Suikoden United and Informational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy IV remake for the DS
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Darko

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Final Fantasy IV remake for the DS Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I searched through the Game Forum and couldn’t find anything on the remake of Final Fantasy IV for the DS so here I am making a topic on it! I ran across it over at rpgamer.com and I was really excited to see it. I originally had it when it was sold with Chrono Trigger as Final Fantasy Chronicles but my brother sold it behind my back before I could ever finish it. I know that they made a port for the Game Boy Advanced not too long ago but this one will be a complete visual overhaul--- like what they did with Final Fantasy III.

There isn’t a lot of info out there yet. Wiki says that it will be in the hands of the team that remade FFIII but the original development team will supervise the development. As for new additions, there will apparently be new cut-scenes and new events. Also, wiki goes on to say that executive producer Takashi Tokita stated that in the original, three fourths of the original script had been left out but it will be reworked into the remake! *gasp*

Here are a few cut scenes from rpgamer.com

It looks cute, huh? ^_^;; I’ve heard good things about the FFIII remake so this will certainly excite a few fans I‘m sure. I myself quite liked the game when I first played it but like I said, I never got to finish it (got up to just before the moon sequence). It being on the DS gives me even more incentive to get it and actually beat it this time. The storyline was pretty entertaining and it had a very nice cast of characters--- the dark knight Cecile, and the little twin mages, and the ninja prince?! :mrgreen:

Anyone else excited for this? What about people that have never played this game? Does the remake interest you at all?

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I've got the Chronicles edition so I'm pretty happy with that. I don't particularly like the change in graphics since it takes away from the charm the game originally had. But this looks great for people who have never played Final Fantasy IV and would like to be able to experience a part of early Final Fantasy history.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It looks great! I also have it on the Chronicles, but I wouldn't mind owning it for the DS as well. I'll have to keep my eye on it.
Ikano

Prince Geass Falenas

2324315 Potch
1337 Soldiers
3028000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've never played this in it's original form but I'm surely interested in it =O

Actually I wanted to pick up the FF3 DS remake but I didn't have a DS the time it came out and am having trouble finding it.

But yeah so I have a stronger urge to pick this up instead then if it looks interesting enough =D
And the graphics do look cute I have to admit.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy IV is one of my favorite games of the SNES era-- so I'll be picking this up for sure. It'll be nice to have an updated/remade version of the game, even if it loses a bit of its charm by having a graphical refurbishment.

I hope the script isn't changed for the worst, but at least the original team is supervising it, so I hope that will keep it from straying too far from the original.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked IV, but i felt that the technology at the time could not tell the story to its fullest. I'll be picking up this game when it comes out for sure.

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't even completed the Advanced remake yet.

I hope this doesn't lead to yet ANOTHER rehash of FF1 somehow.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm excited for this, but I'm waaaaaay more excited for the eventual Final Fantasy VI Remake.
Oppenheimer

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As others have said FFIV has a special place in my heart from the SNES days. I even bought the PS remake of it (with improved script and added moves). So this should be great. It's something I'll definitely pick up.

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The graphics for FFIII DS pissed me off - there was just something uncharismatic about it. And this doesnt look any different, but I would like to see how alot of the monsters actually were supposed to look like.

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just saw this video on YouTube off the Love Theme for Final Fantasy IV done as a music video shown on MTV Japan to help promote the game.

Ida Emi's "Tsuki no Akari - Final Fantasy IV Ai no Theme"

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They need to stop making good remakes for crappy little hand held systems. I would love to play this game, but I'm sure I wont be able to if its for the DS. Make it for a cool system. Like the Wii!

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In before the thread gets off topic.

The DS has much more staying power than the Wii. The wii doesnt have much to it besides the wiimote, and even then why remake it for that system when a handheld system can handle the graphics just fine? Plus alot more people can afford the DS than the Wii."

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, DS or Wii I have to say that video of the game's love theme was very nice. Need more music video treatments of classic rpg music.

Spell to Bind Forever

235341 Potch
0 Soldiers
5809 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If they remade it for the Wii they would have to make a huge visual overhaul which would cost way too much and not everyone likes remakes. Can you imagine the outcry that would occur if the in-game graphics were like this on the Wii. We'd never hear the end of it.

For the DS though, I think the graphics are awesome/cute! And those cutscenes look better than some of the PSX graphics! If only the DS screen were a little bigger.

Also, that song was beautiful.

RIP Gabriel J. Figueroa 1987-2007
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: