Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Phase 17 DOIs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Angelus wrote:
It forces a full phase battle at Great Ocean D between Falena and Tinto, but Gaien going for the dot as well complicates matters.

I thought we'd fight at West Falena Sea while you destroy your port actually. Did Vextor already rule that our ships meet at GOD?

In any case, a lot of intercept decisions still have to be made, which is why I suggested earlier that we wait until that is done before making the battle list, and why I made my list above simple and tentative instead of spiffy like the hawk of death.
Angelus

Queen of Falena

579729 Potch
0 Soldiers
2545847 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
Angelus wrote:
It forces a full phase battle at Great Ocean D between Falena and Tinto, but Gaien going for the dot as well complicates matters.

I thought we'd fight at West Falena Sea while you destroy your port actually. Did Vextor already rule that our ships meet at GOD?

Axiose told me they would in a PM I sent probably about a week or two ago. He said that if we don't go for Great Ocean D and we do a full-phase intercept at West Falena Sea, we can not destroy our port.

Jorge Prima wrote:
What? Our pokemon aren't obeying?

When a problem comes along YOU MUST WHIP IT!

Last edited by Angelus on Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
In any case, a lot of intercept decisions still have to be made, which is why I suggested earlier that we wait until that is done before making the battle list, and why I made my list above simple and tentative instead of spiffy like the hawk of death.

And that is why you're a wiser man than me. :D

I don't know if it forces a full phase battle, I don't see why you couldn't op for an intercept phase battle instead, if you wanted to.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hawk Thanatos wrote:
I don't know if it forces a full phase battle, I don't see why you couldn't op for a intercept phase battle instead, if you wanted to.

Of course they could, but they don't want to. Otherwise we would just sink their ship and proceed to their port, which is what they try to prevent with their whole "attacking GOD" ruse to begin with. So there will definitely be a full naval battle between Tinto and Falena off shore. I just hoped it would take place at West Falena Sea instead, meeting between our two respective targets so to speak.

And at least your list is spiffy, Hawk.

Last edited by iscalio on Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This isn't making sense to me.

Tinto will pass through it as if it is a normal naval dot, since nobody owns it yet. Falena and Gaien will have to either come to terms with who will claim the dot, or fight over the right to claim the dot. Tinto passing through doesn't affect either Falena or Gaien.

I mean, if nobody owns the dot yet, how can anyone be intercepted except by monsters and/or pirates? From there, Falena would be free to intercept or cause a full phase battle at their naval dot. That's my understanding of the rules.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falena doesn't want GOD anyway, Zonder. Their only intention is to slow down Tinto's fleet. Since we use the same route, we will meet, so they can opt to intercept us. I personally still think this battle should take place at West Falena Sea, but apparently it will take place at GOD. Now I just don't know how Gaien's involvement will be handled.

They wouldn't have been able to intercept us at the West Falena Sea normally since they are currently destroying their port at Hershville. That's why they launched the attack.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is a wierd interpretation of the rules though. I know why Falena did it, but the Fleet's purpose is to attack GOD according to the DOI. For them to "abandon" their purpose and instead decide to attack Tinto, who is simply passing through the dot, isn't making sense to me. They don't own the dot, so how can they intercept you AT the dot when they haven't even taken it yet?

I guess I just don't understand the logic behind it, but it is a gray area anyways.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Think of it like, "Our fleet is at GOD, your fleet's at GOD, let's have a fight." Doesn't really matter who controls GOD (I do! :D).
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zonder wrote:

It is a wierd interpretation of the rules though. I know why Falena did it, but the Fleet's purpose is to attack GOD according to the DOI. For them to "abandon" their purpose and instead decide to attack Tinto, who is simply passing through the dot, isn't making sense to me. They don't own the dot, so how can they intercept you AT the dot when they haven't even taken it yet?

I guess I just don't understand the logic behind it, but it is a gray area anyways.

It's also not something that hasn't happened before. If I remember correctly, a very similar scenario happened a couple phases back when Harmonia tried to attack Haagru. They launched an attck to Crystal Bay, and intercepted us for a full phase, even though our target was not Crystal Bay, effectively halting our advance and giving them time to destroy their port at Haagru. To me, this case is basically the same in all relevant aspects, so the intercept would indeed occur.
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's pretty much the same, the only difference is that Gaien is also attacking GOD, which would result in two battles at the same place, which I'm not sure has happened before.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That is if Gaien doesn't forfeit opting out of the intercept.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, heh heh, it's all so compli-ma-cated.

Even if this is cleared up by our withdrawal (if that is what we decide to do), this type of situation should be cleared up in case it happens again in the future.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Milan Fiori

Vanguard Elite

715991 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has been I think. It's basically the fleets will meet at the first naval dot that they'd commonly pass through. It makes perfect sense too really. You wouldn't exactly wave to the enemy fleet as you pass by them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You don't understand, Milan. What makes it difficult is that (assuming that Tinto and Falena fight at GOD) three nations meet at a neutral location. And there are no rules for that yet.
Admiral Ackbar

Seekers of Hawke's Hot Stuff

1008758 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What happens when three nations meet? The fabric of the SuikoX universe is torn asunder. The units from all three nations will tumble into a temporal vortex, never to be seen again.

^Actual quote!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: