Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Indian Larry

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Indian Larry Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indian Larry, a great bike builder and stunt man, died last August while performing one of his signature stunts where he stands up on the seat of his bike and rides it. This was a great loss to the biker community. I was reminded of this loss while watching the discovery channel a few days back.

I really thought his work and some of his ideas on life were unique and I really appriciated them. Even though he had a rough life he managed to turn it around and became an icon to many people I really liked his "Rat Fink" chopper, it had a lot of unique features to it and it was really a work of art. On top of that it was a tribute to his mentor, Ed Roth or "Big Daddy" which made it that much more important.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone else was into the biker scene and what they thought about this loss and about his work?
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, to tell you the truth MIB, I'm not a fanatic about bikes. I like them though and when I found out about his death, I took a few minutes of silence to honor him. He was one of the best there was and I was sad to hear he died. It ain't much, but at least he died doing something he enjoyed...

Yeah, he did make some pretty sweet bikes. I thought that Discovery should have done a show on him instead of O.C. They, in my opinion, could never hold a candle to Indian Larry. He definitely had a better artistic talent than most people who build bikes.

Hopefully, future generations will remember him and his words.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: