Suikoden Urgent and Illusional Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Underated/Overlooked Character Thread
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Overdose

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: The Underated/Overlooked Character Thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know that there are people who choose to use characters that others may not. Here is the place to discuss your favourite characters who may not be the most obvious choices like your Crowleys, Georg Primes and Viktors.

One character who I use usually only has a small part in the story but I find very useful, that character is Tai Ho. He seems fairly all rounded and is always an option on the back row for me.

Who are your often overlooked characters? Do they have suprisingly good stats when leveled up? or perhaps a useful rune or unite attack?

Share it here.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find myself using Hoi and Rikimaru quite a bit, both are decent characters - they arn't the recognized powerhouses of Suikoden II, but I enjoy them and I liked Hoi's buddy attack with Riou. Rikimaru's just a tank, I spent alot of time leveling him up - trying out different rune combitionations, 'etc. I wish the suikoden designers would throw in excess dialoge for characters other than the cannon party members, it would be nice to see what each different member has to say during each different situation.

I hate you Onimaru.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden: Tengaar (awesome magician), Kirkis (good L-range char and good magic), Sonja Shulen ( very powerful, quick, good magic and can equip a lot of heavy gear)
Suikoden 2 : Tengaar( some as above) , Clive ( very quick and strong, but low magic),
Suikoden 4: Hervey and Sigurd ( awesome team both have strengths and weaknesses in which they both equal each other, plus very strong and cool unite attack)
Suikoden 5 : Faylin( she's my favourite I like her weapon, and she's really powerful with a attack boosting rune)
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I use Nelis a lot in Suikoden V. I assume she is a pretty Unused person, I don't know many other's who have her in their team. i think she's pretty good though.

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In S5, I used Shigure and Sagiri all the time. I also use Yahr and Nelis a lot. In S4, I used Akaghi and Mizuki in one of my files and they were pretty amazing too. Mizuki's shrike rune was freaking amazing, same thing with Sagiri. Hmm...I don't think I had any unusual characters in S3 or S1.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't think Shigure and Sagiri are unused characters. Atleast, they weren't for me. I practically used them every chance I got for the first half of the game. I would think their assassin/ninja status would make them highly used. I recently played Suikoden II using Hix consistantly. His Exertion Rune is quite nice!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Overdose

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
I don't think Shigure and Sagiri are unused characters. Atleast, they weren't for me. I practically used them every chance I got for the first half of the game. I would think their assassin/ninja status would make them highly used. I recently played Suikoden II using Hix consistantly. His Exertion Rune is quite nice!

You can find a hidden exertion rune, I usually equip it on humphrey, that mixed with his violence rune he ended up doing 1000's of damage on bosses.

Another character I used alot in suikoden 1 was Griffith, he has some sort of dark sword as his weapon. Not the strongest od characters but definately different.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suiko 1 I used the ninja a lot even though they weren't all that great (cept Kasumi's rune). Rubi was my mage of choice and I used Pahn right to the end of the game.

In Suiko 2 there are a few I'd mention. For a start Valeria, I mean everyone picks Kasumi cos she's cute and gets you ninjas early - and they totally miss the powerhouse of the game Valeria. Course you've likely seen my post about breaking the damage limit with her which did help raise the awareness. Bob is another people overlook in S2, with his rune he's practically invulnerable - faster than anyone in the game (unless you're like stallion + speed rune) and hits like a monster. There are few fights in the game that last more than the 3 round limit on his transformation.

In Suikoden 3 it has to be Ayame that I'll mention. I'm not sure how many people used her, but I found her to be one of the most powerful characters in the game. Her Shrike rune was frequently doing 2-3000 damage right at the start of the fight. She can easily take out the water rune on the final boss in one attack. She's also part of my one round victory strategy for that boss, her unite with Landis is practically guaranteed 9999 damage.

In Suikoden 4 - well I used Hero/Kika/Ameria.. and I don't even remember the 4th. Guess they'd be underused then :P

In Suikoden 5 I was totally against using like Richard/Belcoot/Zegai, I guess my character that others dont' seem to use is Isabel/Mathias. Use the inverse arrowhead formation with just Isabel up front and your whole party is practially invincible. I even had a fury rune on her, and not some stupid defensive thing. She parries practically everything and was seemingly immune to fire as well (I guess due to equipment). With some drainy rings she practically healed herself every time she hit the enemies for a few thousand. Totally overpowered ;P

I tried Ernst, I really did... but other than his cheap boss stuns I found him pretty bleh.

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have quite a fondness for Yoshino, myself. Her stats are pretty blah in general, but she has a verstility most others don't. I use her mostly as a mage, and there are far better early-game maes in SUikoden 2 (Luc, Rina, Tengaar), but the fact that she has no affinity at less than a B means she can dish out more damage than Rina with any Rune you place on her. Granted, Rina has more spell points, but she can only gets up to a C affinity with anything but Water. Yoshino has an A in water (her Protect Mist seems to work every single time for me) and she can use any other spell Rune in the game with a B.

In Suikoden 1 I use Camille a lot. Her skill is INSANE!!! She criticals a lot and she has quite a good amount of MP as well. I make her my resident healer. I do this instead of using a super mage for healing simply because Camille is a decent melle fighter as well. SHe's weak enough so that if she needs to take a break from attacking to heal the party, she's not going to put a dent in your offense, but she's strong enough that she's not going to just sit there like a dead fish when she isn't called on to heal. If you used Luc in the same role, he'd be a great healer, but if everyone was at full life you'd wish someone else was attacking to make up for the 1 damage he does.

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

here's a thread on underated characters. but nothing on overrated.

http://suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=594&highlight=underated

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Overdose

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I made this thread in the mind of the actual characters in game talent not based on whether they have a big part in the story and should have more. Mainly to see if any member has found any useful characters who we might have overlooked.

Wataru that was some very useful information, I never realised that about Yoshino she was definately a character I over looked, never really been a fan of Naginata to be honest.

FOREVER X!!!
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So Overdose, where do you find the second Exertion Rune? I don't remember ever finding it.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Amada.

Bob is pretty neat, too.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Overdose

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TruePerception wrote:
So Overdose, where do you find the second Exertion Rune? I don't remember ever finding it.

My mind escapes me but I'm thinking it was the one in the boxes or barrels by the boat in lake west. If not its in a barrel/box in the kobold village but I would need to check on that. I am sure the one in the Crom Village boxes is a Friendship or Kindness rune.

FOREVER X!!!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

exertion is in the vase next to where you go for your boat. the kidness is in kobold billage. crow village doesn't have one. friendship is at south window on the right side where the plants are.

Quote:
Amada.

put him with rikimaru and there a killer team. high hp, high attack and their unite attack can take out one row of front and back enemies.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: