Suikoden United and Illusional Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How about recording Suikogaidens' playthrough?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: How about recording Suikogaidens' playthrough? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey there guys,

I posted this request earlier today at Suikosource boards but at one point realised that it'd likely get to a wider audience on this forum.

What I'm basically on about is that I came across a full Suikoden III scene-by-scene playthrough about a week ago at youtube and wondered if anyone being in possession of the Suikogaidens could replay them, record their progress and upload the clips to any site that enables watching things online? I'm pretty sure that it'd appeal to every suikofan that hasn't played the games.

I know about the pics at Suikosource and frankly...they're probably nothing like seeing the gaidens in action.

Well then, any volunteers? ;)

Last edited by Zieg on Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The problem is for most is that it would all still be in Japanese. If you were to add sub titles to it, a lot more work would be required.
Zieg

15988 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As far as I'm concerned I'd warmly welcome any version. Not that I can speak or understand Japanese but I know the story more or less so simply seeing it on the screen would suit me just fine. Note the fact that if the quality of the clips was good, it could trigger the translation process, since some people who don't own the games but are capable of translating would have a source of reference.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Why not approach the guy on Youtube? I know there is one person (maybe the same) who has done a similar SII recording. He has also done some other recordings of games in Japanese as well.

It's a good a shot as any.

Blue Rookies

294148 Potch
4022 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think I saw a suikogaiden playthrough in suikosource.com last time I checked but I could be wrong :D

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

blueflame wrote:
I think I saw a suikogaiden playthrough in suikosource.com last time I checked but I could be wrong :D

This is true but unfortunately it skipped a lot as they had about 3 screen shots of characters in each scenes and said what each wanted in a sentence or two. It was enough to find out generally what was going on, but it wasn't in depth to the point of actually playing through it.
HarmonianHiccup

Over-Enthusiastic Archaeologists

1333002 Potch
444 Soldiers
440 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be picking both of them up next time I'm in Japan, and I'd be glad to record my play though! I'll just need someone to show me how on earth to do such a recording. >_>

Proud Owner and Operator of The Hiccup's Speciality Grassland Atelier, the only place to find Electric Whiffle Bats!
jjrrs

481481 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually did record myself playing Vol.1 many years ago, I recall waiting about 3 seconds every time I had to press the button to process so there's time to read the text, though the way I digitally recorded was weird and it would have been hard to read anyways. Doing it like that made the run time of a chapter to be well over half an hour, I recorded chapter 1 The Visitor twice and selected some different decision options, but because I didn't have a japanese memory card I couldn't save the game so I had to start over from the beginning every time and it got kind of boring so I didn't bother doing it again. I'm sure there are better ways of doing it now but I do think each chapter will have to last about 30 min so the viewers can read along or at least 20+ if the player just jam the circle button non stop.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would be absolutely awesome! *highfive*
Scar

Scar's Scourge

24083 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This would be awesome for a Nash fan like myself. I hope someone does indeed decide to follow through with putting this on Youtube.

Gawd, I love youtube! lol
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hayashi Ujitsuna wrote:
The problem is for most is that it would all still be in Japanese. If you were to add sub titles to it, a lot more work would be required.

voice acting dubbing

we can have votes, who can give the 'essence' of a character the best.
yes!!!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: