Suikoden Utopian and Irrational Kraalesque Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Josephine's Brother?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Josephine's Brother? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I must have missed it in the game but one of the bath scenes says Josephine has a brother. Who is it?
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Her real name is Yuma Valya and her brother is the Armes general Shula Valya. If you recruit him, you'll see a scene that introduces that information when you return to your headquarters with him in the group.

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Shula Valya, of course :D When you bring him back to the castle, and if you ahve her, they have a scene. You get to see her real name too.

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just out of curiosity, is this a story hitch that's completely wasted? I mean, is there a significant amount of dialog attached to this little twist? I got about 80% of the game through and then broke my PS2 and have yet to finish it so I never got to unveil that little gem (though i already knew about it). Josephine was fairly useless alltogeather, but does this addition to her personality make her someone worth not-hateing?

I hate you Onimaru.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No. Your feelings/sentiment for her would be just like what you felt with Esmeralda (Hate and Loathing! Lol). Although you'd get a few additional text from certain characters regarding this 'revealation'.
Gunloc

19976 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought it was a worthwhile scene. I personally used Josephine quite a lot and was happy to see this interesting bit of character development.

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
Just out of curiosity, is this a story hitch that's completely wasted? I mean, is there a significant amount of dialog attached to this little twist? I got about 80% of the game through and then broke my PS2 and have yet to finish it so I never got to unveil that little gem (though i already knew about it). Josephine was fairly useless alltogeather, but does this addition to her personality make her someone worth not-hateing?
Except for Milich Oppenheimer I've never been a fan of any of the Narcissist (even though hes not on the chichin star like the rest)
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was actually pretty fond of Josephine, parasol and all. Granted, I didn't use her much outside the early stages of recruiting, but still. :)
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought that she would have had more to do. Like actually changing your costume.
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It has been such a long while since we have had the last female narcissist, so I was greatly pleased by Josephine's debut. I tend to ignore the male ones (Milich and Augustine's redeeming qualities in battle aside), but this one saw much more use in my first run through Suikoden V. I have always wanted to meet a fighting female narcissist since the old days of Esmeralda, believe it or not.

The revelation of her relationship with the girl-lookalike Shula Valya made it even better. A cleverly inserted development for both of their characters, if you'd call it that.
Scrooge McDuck

The Flying Duckmen

885377 Potch
161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally am very eager to see Josephine without the makeup and hairdo, in a New Armes traditional costume. It is a shame that does not happen during the course of the game.

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:
I personally am very eager to see Josephine without the makeup and hairdo, in a New Armes traditional costume. It is a shame that does not happen during the course of the game.

I doubt she even dressed normally back in her homeland either. Perhaps when she was younger, but then she'd just be a little twerp.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scrooge McDuck wrote:

Well, she has a lot of hatred for her culture, I think that is why we'll never see it. :P
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yeah, it would likely have to be a very extreme situation for her to bother to dress in attire from New Armes. Like a flashback of her family forcing her to wear it.

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Earthquake923

SB90's Mechanized Monsters

179201 Potch
0 Soldiers
778121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well if the next game takes place there she could be a recurring character. So don't lose hope yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: