Suikoden Unique and Informational Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 17 DOIs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Perhaps three different battles would occur - Gaien vs Tinto, Tinto vs Falena, and Gaien vs Falena. Or, for more hilarious results, all three of you could forfeit.

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You all are of course forgetting the fact that this is a neutral territory as well. Which throws a possible forth party into the mix as well! Giant sea monsters, Kika and her Pirating Crew, or the Dread Pirate Useless Jim! The Great Ocean will boil red with blood and tie dye!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there are four factions involved, maybe there should be a tournament! :P
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Turns out that's also where a mercenary exploration is taking place, coincidentally. Good times.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hear the Rapture is scheduled to occur there this phase as well.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wonder if the logic of "You're here, and we're here, so let's fight" and the "We fight at the first dot that we both pass through" are really logical or not. With the new naval rule of a nation can attack any port no matter how far it is as long as it's not blocked by a certain other nation, multiple nations can pass through the same neutral dot, and that is very troublesome for the future. And we simply don't have a solution to "battle royale" situation because battles are done only by two sides.

--

Logically speaking regarding the whole Tinto, Falena, and Gaien situation, I'm more inclined to agree with Zonder. It's illogical to say that Falena would fight Tinto at Great Ocean D considering that Gaien also attacks the same naval dot, and the naval dot itself is currently neutral. Based on the DoI, it would be more logical to see Gaien vs Falena first at Great Ocean D (because both nations' DoI mentioned wanting to take over the naval dot), and then the victor deciding whether Tinto would pass through or not (because Tinto's DoI only require them to pass through the naval dot).

This case is quite similar with two nations deciding to attack the same land region of a third nation. In such case, the two nations attacking would battle it out first, then the victor will get to attack the third nation. Applying the same logic to this situation, the DoI said that Gaien and Falena wanted to take over the Great Ocean D, while Tinto are merely passing through it. Of course Tinto army will meet Falena army at Great Ocean D, but if Gaien already defeated the Falena army, then Tinto will meet Gaien army instead.

To assume Tinto vs Falena would happen at Great Ocean D without considering Gaien's involvement is very weird, especially since Gaien is the one located closest to the Great Ocean D, meaning that it would be very logical to say that they are going to be the one who arrives there first to fight whoever comes second. And since Tinto doesn't even want the naval dot, there is no reason for Tinto to fight Gaien unless Gaien doesn't allow them to pass through (which actually means that they should've fought at Great Ocean C instead). So if Tinto can safely arrive at Great Ocean D, they must've gotten permission from Gaien, which then makes it illogical to expect Gaien vs Tinto at Great Ocean D.

So this leaves us with Falena. Since it's quite obvious that Gaien has no interest in fighting Tinto for Great Ocean D, then it is logical to see Gaien vs Falena instead at Great Ocean D for a 1-Turn battle, and the victor claiming the dot to then allow Tinto to pass through or to battle Tinto instead.

---

To me, this situation is quite crucial because if Tinto is allowed to pass through, then Falena could not intercept Tinto due to their port destruction plan. The result of the battle would then determine whether the port is successfully destroyed or not.

I'm not blaming Axiose for giving the answer of battle at Great Ocean D between Tinto and Falena before because that question was asked a week or two ago, and it obviously did not take Gaien's involvement into consideration. Now that Gaien entered the scene too, then the answer might be different and the battle might not be at Great Ocean D.

But of course, it's not up to me. I just find it very strange to just say that a battle between Tinto and Falena would happen at Great Ocean D when Gaien is also attacking there.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How about everyone just wait until an admin clears it up for us?
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We are waiting for an admin to clear it up, Uji. There's nothing to disallow discussion about the topic though, and we're simply discussing about the issue there. I find that to be more interesting than the talk about a debut of zombies or something.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I'm wondering though, is why it has been broadcast in a thread in a public forum that we in Falena are destroying the Hershville port? I mean, yes, it's obvious for those who have paid attention to what we have been doing of late, but it isn't anybodies business save those who are involved with Falena either as an ally or an enemy.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
blueflame

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Aurelien. What you said is more logical in my opinion so Vex? Axiose? Whats the decision?

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eh, just give them time. They'll come up with something. They wouldn't start the Phase unless everything was ready and taken care of.

So no worries.

^Actual quote!
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Don't worry, all will become clear soon.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, give them time to draw the ideas out of a hat!

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well to be fair do you know how hard it is get get a world class referee at such short notice?

Let me tell you, it's very hard indeed. They'll need to find somehow who isn't biased against or for any of the nations involved, make sure his background checks out, and he has less than two serious criminal convictions, and then there's the drugs test. God would only curse us if they hired someone addicted to Ibuprofen.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have faith that the Admins will sort it out,i'm in no hurry though it is really interesting to have all that traffic in that one area,we'll see what they will do with it.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: