Suikoden United and Inspirational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best Boss in I & II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Boss
Luca Blight
73%
 73%  [ 46 ]
Neclord
12%
 12%  [ 8 ]
Barbarosa (Golden Hydra)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Zodiac Sword
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Beast Rune (Silver Wolf)
4%
 4%  [ 3 ]
Lucia
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Sonya
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Seed and Culgan
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 63

Swedish Ninja Pirate

7156 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wanted to be unique so I voted for Luca Blight =)
Actually, I didnt think everyone would vote for him. I just think it fun kicking his ass. A hard, but not too hard, boss who is pretty darn evil.

Second choice would be Neclord but he was tho easy. Can finish him off in one turn. He got great music though.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

A poll is unnecessary. Luca is, and will be forever, THE boss battle.

Also, I agree with Kobold... The finishing blow done by a kid with Tonfas? Give me a break. That's one of the many reasons to hate Riou. Actually, a stick can be much more poweful, so Teo's death wasn't so bad. And Tir is cool...

First point, YES.

Second point, NO.

Like Marsh said, Tonfa can **** someone up. Besides, it was even more badass, cause Riou was avenging his Unicorn friends.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd go with Culgan and Seed as the best boss. Not because I like them (in fact, I don't) or something, but I think they have the perfect realistic story of loyal Generals of Highland.

They realized that Luca Blight was doing more damage than good to Highland. They had the guts to conspire with and pledge loyalty to Jowy (who was practically a new guy) to take down Luca Blight. They defended the nation up to the very end and died to protect what they believed in.

Lucia is a close second to me because her mind was so set in stone that it was all Jowston's fault (because of what the Alec Wisemail guy did) that his father died and that Jowston people should pay for it. But she was weak and not strong enough to do so. Then in the end, her mind was open enough to see that Jowston/Greenhill might change in the hands of Riou/Teresa. It takes guts IMO to be able to admit that one is wrong and willing to give another chance to someone like that.

EDIT: Not sure about this, but Gorudo might also be considered as a boss.
TheStrategist

Sentinel 8

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

#1))) The Luca Blight fight....He was so strong..If your 18 characters that were fighting werent leveled up, they would have been destroyed...However there were two characters that Luca didn't hit ( i cant remember which one, but i think it was the bottom left and the bottom right)...I still listen to the battle music (THe Chase) of the fight, it's so awesome!! I thought that the game was going to end, but then i realized that Jowy had taken over the Kindom of Highland...

#2))))I actually liked the fight against Gorudo becaue he shot Nanami..I was so surprised that she was struck by the arrows. When Jowy got pissed, the music blasted to the song (Iron Fist of Anger)...I was so mad at Gorudo, I unleashed everything on him....He wasn't hard or anything, but i loved how Jowy decided to kill Gorudo for his evil antics.....I loved how that event flowed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Kobold

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

By the way, i beseech the wonderous(optional) SARSadmin to edit the poll and change Culigan to Culgan... <_< It's annoying...

And well, even though the two characters at the back corner can't be hit, they will be able to once Mr Blight kills the two guys in front of them...
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca Blight. For the same reasons that everyone else has already said. He's the perfect villain. I was going to say Neclord, but then again, I sort of despise him so...no.

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would have to pick Luca Blight of course. Who else can take on a whole army and almost win. Lets face it if Jowy and Leon had not interviened then the Hero's army would have been decimated.

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Luca hands down..... it might seem sick and wrong to say this but as far a evil gose I doubt he'll ever be equaled. If you think about it, Luca is to comparisan to Hitler. He managed to kill people by the hundreds in vary little time. He was able to kill his own father (with the help of Jowy) and come up with the plan to slaughter the unicorn brigade to start an uproar. He also would have killed off Genkaku's son's army if it hadn't been for men in his own army betraying him. As for the fact he died from tonfa, wouldn't you think you would die too after loseing so much blood?

~unknown~
Leo

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seed & Culgan, they just wanted to protect the king, and they were a noble fight. They fought for city-state, the didn't cry when they lost, they died in that battle, but it made you think:

"Damn... I want them as SoD."
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted Lucca for pretty much the same reasons as everyone else that voted for him.
Futch

JUST ME AND THE OTHER BIG DUDES

125356 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seed & Culgan all the way... I feel really sad after I killed them, they were noble and loyal to the spine... They had beautiful ideals and never even once gave up the fight. I personally hoped they would switch sides or something because they are way too cool to die in the name of the bloody bastards of highland...

Luca Blight was a memerizing foe. But I hated him from the second I saw his ways, but I must admit that his power was truly admirable. As he said on the verge of death "It took hundred's to kill me but I have slained by thousands mwahahahaha!"

He was truly the encarnation of evil. But I never once saw a true purpose on his actions rather than plain old vengeance and bloodthirst.
That is way too simple...
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kobold wrote:
By the way, i beseech the wonderous(optional) SARSadmin to edit the poll and change Culigan to Culgan... <_< It's annoying...

Sorry about that, I was talking with one of my friends whose we just call Culigan, thats his last name. And well they get confusing, when we play Suikoden D&D, he uses Culgan as his character, but with the name Culigan. Simple mistake.
Gaius Abruscato

Swordsmen of Morricone

2109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd have to agree with the many people who have stated before me that Luca was the best boss ever. I thought it was amazing how many times I had to fight to take him down. As an additional plus, the fact that it wasn't one party or one method of fighting done over and over again... It was multiple methods, numerous characters. The battle was both long AND interesting. I thought it was wonderful. And that's amazing for me, as I usually play RPGs for characters and story, while I tire quickly of any sort of battles and fighting.

Neclord was a good boss too, both plot-wise and difficulty-wise... but I got sick of fighting him quickly. I didn't enjoy that battle as much, so Hurray for Luca: best boss ever in my oppinion!
Njord

Island Nationeers

218645 Potch
1478 Soldiers
300 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that the best boss in any game is always the final boss, but if you want to know my opinion about the best boss other than the final boss in the Suikoden games, well the best boss is Lucia.

Let me tell you why Lucia is the best boss, she is the best boss because she is the only boss that we had to fight three times (other than Luca) and because of her unique rune attack since I never witnessed anther one like it.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as Suikoden I is concerned the best boss for me was the Golden Hydra at the end due to the fact that I didn't feel that challenged by the other bosses.

Now Suikoden II had a couple og really good bosses, but I would say that Luca leads the pack by a large margin. He was the hardest boss to beat in the first three Suikodens. Look how much effort, manpower, and time it took to take him down. Plus the sheer magnitude of his pure unadulteratred hatred and evil made him fun to beat down. You really had to think on how to build your parties so that each would survive long enough to get to the next group.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: