Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

UFC
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glen

Drunking soldiers are us!!

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw it on another site about him quiting the UFC. It shock me that this happen and they could not sign Fedor to a contract and fight Randy.

I think it would have been a great fight but its not going to ever happen now. Ithink who would have one that match would have been proven the number one guy in MMA. This is a sad day in the fans lives that this fight will not happen at all.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I know people have been hyping up MMA organizations like UFC being better than the boxing organizations in terms of being better for its fighters and setting up matches that people want to see. I think this mindset will change as MMA and the UFC gets more popular and begins to being in more money. I'm surprised that Couture wasn't even the highest paid fighter under contract. If White and the UFC heads don't change how certain things work in regards to compensation and contracts the UFC will end up becoming as corrupt as the so-called corrupt boxing organizations MMA fans ridicule the boxing world for.

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am shock that he was so worried about how much money he makes.

I guess when he came out of retirement he just took what they gave him to fight Tim for the belt and never wine about it then.

He could have at lease he could have quit in the ring after he had a match or come on tv and done it and not by a letter to dana saying he quit.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, as fans sure you would say that but then it's not the fans who are putting their body and health on the line every time they get into the ring. From the sound of things the money factor has been a major thing for Couture for some time now and when he finally got a semblance of proof that he has been getting jobbed by White and the owners of the UFC why should he get into the ring one last time to make them money.

I wouldn't be surprised if Couture waits a year or so and signs with the same group that has Fedor under contract. If he's really serious about trying to see if he can match-up with Fedor then that's something he will have to do. I'm sure White and the UFC will try and find some sort of legal way to block that from occuring.

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Then i guess he fights just for money and not care about the fans that watch or just fighting for the love of the MMA fighting.

Thats life i guess and i will just get over that he will not fight again till he gets the money he wants and the match he wants too.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually, if I was a fan I'd be angry that he has been shafted by White and the owners. Couture has pretty much given the UFC his all and I don't think he's complained much compared to the other fighters in the group. I think fans should be backing him up instead of saying he's being greedy. Plus, you seem to forget that he's 44 and he still fights for less than most mid-level pro boxers fight for. If any, of any pro athlete he has the right to say he needs more money for fights to make sure his family is taken care of. I'm still surprised that Couture wasn't being paid a million per fight. His PPV matches always sell out.

As for his love of MMA, I think the fact he's willing to leave UFC and vacate the title instead of just staying and fighting scrubs say he does love the sport. He wants to fight the one person he thinks will be giving him the challenge. Fans who always complain that pro athletes are just in it for the money should remember that is what "pro athletes" mean. They get paid for their services and for someone of Couture's stature in the sport he should be paid as befit his role in making the sport more popular and respectable.

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That might be true. But not telling the fans whats going on and why he is quiting for is sad. I mean hear i am waiting for his next fight and its not going to happen at all because of money and Fedor did not want to sign up to UFC to fight him.

If he going to quit should a lease let his fans know why first so they do not think he is quiting for just more money. he could have told them why i think we would have unstand why he did it then and not have to find out about it on some inter net site about it happening or am i wrong to feel this way about it?
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tim Sylia won his Brandon Vera Anderson Silva destroys Rich Franklin in two rounds with knees to the head and a couple of punches too.

Brock Lesnar signs with the UFC.

Sounds like Tim Sylia next fight will before the Title but not sure who will he will be fighting in that match yet.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

guess rich franklin can't beat anderson silva :\

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

He said he train real hard to get ready for the fight and said that the fight would not end the same way it did last time they fought each other.

Guess he was wrong about that. Time to a GSP and chance his fighting styleup abit then see it he can beat him or not.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

he was half right, least it didn't end in the first round.

glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only because the time ran out Silva knock him down with a good right to the head at the end of the round he had to help to his corner by his corner guys that how bad he got hit by him.

Just saw that Rich Franklin had to have more surgery on his nose after the fight sucks to be him right now.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

just read that din thomas got arrested for holding an illegal cage fight.

Quote:
Din Thomas, well-known in the Ultimate Fighting Championship world, was arrested Tuesday after police say he ran “illegal cage fighting” matches at a local training studio that he runs.

Thomas, 31, faces a felony prohibited competitions charge after police got a tip Oct. 19 about the matches at a facility he uses in St. Lucie West.

Inside, they observed two men fighting in an octagon-shaped ring surrounded by about 150 spectators. The fights reportedly weren't sanctioned.

glen

6390 Potch
428 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man thats going to piss Dana White off. He trying to make the sport legit and he has one of his fighters do this to the mma sport.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ya is surprising since din is a great mma fighter and is respected fighter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 27 of 30

Jump to: