Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tokyo Game Show 2007
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Tokyo Game Show 2007 Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Microsoft just had their Pre-TGS press conference. This press conference seem to be much more well done and with a more impressive line-up for the rest of the year and for early 2008. The games announced seems real heavy on rpg titles. This is no surprise since the lack of rpgs on the original Xbox kept the system from selling in Japan. Then I don't think it's even lack of rpgs that keeps the 360 from selling in Japan, but that's a whole different set of cultural and sociological reasons that could be discussed elsewhere.

Square-Enix, Tri-Ace and Microsoft are all partnering to develop and publish an original rpg IP for the 360 titles Infinite Discovery. They also showed the multi-platform rpg The Last Remnant.

Outside of rpgs there's a nice collection of upcoming XBLA games to be made available by year's end. One a trippy, classic PS2 title and another a classic Dreamcast shooter. The biggest announcement during the whole conference is that it won't be Tecmo who will be publishing the latest game from Team Ninja. No, Microsoft has inked a deal to publish Team Ninja's true sequel to one of the best games in the previous generation. Ninja Gaiden 2 will have a 2008 release.

Titles Shown

Ninja Gaiden 2 - to be published by Microsoft which means no ported Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma for the PS3.

Lost Odyssey - is 95% done and will see a 12/6/2007 release in Japan with a February 2008 release in the North America and possibly Europe.

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation - a title which got a very nice clap all-around from the press and guest. Once again it's being said that the game will be a 360-exclusive despite the continuing rumors that it won't be.

Infinite Discovery - to be developed by Tri-Ace (Star Ocean 3, Valkyrie Profile) and jointly published by Microsoft and Square-Enix. The fact Microsoft is going to be one of the publishing partners makes me think this rpg will be exclusive.

Rez - This psychedelic shooter from the early days of the PS2 will be released on Xbox Live Arcade.

Ikaruga - The same for this Dreamcast and GameCube classic shooter.

Microsoft's Tokyo Game Show Press Release

Link should have all the other games mentioned.

Last edited by Tullaryx on Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yawn. The only thing interesting learned is that Infinite Undiscovery wants to be Majora's Mask.

Moving on to the real show. Need to find out if the Skies of Arcadia 2 rumor is true.
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like what Tri-Ace has been doing with games lately-- very enjoyable. So I'm looking forward to this Infinite Discover game that is being made. It's nice to see that Lost Odyssey is near completion. I need to pick up either Blue Dragon or Eternal Sonata this weekend-- I'm getting very behind with 360 games. I just have no time right now to play them. :(

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IKARUGAAAAAA!

You haunt me...

Is it a remake or a new game?
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're just porting over the original DC and GC version. Though I'm assuming they're retooling it to be all HD-fabulous and stuff. Ikaruga is one of the three GameCube games I bought and still own.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thats a bit boring, but still, at least it'll look amazing on the 360, I don't have my older copies anymore.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At least with the 360 HD port and it being on Live I can now try impressing other players of my awesomeness and how I'm quite the bizomb on this game with my high scores. :)

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can we just make this the official TGS thread or something?

Skies of Arcadia 2 rumor please be true.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Can we just make this the official TGS thread or something?

Skies of Arcadia 2 rumor please be true.

I think that's doable. What about Skies of Arcadia 2?

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In an interview some time back with one of the guys from Sega's Overworks studio, which made Skies of Arcadia, one of the guys mentioned that Skies of Arcadia 2 was in development. This was some time ago though, so until there's some credible announcement on it, I'm not gonna get my hopes up. I'd love to see it, since Skies of Arcadia was one of the best RPGs of all time, but no sense holding my breath.

~Uguu!~
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Microsoft is finally getting it and putting a lot of good games on XBLA. There's another game coming to XBLA called Omega 5.

- Ryu Ga Gotoku 3 (Yakuza) announced for ps3. I would really like Yakuza 2, Sega of America!

- Eternal Sonata ps3 announced

- Katamari ps3 announced

- Fucking BANGAI-O FOR DS

Ninja Gaiden 2 looks like SEX.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, it should make PS3 owners happy that Namco Bandai will be porting over both Eternal Sonata and Beautiful Katamari. I think PS3 people will be more excited about the news on Beautiful Katamari than Eternal Sonata.

Ninja Gaiden 2 teaser

It looks like Microsoft may have a new tactic to use to garner more AAA-level exclusive titles not already owned by the publishers. By contracting Team Ninja to develop Ninja Gaiden 2 and putting up financial capital to publish it they instantly turned a third-party title into a first-party title.

I am really digging the addition of the scythe as part of Ryu's weapon choices. A couple of other weapons the screenies have shown have been the Wolverine-type claws and bladed boots. I do hope that they put up the press conference live demo footage up on Xbox Live sometime during TGS next week.

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kyaaaaa!!!!!!! PS3 Katamari Damacy!! *dies*

So far that's the only thing I've really gotten excited about...>_>
I was so afraid that they had scrapped it!

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ninja Gaiden 2's teaser sucks. Someone give us gameplay footage. BOOOO.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Himuro wrote:
Ninja Gaiden 2's teaser sucks. Someone give us gameplay footage. BOOOO.

I agree. Also, I hate that sycthe he has, ninjas would never use that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: