Suikoden Urgent and Illegal Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Underated/Overlooked Character Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For useful unite attacks try Genshu and Shin, the swordsman attack attacks with a chance of instant Death, I found it very useful later on in the game against tougher opponents.

Thanks for the correction Buff, not played II in a while, I now remember searching Crom to no avail.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

you only get one rune from crom after you beat neclord. it's from a guy in the house you stayed at. not sure what it was since it's not really worth it.

really no use for shin/genshu unite since you get genshu so late in the game that you already have a powerful party.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Genshu himself aint bad, neither is Shin for that matter with fully sharpened swords and leveled up. Unite saved me alot of bother, though against Bosses Humphrey with his Violence and Exertion rune and Bob's transformed form do most of my damage.

When I found out about equiping a fury rune on Oulan to use her special attack as many times you like. That got me using her more.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Genshu isn't bad, but sadly he isn't great. Although with the right care he can really be lethal.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

looks like i need to replay two and checked out other characters i never used before.

ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kahn Marley is a powerhouse. He has 3 open slots and fairly decent attack power. Getting him Armor was a breeze. 3 power rings, 1 master garb, 1 flame helmet? :P Instant godliness.

Killey is also pretty nice. I just love his dual short swords.

BTW Oulan is the greatest damage dealer in S2. Violence + Angry Dragon + Max strength = 10X damage after hp is halved.
Yontory

9094 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use Shiro on Suikoden II just because I don't need to equip him so everyone can have special stuff. Besides, Shiro is quite capable and fast. :D

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always used Shiro earlier in the game, but seemed to drop him for other characters later. I'm sure he gets pretty powerful at high levels, but I've never checked!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yep. Shiro gets to 560(max) while the 2slot monsters like abizboah, siegrified and feather can reach as high as 760. However, shiro has pathetic hp for a front liner but that can be solve by good old fashioned cheating :wink:
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
I always used Shiro earlier in the game, but seemed to drop him for other characters later. I'm sure he gets pretty powerful at high levels, but I've never checked!

i always do the same thing since in the begining he's strong when you get him.

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hai Yo is great with the correct equipment!
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I did the same thing with Rikimaru, although recently I tried him to check out his unite with Amada.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

their unite i say is one of the best. they can hit 1 row front to back and can kill them in 1 hit. plus even against bosses they still do high damage.

Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
BTW Oulan is the greatest damage dealer in S2. Violence + Angry Dragon + Max strength = 10X damage after hp is halved.

Actually Killey and Sheena deal the greatest damage in Suikoden II. Check out the indepth analysis over at SuikoSource.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think that analysis includes specialty runes, as Falcon Critical has pointed out that it's possible for Valeria to do more damage with her Falcon Rune if it does a 5x critical!

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: