Suikoden Utopian and Irenic Knowledge Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden Game Movies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:16 am    Post subject: Suikoden Game Movies Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Greetings fellow Suikoden fans, today I come to you bearing a gift of a mostly complete collection of various Suikoden movie files, several of which can't be found elsewhere (at least not easily, as far as I am aware). All of the files I have made are high quality, mostly 640x480 and the bulk are WMV format, with a few AVIs here and there. You should not have any problems viewing them though I would suggest you have the latest version of Windows Media Player (which they have all been tested for) or Quicktime. Naturally the files that I didn't actually extract/convert myself are noted and credit given where due.

Introduction sequences of all the Suikoden-related games (excluding Card Stories.) can be found below, along with the ending sequences of both Suikogaidens and a few other 'exclusives' that will be pointed out. Interviews with the main folk behind Suikoden IV/V/Tactics are also available if you are interested. Note that all of the files have been compressed using WinRar. Don't let the sizes fool you; the quality is rather impressive.

I hope you enjoy checking them out, and though there should not be any problems if you followed my advice above, feel free to let me know if you have any trouble with any of the files I offer. My apologies to dialup users where some of the larger files are concerned. All up the files amount to over a gigabyte, so download any and all of them at your own leisure. Cheers.

Suikoden I:

- Introduction Sequence (16M)

- Tir VS Teo Duel (9.5M) - An epic battle between father and son; cut very short.

- Black Dragon Orchid (14.7M) - One of my personal favourites from Suikoden I, Futch's ill-fated journey with his Dragon, Black, to retrieve the Black Dragon Orchid from the Flying Garden of the Imperial Palace at Gregminster.

- Farewell Ted (19.1M) - To acquire the Soul Eater's most powerful magic... This is the lengthy scene at Crystal Valley where moonlight weed resides.

- Unused Room (7.5M) - Walking through walls to discover unused areas in Gregminster Palace...

Suikoden II:

- Introduction Sequence (25.9M)

- Colour Opening (9.3M) - Don't feel like defeating Rowd's lackeys 108 times in a row at the beginning of the game? Then download this movie to view the in-game opening scene in colour as it was meant to be viewed...

- Recognition (31.8M) - The path to destiny for Riou and Jowy, where they receive their respective Runes and relive past memories.

- Viktor/Anabelle Scene (8.4M) - The scene in Muse involving Viktor, Anabelle and a bottle of Kanakan's finest; but no videotape.

- Flik/Nina Scenes (9.2M) - The two night scenes involving Flik and Nina by castle rooftop. Not hard to miss on initial play-throughs of the game.

- Kobold Dance (4.3M) - Perhaps the focal and defining point of the Suikoden franchise, the wholly impressive and timely dance of kobolds Gengen and Gabocha... Witness the majesty and go home a legend...

- Movie Collection Part 1 (36.7M) - Collection of Suikoden II Movies.

- Movie Collection Part 2 (19.3M)

Suikoden III:

- Introduction Sequence (122M) - This is the high-quality full-screen Anime sequence for Suikoden III. The smaller version below is nearly identical though with a slight 'blur' when viewed full-screen. I wouldn't say downloading the much larger file is worth it, but if you truly must have 'the best of the best', go for it.

- Introduction Sequence (Alternate) (34M) - See above.

- Hugo's Introduction Sequence (43M) - The stunning Karaya Village which opens up the game to Hugo.

- Suikoden III Trailer (9.5M) - An original Japanese Suikoden III trailer.

Suikoden IV:

- Introduction Sequence (39.4M) - Note that this is the Japanese version of the opening, with only one difference to the English release; which will be obvious.

- Ending Sequence (28.2M)

- Alternate Ending Sequence (27.7M) - Well, 'alternate' in Obel's leaders' sense of fashion, that is.

- Suikoden IV Interview (84M) – An interview between the development team of Suikoden IV and IGN; which goes for over a whoppin’ 30 minutes. Even if you were not that big a fan of the game, be sure to check this out as some interesting questions are brought up, such as why not continue with the story of Hugo, Chris and Geddoe?

Suikoden V:

- Introduction Sequence (32.6M)

- Suikoden V Game Opening (53.8M) - If you look at the files of Suikoden V on your computer, you'll notice that the game actually considers the above movie 'a demo', and that this is the actual introduction sequence, but I digress.

- Compilation Sequence (Japanese) (27.4M) - The original preview of Suikoden V translated by Vextor. I much prefer the music of the opening in this trailer to the blandness presented in the actual game, so it needed a place in this list.

- Suikoden V Interview (26.9M) – An interview between Takahiro Sakiyama and IGN, discussing a few details about Suikoden V.

- Interview 2 (20.8M) – Another Suikoden V interview with the director mentioned above, as well as Hideki Tanaka and this time conducted by Gamespot.

Suikoden Tactics:

- Introduction Sequence (32.6M)

- Suikoden Tactics Interview (40.9M) – A Suikoden Tactics Interview between Gamespot and Dennis Lee.

Suikogaiden Volume I:

- Introduction Sequence (20M) - Probably the highest quality Suikogaiden Intro scene available on the net, I've also increased the display size to 640x480 without any loss. See for yourself.

- Ending Sequence (39.1M) - Don't get too excited if you think it'll be anything like the intro, but this scene is still rather pleasant to watch; despite the passing credits. You're presented with some nice visuals and neat soundtracks along the way.

Suikogaiden Volume II:

- Introduction Sequence (18.8M) - See Volume I Intro comments.

- Ending Sequence (34.5M) - See Volume I Ending comments.

Various:

- Beyond Blue Horizons (42.3M) - A compilation of scenes from various Suikoden titles.

- Sega Saturn Version Introduction Sequence (15.6M) - Simply a mirror link of the file that Vextor introduced many of us to a long time ago; an alternate opening scene of Suikoden I.

- Deathblow Georg (13.1M) - A very creative movie made by a fellow at Youtube who goes by the alias ‘RPG’... Do yourself a favour and grab this if you've never heard of his work before.

- Fliktor Saga (10.1M) - Another awesome instalment by the genius behind Deathblow Georg.

If you know of any other movies worth adding to the list let me know and I’ll look into converting and uploading them. I’ve found that most of the ‘compilation’ sequences on Youtube are too repetitive and not worth bothering with. If you have any requests for a certain move from Suikoden 3/4/5/Tactics I’ll provide it. It seemed excessive to host every single one of them, but I won’t mind.

EDIT: Leech to your heart's content. Bandwidth is of no concern, so direct any Suikoden fans here who would like to have a semi-complete arsenal of media for the Suikoden series' and et cetera that we all know and love. Direct links are fine; as long as they don't present themselves on a download-heavy domain.
rstrack89

52707 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey man, this is pretty awesome that you've done this for all the fans, that weren't able to get a copy of the original two, or of the gaidens. I haven't played the latter, so it was pretty neat to watch em.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh there they are. big "lol dope' to me.
thanks. all i could find were youtube movies and the likes

oh hey, how did you do this? I would like game clips/fmvs/what not for music video uses but I cannot get some I need(a playstation game) my only option is to use a 'cruddy camera' and record from the screen..

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Drizzt

Rangers Of Mielikki

250081 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad you guys like them. Since making that post though only around 20gb of downloads have accrued; so not that much really. Thought there would be plenty of leechers around here - but it's probably better that there aren't. It took a hell of a long time to upload all of these files, but it's done now and was worth it in the end. No ads, no dodgy Rapidshare/etc or Youtube roadblocks. :wink:

@ kuwaizair: I'll send you a PM regarding the information you seek.
Howling Voice

Destroyer of Life

9195 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There are awesome! Thanks for uploading.

I particularilly love 'Beyond Blue Horizons'. By far the best Suikoden music vid I've seen in a looonngg time.

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is good stuff! I'll definitely have my share of these files. Thank you very much, Drizzt.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have them all!!! Great stuff! :P
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice, thanks alot topic creator...

I especially needed that color opening...

Les monsieurs de Narcisse

256470 Potch
0 Soldiers
1865 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They don't even know where Gregminster is? Ug! No wonder Suikoden IV was such a failure. Hard to watch that interview without knowing Japanese too.

Anyway, I shouldn't sound so negative. Thank you for the movies.

34652 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thank you :)
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

these have helped me with music video so much.

Spirit Caster

68902 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks alot, kinda hard to find these videos any where else to download with this quality.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: