immense damage and Riou would attack from the back row and do likewise. Mazus and Luc aren't needed at this point. But when it comes time for bosses, you would have 5/6 members of your party doing maxed out spells which would make you party almost invincibe. And 4/6 would still make powerful melee attackers. You would put Mazus and Luc in the back so they would avoid most of the non MP damage and your powerful 4 would be able to hold their own.

Other Candidates:

George Prime or Pesmerga- good for their awesome power and high HP, all you have to do is give them attack enhancing runes, max out their weapon strength, and give them something that will reduce MP damage

Kahn- Good magic, attack, and defense

Sierra- Good magic

Others: many other good folks but these are my fav.
Sarah

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tir McDohl is an adept fighter and magic user. His combo attack with Riou is very effective.

Nanami is one of the best. She is strong, agile, and a good magic user.

Camus's physical attack is very good, and if you give him a Rage Rune, you can make good use of his magic.

Mazus is a very powerful magician, and can be given the strongest magic runes.

Humphrey and Futch, if you get them early in the game, using the 'Push-the-Gate trick', will be very strong by the end. (Especially Humphrey, since he's naturally strong.)

Lo Wen is good and can hold a Water Rune, but she is too slow.

Sierra and Killey are competent. Both their attack and magic are good.

Stallion is really useful. Along with the fact that he never fails to escape from battle, he is a very quick and skilled long-range fighter and can be given a Water Rune (although his magic is not that powerful) to make an even better use of his abilities.

Georg, Viktor and Pesmerga are very strong, but very slow.

Miklotov and Wakaba's physical attack is great.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It might just have been me, but in my game Millie did not get that good of magic (she only got 1 or 2 points a level up) so I just swapped her for someone else (forget who). I also used Nina because of her ability to use Rage Rune (one of my favorite runes in S1 and S2) and her ability with the Blue Gate Rune. I also could use Yoshino pretty well (despite somewhat of a lack of magic) with her water rune. I however thought Rina was a better healer then Yoshino, but I use at least 1 different character each time I play the game....

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Odessa++

11000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tir..Flik and Pesmerga

oh and i thought i'd do something special and get Tuta's stats up
it cost alot and it was time consuming..... and in the end.. a waste of time

poor lil guy will just have to stick to medicine :? haha
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have quite a lot that I think are good so I'll just list them.

- Pesmerga - Rather strong, not a great magic user, slow... to me he's like a remake of Viktor, somehow.Pesmerga's physical stats make up for the bad points

- Flik - pretty good in both combat and magic, exceptional stats and weapon attack level.

- Viktor - Strong, a little bit slow. and not that much of a magic user, but his physical stats make up for that.

- Tir Mcdohl - great stats, great magic user, and he has a effective unite attack with the main character.

- Genshu - his stats are average, his rune looks cool, and he gets a critical hit for me around 85% of the time.

- Shin - His trength isn't what it hoped for it but his weapon attack level makes up for that. same with genshu basically, another cool rune. Shin gets a critical hit for me around 70% of the time.

- Humphrey - His physical strength and defence are great, but he is no magic user.

- Mazus - I think he's the best magic user in the game. but his physical stats aren't too good, compared to most others.

Well that seems to be all I can think of at the moment, well ,they are all in my opinion so i guess anyone who wants to say i'm wrong at some point please do. :wink:
Kuromimi

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Too many people listing Pesmerga and Georg. >< I had better keep my mouth shut about this or else I'll pay for it.
Some of the most useful characters in my opinion, besides Riou:

Ayda: Long ranged fighter, two free rune slots, free weapon slot, all armor slots free, decent rune affinities, attack-all unite attack with Kinnison/Stallion, high speed increases chances of multiple attacks per turn, high luck increases chances of landing a critical blow.

Chaco: Three free rune slots, free weapon slot, all armor slots free, unite attack with Sid (another great character), high magic defense nice for those end game bosses, high luck increases chances of landing a critical blow, able to equip Wing Ornament and Gold Necklace (great defensive accessories).

Flik: Two free rune slots, free weapon slot, all armor slots free, decent rune affinities and high magic to back it up, unite attack with several characters, high strength and high technique to back it up, able to equip Master Garb and a shield for extra defense.

Luc: Three free rune slots, free weapon slot, most armor slots free, excellent rune affinities and very high magic to back it up, attack-all unite attack with Futch and Sasuke, high speed allows him to cast healing spells immediately, high magic defense nice for those end game bosses.

McDohl: Two free rune slots and access to the Soul Eater, free weapon slot, all armor slots free, good rune affinities and high magic to back it up, attack-all unite attack with Riou, high strength, technique, defense, magic defense and luck allows him to fill practically any role in a party, able to equip the Master Garb, access to one of the strongest weapon types.

Sid: Three free rune slots, free weapon slot, all armor slots free, decent rune affinities, unite attack with Chaco (another great character), able to equip Wing Ornament and Gold Necklace (great defensive accessories).

Edit: Remove Killey and Rina after carefully reading the original message.
Concerning characters we've made powerful: I managed to make Gengen into a powerhouse, I suppose.

Level 76
Equipment: Flame Helmet, Master Garb, Earth Shield, Power Ring, Speed Ring and Gold Necklace
Rune: Double-Beat
Weapon: Level 16 / Rune: Kindness

Stats:
HP 630, MP 9/6/3/2
STR 202, TEC 179, MAG 163, SPD 178, DEF 163, MDF 149, LUC 222
Overall Attack: 479, Overall Defense: 313
The stone trick was used to increase his stats. I assure you that these are the highest possible values for his level; assuming each stat increased by the highest amount from level 1 to 76. Kindness Rune trick was not used, so he is receiving the highest possible boost from that rune; which is apparently 127.
Kira Yamato

Dragon Army

7000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually put a Blue Gate rune on Riou.

My character choices:

Eilie: She's well balanced all around. She can get a lot of critical hits and can be a decent magician

Miklotov: I always power him up full. I got his weapon powered up to full and gave him some fire emblems

Georg Prime: Asskicker. Need I say more

Kinnison: Best archer in my opinion. He's got good status and power. His technique can get quite high as well.

Clive: This guy's just friggin awesome. One of my favorite long range characters. He's got insanely high technique and decent speed.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

On Georg and Pesmerga... I have used them both a while, but they're both poor man's Viktors. Viktors crit damage cannot be matched by either of these guys and therefore they've never stayed in my lineup.

Valeria - As my name suggests I'm in love with her Falcon Rune and the possible critical on it. I equip her with double-strike since her evade/counter and defense are already very high. She is very fast in S2. Exertion on weapon.

Bob - There's just something so cool about his werewolf transformation, he becomes a powerhouse and I generally have a double-strike on him aswell since Riou's Battle Oath gives berzerk anyway. His normal damage ( not transformed ) is already better than McDohl and that's not bad. He loves to multi-hit.

Genshu - This guy has really really high attack, only falling short and seemingly weak because he gets no free rune slots and by the time you get him you'll have a lot better setups going around. I give him the Dream Robe since it sorta counts as having a second rune.

Futch - If you get him at the start ( Matilda glitch ) he becomes an early killey. Give him double-beat and fury when you get him ( on his free 2 slots ) and he does a LOT of damage. He gets replaced by killey later on but for the early stages he is good with a high attack weapon.

Tir McDohl - Better stats than Riou in everything except SPD and TEC, 3 top level spells and the Soul Eater rune. His PATK is also good and the combo with Riou makes him a vital part of your party.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
Genshu - This guy has really really high attack, only falling short and seemingly weak because he gets no free rune slots and by the time you get him you'll have a lot better setups going around. I give him the Dream Robe since it sorta counts as having a second rune.

I don't think Genshu is strong at all. His attack is actually not high (mediocre maximum of 187 STR at level 99), and no free rune slots means that he isn't customizable for the runes (which means that you'd have to rely on equipments to boost his stats). If you say that Georg and Pesmerga aren't in your party because they are poor man's Viktor, Genshu should be considered as poor man's Georg/Pesmerga (both have higher ATK, and 1 open rune slot).

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm yes I see your point there.

I guess I loved Genshu for his looks and tried to make him good to justify why he was in my party so often XD

Well ok Genshu isn't great, his rune is only semi useful at the best of times and i seem to remember he didn't hold berserk for long either. I'll withdraw him for now :P

Army of the Six Wise Men

110280 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I said this in another thread in the Suikoden discussion thread but I will say it again here: Oulan. She has a rune that deals 2x damage to a single enemy that can used once per battle, and it also makes it so that when she becomes beserk she will stay that way for the rest of the battle. On top of that she has another free rune slot, unlike Pesmerga or Georg. Her attack is better than Georg's and pretty close to Pesmerga's (give or take due to the random amount of gain in a stat per level), and she had just as good defense as both and has much higher magic defense than Georg and around the same as Pesmerga's. So what makes her better than Pesmerga? The fact that she has a free rune slot and her rune with the permanent beserk effect. She can dish out some pretty nice damage and take it as well.

Guardian of the Great Forest

Battle wounds and scars is how I show my pain
My palms covered in the blood of those I've slain
Yet I still keep comin back all the same...
?Guile?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like my friends know, I am addicted to archers in Suikoden, Rubi, Kinnison and Jacques, but particularly Kinnison.

He is my man guy in Suikoden 2, I do not know why but I give him the best equipment, he never leaves my team and his runes are Double-Beat and Fury and I don't know but whenever I'm in trouble he comes up with those two arrows and kills everything on his path. My final team in Suikoden 2 is Riou, Viktor, Pesmerga, Kahn, Kinnison and Flik, and well nothin gets in their way.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

miklotov, with the wind armor, double beat rune *sometimes, he'll hit four times in one turn* and two wing boots to help with the speed issue; he takes less damage than most when hit *usually, he's my last man standing* and deals some high damage, especially when he gets the random four hits per round.

also, he'll take a hit for a critically injured member; pretty handy if you manage to get a heal in after that hit.

shiro is also impressive when equipped with the double beat; he will also do four hits per round on occasion, although not as frequently as miklotov.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wiseman wrote:
Her attack is better than Georg's and pretty close to Pesmerga's (give or take due to the random amount of gain in a stat per level),

Actually Georg's ATK would most likely be higher than Oulan because she maxes at 202 STR, while both Georg and Pesmerga could max at 255. Oulan's WPN would max at 135, while both Georg and Pesmerga's would max at 160. So we're looking at 78 ATK difference from the raw stats. The advantage for Oulan is that she has free-equipments while Pesmerga has many locked equipments. But even so, I doubt that she'd be able to catch up to the 78 ATK difference on Pesmerga, and especially not on Georg (who also has many free equipments).

Wiseman wrote:
The fact that she has a free rune slot and her rune with the permanent beserk effect.

While Oulan has one free rune slot indeed, the Angry Dragon Rune doesn't have anything to do with permanent berserk status effect at all.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I usually use a party consisting of either;

Riou - Bright Shield & Blue Gate, best armour/weapon.
Viktor - Killer & Fury, best armour/weapon.
Filk - Thunder & Rage, best armour/weapon.
Tir McDohl - Soul Eater & Mother Earth, best armour/weapon.
Nanami - Cyclone & Flowing, best armour/weapon.
Killey - Double Strike & Fury, best armour/weapon.
Sheena - Double Strike & Fury, best armour/weapon.

I would use others characters aswell the the crowd above are the main characters that i use. I also use the Resurrection and Darkness Runes, they are quite effective. Also, when Killey and Sheena are on level 99 with level 16 weapons, best armour and the Double Strike and Fury Runes attached you will never lose!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: