Suikoden Uncouth and Irrational Knowledge Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

UFC
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:59 am    Post subject: UFC Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know there is a post for Wrestling, but this is a post more about other forms of fighting that are out there. I am sitting here watching the last episode of The Ultimate Fighter on TV, which in itself is history making. I just witnessed one of the greatest fights that I have ever seen.

The first fight was over relatively quickly with the more powerful man coming out on top. The second fight however was 15 minutes of non-stop punching, kicking and out and out war that I have seen in a long time. Early in the second round one guys nose was cut open, yet he finished the rest of the 15 minutes and brought home a win.

There is still a fight that hasn't been fought, and Ken Shamrock who is far one of the most nasty fighters in UFC history is in it.

Please post your thoughts and feelings on the UFC and other prestigios types of fighting out there, such as your favorite style of fighting and all time favorite fighter. My favorite style would have to be Jeet-Kun-Do with Bruce Lee as my alltime favorite fighter. In my opinion he is the best fighter to have ever lived.

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dang I missed it!!! I wanted to watch the end of the UFC contract thing(the actual name escapes me) on Spike. Ive been watchin it and it was quite entertaining. Yeah I really like the UFC and think that its about time. I remember when Ken Shamrock made a stint as a wrestler on WCW, I think. Good times. Its really fun to watch though and I predict that it will become popular similarly to pro. wrestling when it really blew up. It so all inclusive in its action, cause theres wrestling and submission and boxing and old fashioned street fighting(when that one guy elbowed that guy in the face and won the match cause he made him bleed too much! classic) and its so much fun to watch.

Favorite fighting style would have to be.... since i fight so often with it.... Crazy Monkey style. Theres really no extremely noteworthy fighters of this style that come tomind but if anybodies seen that movie with Jean Cluade Van Dame and the guy with the crazy big pecs and the fighting tournement and the awful overdubbing(if you dont know now you wont know it), you know the fighter that Im talking about. The one that scuttled around and then pounced and killed his opponents. He may not have been able to beat Bruce Lee but he would have made Bruce go "huh?". Its far too late so I may go to bed now.

Final thoughts: Go Monkey style and crazy UFC goodness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well im a big fan of UFC,but unfortunately in my country the TV is still very primitive compared to America(i'm talking about the channels by the way...)and its really difficult to watch any fight.So i gotta download crappy quality fights or just buy DVD's.But it's not the same.

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Update on the final match between Shamrock and Rich Franklin. Shamrock got beat pretty fast by getting knocked out. It's too bad really, because Shamrock is one of my alltime favorite UFC fighters.

Match results

Middleweghts-Diego Sanches over Kenny Florian
Light Heavywieghts-Forrest Griffith over Stephan Bonner
Main Event-Rich Franklin over Ken Shamrock

It was a truly great night for UFC and mixed martial arts in general.

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lord Dredd I have to agree with you that Bruce Lee is the best fighter that ever lived. As for fighting style I don't know all that much about it. All I know is I use the fighting style I like which is fist fighting with no rules really. I guess you could call it street fighting.
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is my preferred style of fighting as well, where there are no rules and anything goes. The only rule that I follow is no guns, because any chump can shoot someone and kill them. It takes a true man to be willing to take a licking whilw at the same time trying to lay the law down on someone. Other than that one rule I am more than willing to use anything I can to win. All of my friends in high school that took martial arts classes would not spar with me because of that.

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I follow the no guns thing as well. Though I have never gotten myself into a situation where I had to worry about that. I have had a couple of encounters with knives but I've found that people who pull knives don't really know how to fight. I got some nasty cuts but I've never been "stabbed" I tell you though that is a scary expierience.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't seen too much UFC myself, but I've been a fan of Ken Shamrock ever since he was in WWF back in the late 90s. I was going to watch the show on Spike but, like others, I completely forgot about it. Tank Abbott was in WCW for a while, but they made him into a joke by putting him with 3 Count. It was good for comedic value, but I don't think it did much to help his career.

Regarding my favourite style of fighting, I can only speak of the styles I've seen in wrestling as I'm not too familiar with the UFC styles, nor the different names, but I really enjoy the technical/submission wrestling. A match I would really like to see would be Ken Shamrock vs. Kurt Angle, I'm sure those two could put on a grreat show.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's too bad you missed it, but Spike is putting on the encore tonight at 10:00. Like I stated earlier the first fight and the main event were not that great. The seconde fight was so good however that the UFC did a really cool thing and offerred the loser a contract as well.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: I like your subject Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that the ufc is a awsome thing on saturday there was a marathon on the ultimate fighter. I watched abou ten episodes and i thought " This stuff is the real deal". I mean the whole point onto the show is to pvove who is the best fighter.
Just for the record i like wrestling and i used to have a game with Ken Shamrock in it and his finisher is the Ankle lock, and i wonder does he really do that in the ufc.
King Razor
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The ankle lock is Ken Shamrock's favorite finisher, but he is willing to beat someone in any way whether it be by submission or knock out. I have to say that I hate all of the reality TV shows out there, but I am hoping that the Ultimate Fighter goes on because it truly is a reality show. The first couple of episodes, people got picked to leave when their team lost a challenge and their coach had to pick who left. After that it all comes down to winning a fight to saty on and leaving if you lose. To me that is true reality TV, where staying on is almost entirely in your hands and not people voting.

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm watching and recording it right now. I missed the first half an hour of it though. I hope I didn't miss the first fight, I don't think I did because the two guys their interviewing at the moment are Diego and kenny. I'll comment more later the fight is starting!
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you are just getting to watch it, you will love the second fight.

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh my god, Lord Dredd that second fight was awesome. You were not kidding that was the best fight I ever saw. I'm so glad I taped it I'm going to be watching that one again for sure. I don't know our time zones must be different because I got to see the first match as well. I missed a lot of the second match though due to posting here at the same time. Anything that follows that is going to look like childs play.

Ken Shamrock's match is just starting so I'll post on that match later. I thought it was really cool that they gave both of those two fighters a contract they both deserve it.
Daniel Blackhand

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well as I said towrds the beginning, Ken Shamrocks fight is a huge let down compared to the second fight. That is one of the worst losses I have seen him take.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 1 of 30

Jump to: