Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Aliens vs Predator: Requiem
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Aliens vs Predator: Requiem Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most here probably either didn't see, didn't like, or at the very least thought the first Aliens versus Predator was just ok at best. It seemed to have made enough money in the theaters and on dvd to get a sequel greenlighted. Here's the very first trailer --- a red band trailer at that --- of the sequel. It looks like it's a guilty pleasure from the look of it.

Aliens versus Predator: Requiem trailer

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Meh. All I really want to see is a large scale battle between the Aliens and the Predators with the marines thrown in trying to survive. Kinda like the 3 second clip which was the really decent part of the movie where the aliens stormed the pyramid of the predators. That was grand and would've made a great movie, but instead we got Paul W.S. Anderson.

Though, and I'll be stupdily honest here, that trailer looks alright.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The first movie ws ok......i hope this one is alot better.

The trailer is looking good.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

first movie wasn't that good. only thing good about the movie is predator. rest sucks.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
first movie wasn't that good. only thing good about the movie is predator. rest sucks.

what about alien!

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

predator>alien, nuff said :P

Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, when trying to best such classics like Alien, Aliens, and Predator-- there's going to be a lot of pressure to get things right, and in my opinion, AvP just did not get things right. As a big Predator and Alien fan, I'm going to be hoping that things go better this time around. Really hoping.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
retrospect.

Cosby You! Black Entertainer

102725 Potch
420 Soldiers
30 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well it doesnt look like it'll disappoint at all

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

retrospect. wrote:
well it doesnt look like it'll disappoint at all

Hopefully! they could only be showing the 'good' clips in the trailer! ;)
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only other thing I found decent about the first film was the handful of decent actors in it including the dude who played Bishop (his name escapes me). I also liked the whole honour story with the predator where the woman is accepted and sort of befriends a predator (its more gaining respect). Probably because I was not expecting it and the fact it was quite believable, since the Predator saw that the woman was not just "prey" and killed something. The first film was okay, it was watchable, I don't mind the work of W.S Anderson, I did not mind the Resi Evil films either.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Gil-galad wrote:
Well, when trying to best such classics like Alien, Aliens, and Predator-- there's going to be a lot of pressure to get things right, and in my opinion, AvP just did not get things right. As a big Predator and Alien fan, I'm going to be hoping that things go better this time around. Really hoping.

that's true. but at least freddy vs. jason did a good job. just surprised there hasn't been news for quite some time on the sequel.

Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This being Halloween it looks like 20th Century Fox decided to release a teaser clip of a scene in the movie.

Click On Store Showdown

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The thing that I didn't care for about the first AvP movie was the human who survived. She was not Sigourney Weaver, and she was not Arnold Schwarzenegger. Even those two had a tough time against one or the other, and this woman was not even a fraction as badass as them, so she shouldn't have even survived the initial hatching. No, that movie failed because humans survived. In a clash between two great icons like Aliens and Predators, humans have no business being around. Kill all humans, and we have us a winner of a movie, especially if the Predators emerge victorious, since they are the epitome of cool.

~Uguu!~
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aliens vs Predator should have been more like Aliens, in the action and the desperate huddled few trying to survive. Unfortunately they went the route of Alien 4, in trying to be an suspensful-action movie. Didn't work.

The second outing looks like it's going to be more "guns blazing". I worry though that the action in the trailer is all we'll see and the rest will be pulp.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, well I saw a trailer for this when I went to see Saw IV and it really has me anticipating it, just off one trailer. Now, it's not all good, because again we see some dumb broad who's just thrown in there for eye candy trying to come across as a badass, but I guess I'll never get an AvP where the humans are all slaughtered like the weak lambs that they are. Honestly, the only use humans have in the movies is as incubation chambers for the Aliens, and frag bait for the Predators. Call me biased, but I don't believe for one second that humans could take out a group of Predator hunter/warriors. If Arnold can barely kill one, there's no way humans could take out 5 or 6.

~Uguu!~
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Media All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: