Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace (for the Wii)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace (for the Wii) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This will be the first title in the series to make it to the Wii and I must say I haven't been this excited for a Harvest Moon game since the N64 version. All the other titles that I've played were always lacking compared to that one. Recently though, Natsume has really been churning out more and more titles, most interesting of them being Harvest Moon: Rune Factory. That one ventures slightly off from the traditional gameplay, and so far most of the changes have been pretty neat! This new title goes back to the old formula though, with a lot of new nifty additions.

The game, also being called HM: Tree of Tranquility (which I think is a better title), was released in Japan two months ago according to ign.com. The few reviews that I have seen have been overall great. It looks to be a real contender amongst the other Wii titles. Tree of Peace is slated for a European release on December of this year. It won’t hit US shores until January of next year. ;_; The basic plot of the game revolves around your character trying to bring a great tree back to life after it has dried up.

The game will of course make good use of the wiimote, allowing you to swing it when using your hoe, tilt it when using the water can, your fishing rod, and for taking care of animals. The d-pad will be used draw up and cycle your tools inventory. Here are a few videos I found on youtube.

Japanese Trailer. In this trailer you obviously get to see the two main characters. Yes, I think the days of being able to play only as a boy are long gone. So far, the character design looks a bit more like the older versions. The in-game characters have been slightly improved as well. I wasn't very fond of the big-headed midgets we saw in A Wonderful Life. It appears we'll also be seeing more animals. Aside from your typical livestock (cow, chicken, sheep) you can catch a glimpse of wilder animals like weasels, bears, ostriches, ducks, and even monkeys! I couldn't find info on weather you'll be able to keep these animals or not but we can always hope! :P Horse races are obviously going to make a comeback and we'll no doubt have new festival games (rock-skipping contest!!).

This second video gives a bit more insight on the actual town and its citizens! Right off the bat, the town looks quite large and a lot more detailed. The old guy with the blue coat looks like the mayor--- apparently he’s showing you around town. Then you meet a snooty, Persona-looking character that will more than likely end up being one of your rivals (if you play as a boy) or possible lovers (if you play as a girl). Then you meet a scantily clad blonde at the store. She’ll no doubt be a popular choice with the guys when it comes time to choosing a girl to marry! ;) There’s a ship and a captain! Maybe we’ll get to travel somewhere! The game does take place on an island after all!

This last video is just more gameplay. Is that a goat I see? Neat! First thing I noticed while watching this was the music. I’m not really sure if they just added that on in the background but it sounds very familiar to the N64 music which makes me feel all nostalgic. *weep* The first song sounds like they changed it around a bit so maybe they’re using tracks from the older games but updating them a bit? The rest is more gameplay on the farm.

A few neat additions that I found on wiki were the ability to change your clothing! You’ll be able to buy new threads at a tailor shop later in the game! For those of you into interior design, you’ll have more options to customize your house with chairs, couches, TVs etc. Multiplayer games will also be available for up to 4 players! Like I mentioned, you’ll be able to find yourself a wife or a husband and have a kid! When the kid (boy or girl!!) gets older he’ll be able to help you around the farm! Your rivals and your potential spouses will also be able to marry and have kids of their own.

To quote Karen:

“KYYAAAAAA!!!”

Has anyone else heard anything about this game?

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hadn't heard anything about this up until now! Thanks for the update Darko. I never had a wii so I never paid attention to it's games. My mother just went and bought herself one though, so I'lll have to borrow it for a bit to play this!

And yes, Rune factory is awesome, I started a thread on it, go check!

I'll check out those videos when I'm in town and not on my crappy dialup. I'm a sucker for harvest moon games, I'll have to try. Though I haven't played much other than DS titles as of late. Especially the gir version they brought out for the GBA awhile ago, I suppose I played that last, then I just picked up Rune Factory. I'll look into giving this one a try though.

-My DeviantArt-
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

Harvest moon! Waah! Waah! However since it's in Wii I'm pretty much screwed

*walks off sulking

Last edited by ferrouslupusrex on Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've heard that there was a Harvest Moon coming out for the Wii but I didn't try looking up any more info other than that thinking that the release date for the US will probably be aways off.

Thanks for the info though.

This is definitely on my to-get list :o

edit:
Darko wrote:
Yes, I think the days of being able to play only as a boy are long gone.
Actually it was like that for Magical Melody =p

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, becoming a little hyped about Harvest Moon for the Wii. I couldn't imagine how they are going to implement chopping wood, and watering things with the controller. Man I really need a deeper pocket book.

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

May be my 5th game for the Wii! After Wii Sports (obviously), Zelda, Metroid Pride 3 and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Elzie wrote:
I'll check out those videos when I'm in town and not on my crappy dialup. I'm a sucker for harvest moon games, I'll have to try. Though I haven't played much other than DS titles as of late. Especially the gir version they brought out for the GBA awhile ago, I suppose I played that last, then I just picked up Rune Factory. I'll look into giving this one a try though.

Yep, this one looks like a real winner. They’re calling it the biggest and deepest Harvest Moon title to date! I’m really glad they’re going back to the old formula but if it fares well on the Wii, other titles that veer slightly off from the traditional gameplay (like Rune Factory) might get a console version as well!

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
Harvest moon! Waah! Waah! However since it's in Wii I'm pretty much screwed

That’s exactly what I thought when I heard about it. It really bummed me out, but now I just want to start saving money to get a Wii by the time this game comes out. It won’t be out until December/January, like I mentioned, and it might even get delayed until the second quarter of 2008, which is fine by me. Gives me more time to raise funds! ^_^;;

Nadistu wrote:
Actually it was like that for Magical Melody =p

Oh, I was talking more about the newer titles, like this one for the Wii and the new DS title I read about coming out in 2008. At least that's what they should do instead of releasing a boy version, and the girl version later.

Masaya wrote:
Yeah, becoming a little hyped about Harvest Moon for the Wii. I couldn't imagine how they are going to implement chopping wood, and watering things with the controller.

For chopping wood I’m guessing you’ll have to make quick downward motions, as if you really were chopping wood. As for watering your plants, you’ll just tilt the emote forward a bit. Pretty neat, huh? :mrgreen:

I found this really cool link just now. It shows all the possible marriage candidates. The guys are under “Bachelors” and the girls are under “Rivals”. There’s also more info on clothing, motherhood, and other townsfolk. I didn’t click on most of these because I’m trying to stay as far away from spoilerish material as possible. But for those of you who don’t mind, here you go!

I'm really psyched for this game and I'm hoping that gamers who have never really been into the Harvest Moon series, will give this one a chance. =)

Elzamine

Verse of Vitality

1798792 Potch
500 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like when they at least make it available to play as a girl. I'm playing Rune Factory right now, and I'm annoyed that I have to be a boy.. and that there are no rivals to speak of. Tut.

I was hoping this game would deal with the mineral town crew, but it seems not. Hopefully these new characters are fun. I won't deny that I like Mineral Town to play as a girl, because I get to marry Cliff, oh well!

This should be interesting to say the least. :)

-My DeviantArt-
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just thought I'd mention (since it doesn't seem like it was mentioned before)

That this game (as of right now) is slated to be coming out July 14th, 2008 assuming it won't be delayed

Also, since Darko kind of vaguely mentioned it in his post....
The next Harvest Moon game for the DS, Harvest Moon: Island of Happiness, is set to come out July 29th, 2008
Again, assuming that it's release date isn't pushed back...again.
(yeah...."again" ...originally it was suppossed to come out June 12-ish or something)

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Haha, wow, in my initial post it was slated for a January release. Seems like it got pushed back quite a bit since then! XD

Let me know if any of you get to play it. I still don't have a Wii. ;_;

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

>_____< HRM.....it (Tree of Tranquility) got pushed back again to a release date of July 29th [the last I check]

Which I SOOO Don't think will be the last of the 'push-backs' as Natsume is notorious for them especially in terms of it's Harvest Moon games....(I mean...look how many times it's been pushed back already!)

And a dual release of Tree of Tranquility and Island of Happiness on the SAME DAY?
PUH-LEASE.........I so doubt that will happen

Speaking of Island of Happiness....I saw poster/ad thingy of it in Gamestop yesterday (woot! They bothered to make a poster/ad thingy of it! IT'S PROGRESS!)

Anyway....I be planning to pick up Tree of Tranquility when it comes out eventually =P
I haven't reserved it yet but probably eventually I will.....was...kinda waiting to see if it had a bonus or something...*shrug*
(I did already reserve Island of Happiness like 2 months ago though =p )

Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bonus you say?

From ranchstory.co.uk

Quote:
According to Amazon.com (and I'm sure soon ebgames and whatnot, but amazon.com has free shipping!), if you pre-order Tree of Tranquility and Island of Happiness, you'll receive an animal plushie! A nice addition to your collection along with the kitty from the pre-ordering of Harvest Moon DS Cute, and the sheep from the pre-ordering of Magical Melody. Bundled with Tree of Tranquility is a cow plushie (some of you may remember it from the AWL bundle), and a chicken bundled with Island of Happiness. Aren't they cute?:

Edit - In case many of you didn't know there will be a Harvest Moon DS Lite travel kit coming out a few weeks before Island of Happiness and Tree of Tranquility. The case will feature the characters from Island of Happiness, and comes with a Stylus, a DS Lite case, a Skin, game cases, as well as a new strap.

I'm not the most careful person when it comes to plushies (R.I.P Every Plushie I Have Ever Owned) but I'm sure this is an exciting gift for collectors!

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ohhh sweet~....=D I missed the AWL cow but otherwise I have the rest (the Sheep plush, Dog plush, and cat plush). So...woot! Another chance to get the cow!
.....gah.....but Gamestop.com doesn't mention it yet....I'm probably gonna have to do another
*walks in the first day to pick up game* "SO.........there's suppossed to be a bonus with this I heard??!! *glares at the cashier very hard until he goes to the back to look for it/check*

Like I had to do for the cat plush
...sigh

Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

CRY IN PAIN AGAIN!

For it looks like both games have been pushed back once again......This time to August 26th

You know what....at this point all my hope is pretty much gone for either game coming out before summer is over :cry:

Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Harvest Moon: Tree of Peace (for the Wii) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darko wrote:
Then you meet a snooty, Persona-looking character that will more than likely end up being one of your rivals (if you play as a boy) or possible lovers (if you play as a girl). Then you meet a scantily clad blonde at the store. She’ll no doubt be a popular choice with the guys when it comes time to choosing a girl to marry! ;)

Here's a statement sure to get everyone up in arms but I'm going to say it anyway. I hope they finally remove the heterosexual restriction on the game. In the PSX version I tried giving my feather to a boy I had a crush on (when I was a boy of course) and he was like "I think you mean to give that to someone else" or something like that. Boo! If they have both a boy and girl in the same game now they wouldn't have to do any extra programming to have a marriage proposal for the boys go through. That's what I say anyway. Let's hope they bring Harvest Moon into the 21st century!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: