Suikoden Unique and Irenic Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL 2007 Weekly Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ah damn though i was going to have a chance to win it. but first year doing this here and did good enough.

Washington at Seattle
NY Giants at Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at Pittsburgh
Tennessee at San Diego

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Washington at Seattle - Washington had a good little run there at the end of the season to get into the playoffs, but Seattle has a pretty good defense this year, and I just see them giving Todd Collins all kinds of troubles. What Washington does have going for it is that their players will still be in the competitive mindset that can often be dulled when players are rested too long. If Shaun Alexander remembers how to run the ball, then it's all the better, but even without him I say Seattle should be able to out slug Washington.

NY Giants at Tampa Bay - Everyone has always had a major letdown after playing a close game with the Patriots. Eli Manning is a total jake, and he pretty much shot his load last week. Tampa likely isn't going to go very far in the playoffs, but let's be honest, the Giants record is no indication of how bad they really are. If they had a decent quarterback, then perhaps they'd have a good shot, since Brandon Jacobs is a pretty good running back. However, Eli isn't the answer, and they're foolish to continue to pin their hopes on him.

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh is going into this game without the services of Willie Parker and with a third string tackle on the offensive line, which is beat up across the board. I just think they're going into this game too worn down, and while they'll probably keep it close until halftime, I expect to see them fall apart in the end. On Jacksonville's side, they've been turning it on at the end. Fred Taylor has quietly had yet another good season rushing the ball. It's amazing that someone can have all those 1000 yard years and never get into the Pro-Bowl. There's also the issue of Maurice Jones-Drew, so with those two running the ball, I think Jacksonville will be able to grind out a win even at Heinz Field.

Tennessee at San Diego - As much as I hate San Diego, and as much as I think Philip Rivers is a horrible quarterback, Tennessee and Vince Young are even worse. San Diego should be fortunate that they get the Titans and didn't have to face the Browns, or else it would be another early exit for them. Maybe there can be a moral victory and maybe Ladanian Tomlinson will break his leg. Then we could see for sure how terrible Philip Rivers is when he needs to do everything himself.

~Uguu!~
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wildcard Weekend

Washington at Seattle - The Redskins, quite honestly, are on fire. I know that Todd Collins hasn't started in eight years, was pretty bad back then, and is probably playing far above his normal ability. He's probably not the man that the Redskins are going to want to start in the future. But you can't deny for an instant that Collins and this offense are clicking. Both on the pass and the run, the Skins are making some good things happen. Also, Gibbs' defense is reading their opponents very well, as evidenced by their demolition of Minnesota, then Dallas. I know that Dallas eventually benched their starters, but everyone but T.O. was in until at least the start of three... and they didn't look good. Seattle hasn't really done anything to impress me this season. I've seen good play out of them at times; extremely good play sometimes. Consistently? Absolutely not. That's going to hurt Seattle here because it will only take a couple of slipups for the Skins to run off with this one.

New York Giants at Tampa Bay - The Giants are not that bad. I know it's been said over and over again that the Giants are bad, but they're not. They're not great, but they're not bad. I think the same thing about Tampa Bay, who had some incredibly weak divisional opponents this season, and didn't really take us into the home stretch all that well. Although every team this season has looked bad the week after getting defeated by the Patriots, I still think that the Giants are in good shape here. Coming into the playoffs on a loss is statistically supposed to be better, anyway. Maybe it keeps teams' feet on the ground?

Jacksonville at Pittsburgh - There's a reason that nobody wanted to be the ones to play the Jaguars in the playoffs this season. They're better than most of the division leaders, and they're only playing the Wildcard because they're in the same division as Indianapolis. Pittsburgh is a confusing mess to me, and I'm just not sure how to analyze them. I think that they're good, but I've seen holes, and Pittsburgh has a banged up line and is sans Willie Parker. None of those things are good facing down a Jacksonville team that has quite simply played good football this season.

Tennessee at San Diego - Tennessee confuses me. I just don't understand how they can be any good. How did they win so many games? I have zero confidence in Vince Young, who is mostly a scramble quarterback. I had thought his accuracy was a step up from Michael Vick's, but watching stats this season, I've seen a lot more INT than TD the few times I've looked. That's rarely a good sign. It'll prove to be troublesome here simply because San Diego does, in fact, have LaDanian Tomlinson, and seems to have remembered to use him. Of course, San Diego probably won't go far in the playoffs, because they don't have what it takes to hang with the other AFC contenders, but this week at least should belong to the Chargers.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Washington at Seattle
NY Giants at Tampa Bay*
Tennessee at San Diego

*If Garcia starts for Tampa than my pick is Tampa.

There is a reason Collins is a career backup. I think he'll be exposed against the Seattle defense, though I think this could be a low scoring affair since Washington has a pretty good pass defense most weeks. I don't think the Giants could beat a Garcia lead Buccaneers offense, but if Garcia isn't in there, than the Giants defense could grind out a win for them. Jacksonville is playing great football, and Pittsburgh is the unlucky team that has to face them in round 1. I don't think the loss of Willie Parker will have much of an impact overall--even if he was in the game, I'd still pick the Jaguars. Tennessee's offense isn't doing them any favors and they got into the playoffs by riding their very good defense--unfortunately for them, the only team I can remember that was that unbalanced and still won the Superbowl had one of the best defenses of all time, so I can't see them going far this year. It'll come down to whether or not Phillip Rivers wants to give them the game. If the Chargers play smart, they shouldn't have any trouble at all, but the Titans defense makes them dangerous, no doubt about it.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Washington at Seattle

Washington has been playing like a team on fire, but they are not going to win this game. I just think that a lack of experience in the playoffs is going to hurt the Redskins. Todd Collins has been a rebound of a QB, but I think that he is this year's Garcia. The old timer who shown he's not as bad as we all thought he was, but he's still not good enough to lead a team deep into the playoffs. The Seahawks have a lot of experience in the playoffs and know how to win big games. Also, they are playing at home where they're pretty good in the playoffs. I see Shaun Alexander getting a lot of good touches this weekend. I also see Clinton Portis being shut down and the offense needing to rely on Collins' arm. A recipe for disaster.

NY Giants at Tampa Bay

Really, I don't think the Buccaneers have played all that well and had they been in any other division, they'd not be where they are. They're not all that good of a team and they aren't as good as the Giants. The only way they will walk out with a win is if Eli plays one of his "Eli Manning" games and totally flubs the thing. When he's not off his game, his team in general has a good week, but when he's off, damnation. So, if Eli has one of those games, then yes, Tampa will move on to lose to Green Bay or Dallas. If the Giants go into Tampa with the same head of steam they had going into last week's spectacular match up against New England, then there's no way in hell the Tampa squad has any chance. I really hope that the Giants win only because if Tampa goes, next week's NFC matches will be a borefest.

Nobody EVER has beaten Pittsburgh twice at home in one season. EVER. I'm going to use that meaningless statistic to base this prediction off of. I also like Pittsburgh a lot more than the Jaguars. The Jags have surprised me though, as I never saw them as being as solid as they are. In such a tough division, they've still managed a decent record. I just think that matched up against a physical team like Pittsburgh, they're vulnerable. Yes, the Jags beat them at home in the regular season, but I believe that was without Palomalu and a few other key defensive starters. I could be wrong, but I really feel that Pittsburgh is the tougher team overall.

Tennessee at San Diego

I don't think Tennessee has much of a shot in this playoffs to do anything but be a one week upset. If they manage to finagle their way past the Chargers, they'll run hard into the Patriots where they'll fall very short. I think the Chargers do pose a threat to the Patriots but for them to try their hand again at the already declared champions, they need to beat these retarded Titans who narrowly got into the playoffs. Damn you Cleveland, why didn't you make it! I really was pushing for the Browns. I hate the Titans and have ever since that bullshit music city miracle flounder. So, for Buffalo's sake I hope the Chargers kick the tar out of the Titians and move on to the next round. The only positive on the Titans team is Vince Young. I think everyone else is either a washout (LenDale) or a thug (Haynesworth). LaDanian is a classy athlete and I know there's a lot of haterade being chugged on the part of Philip Rivers, but he's gotten that team into the playoffs despite dropped numbers from both LT and Antonio Gates.

Top Scoring team of the Week: San Diego Chargers
Top player of the week: Plaxico Burress/LaDanian Tomlinson

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Washington
NY Giants
Jacksonville
San Diego

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even though Shad hasn't gone through and updated the stats for last week, or whatever he's going to do, I'm going to go ahead and do next week's predictions now. Just to get them out of the way and while I know I can.

Jacksonville at New England

You'd be a fool not to pick the Patriots this week. They're the favorite and rightly so. But to be brutally honest, I think the Patriots are quite beatable. They've looked rather lackluster coming down the home stretch of the season, and they've shown they can be beaten, just lady luck receives paychecks from the Patriots so she swings in their favor all the time. I'm looking directly at that Ravens game. Anyhow, the Jacksonville Jaguars are a great team and they've got a dynamic running duo and if there's any way the Patriots will lose, it will be on the shoulders of Fred Taylor and Maurice Jones-Drew. David Gerrard will have his hands full too, I'm sure but the real test is to keep the ball on the field as long as they can and kep the ball out of Tom Brady's hands for as much as possible. If the Jags can win the clock game, as well as not turn the ball over (something that David Gerrard specializes in is not throwing picks) they might find themselves going to San Diego or Indianapolis next week. But, I think that the Patriots will win this, as they always find a way to do. Whether it be by some brilliant strategy devised in the depths of Bill Belichick's mind or straight up destruction at the hands of Brady to Moss/Welker/Stallworth. I'll be surprised if this week we see the Patriots wi it on the ground with Lawrence Mauroney. The Jags have a great rushing Defense.

San Diego at Indianapolis

San Diego has less of a shot winning this than Jacksonville has against the Patriots, I honestly think. Now watch the Colts flat out lose to them now that I say that. Anyhow, it it weren't for a pathetic game by the Titans, the Chargers would be out of the playoffs. I teally think the Browns would have done a far better job against the Chargers than the Titans mustered. It was a pretty shoddy game all through it. LaDanian Tomlinson was pretty shut down and I've never been all that high on Chris Chambers as a wide receiver. With Gates hurt, their offense is even more hindered. The Colts are well rested, Marvin Harrison is back and they've got no reason not to play their asses off. Peyton Manning wants to repeat and start his own dynasty. The Colts are not going to have any issues with taking down the Chargers, especially at home.

New York Giants at Dallas

This is definitely the hardest game to call all week. The Giants are playing wondefully and Eli Manning hasn't had one of his bad games in a while. However, its not all about how well the Giants are doing, but how well the Cowbays are. Terell Owens will be playing and he's had a lot of time to rest up. He isn't at 100% but we all remember the effort he put in when he was an Eagle in the playoffs to come back from an injury and take over the game. I expect Terell owens to show up as usual in this game and play strong. I also see Tony Romo winning the first playoff game for the Cowboys in a decade because he has some experience in the playoffs and he knows he does well, just don't be the place holder for kicks. As long as he stays with throwing the ball and not placeholding, he'll be good. The Giants will probably show up and make this the most intense game of the week. I want to see them beat the Cowboys, just because I hate the Cowboys, its a Bills thing. I've forgiven the Giants and Redskins for beating the Bills in the superbowl. (not 100%, but up against the Cowboys, they're the lesser of two evils) Not to mention the Cowboys deserve to lose just for their game against the Bills this year, damn that pissed me off. If the Giants pull off the win, I'll be ecstatic.

Seattle at Green Bay

I know, I took all the safe picks. Sue me, I believe that the Big 4 are going to be the final four, its not unfathomale and I really think the Packers are the better team here, by far. Brett Favre knows how Mike Holmgren works, as he was his coach for so many years. But that has really little to do with the entire game, I think. ESPN is putting the QB vs. his old coach thing a lot but I think this game has more to do with stopping the Seahawks on offense than the chess match of the head coach. We all know what Brett Favre is going to do, throw it all over the place. The only way the Seahawks can walk out of Lambeau with a victory is if their defense puts an assload of pressure on Brett and stops him from passing it so much. If they can force the Packers into running the ball more they stand a better chance. Nothing against Ryan Grant, but we all know he's not the reason they are where they are now. He's a solid running back this season, but if they have to rely on him, its not the optimum situation for the folks in Green Bay. Seattle really doesn't have much of a chance though.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jacksonville at New England - Really, at this point, why wouldn't you pick them? They are pure greatness, and the only people who don't agree with that are crusty old has-been NFL players like Earl Campbell, who are desperately trying to be controversial so someone, anyone, will pay just a little attention to them. It's really quite sad to see these people take the low road in this and make outlandish claims against them. Jacksonville is good, but the Patriots are great, and great will always triumph there.

San Diego at Indianapolis - I'm not sure what people were rambling about, saying the Chargers have gotten over the hump, that bringing in Norv Turner helped them in the playoffs. What garbage. They're in the exact same position they were in last year, so they haven't improved at all. In fact, they're worse off than last year. Their record is worse, and more importantly, LaDanian Tomlinson can obviously be made a virtual non-factor. Indianapolis has every bit as good a defense as Tennessee did, but they have a vastly superior offense. Tomlinson will be shut down completely, and Philip Rivers will look like the pathetic joke of a quarterback that I always say he is. He so definitely needs a punch to the teeth.

New York Giants at Dallas - You know, I'm just going to be difficult here. I don't feel the need to use lots of practical logic sometimes, and this is the case here. Jessica Simpson is a curse, and for Romo to spend the weekend lounging around in Mexico (Mexico?!?! WTF, you make millions, don't go to a damn third world nation. I hate Mexico.) with that harlot is a sure recipe for doom. I hate Eli Manning, and I don't care much for the Giants in general, but Tony Romo has given them a golden chance here. If I'm right and the Giants win though, I'll bet Jessica Simpson will have to beef up her security detail. The death threats will flow. Sadly, I'm not kidding, I'll bet anything that'll happen.

Seattle at Green Bay - Seattle has a very good defense that can and will give quarterbacks fits. Brett Favre does not handle pressure as well as he's credited. He gets all kinds of praise when his reckless style pans out, but it's largely overlooked when he falls to pieces. When he's pressured, he starts to make too many mistakes. Sometimes he gets lucky and the rest of his team covers up his mistakes, but you don't set the record for most interceptions in a career by being an unflappable player. Once Patrick Kerney drives Favre 3 feet into the ground, he'll be hearing footsteps and will be completely off his game. Then maybe he can whine about it being too cold.

~Uguu!~
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Jacksonville at New England - I share Red's sentiments. The Pats should be the favorites, but the Jags can beat them.

San Diego at Indianapolis - The Chargers spent a lot of their winning streak pounding on soft teams, and it will show during this game.

New York Giants at Dallas - Jason Witten and his wife were on that same trip with Tony Romo and his girlfriend, and yet Witten doesn't seem to be getting any bad press. The Cowboys had the weekend off, and Romo went out and enjoyed himself. I don't see anything wrong with that. For Pete's sake, they didn't even know who they were playing before the weekend yet. The Giants defense is easy to stop if you have a good offensive line, because they rely on their stellar defensive ends to keep that defense going--and the Cowboys just so happen to have a good offensive line. Their linebackers are okay as a unit and their secondary isn't that good. If the Giants are to have a chance they'll have to do it on offense, and "good Eli" isn't good enough to keep up with the Cowboys high powered attack.

Seattle at Green Bay - This game was a hard choice for me. Both teams are pass heavy, and both teams have a solid defense. They are pretty much clones of each other. In the end though, I think Green Bay has a better secondary than Seattle, and if it isn't too windy that could tip the scales in the Packers favor.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NY Giants at Dallas
Seattle at Green Bay

May Dallas be shut out 66-0.
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Divisional Weekend

Jacksonville at New England - If New England weren't undefeated, I would choose Jacksonville here. However, at this point, not only do I see no reason to pick against the Patriots, but I fervently want them to win so that Don Shula can forever be silenced. This is wishful thinking of course, because he's already complained that the Patriots being caught taping defensive signals means that their season is somehow illegitimate. Whatever, Don. Anyway, Jacksonville is an extremely good team. They have a powerful rush defense, a dangerous two-man rushing attack, and a quarterback who specializes in keeping turnovers down. Unfortunately, the Patriots' offense uses the pass to set up the pass, so that they can pass...so Jacksonville's towering rush D won't mean anything. The Jags' pass defense isn't bad, or anything, but if Pittsburgh can put up 30+ points on them, so can the Patriots.

San Diego at Indianapolis - As stated previously, Indianapolis is much better than Tennessee. Their defense is just as good, if not better, and their offense is high-powered. Since Indy is supposed to be at 100% roster strength for this matchup, I don't think San Diego realistically stands much of a chance. Peyton Manning won't be screwing around here, and with a full receiver corps plus Joseph Addai, he can put up 1,000,000 points on the Chargers before halftime. Meanwhile, the Chargers' line hasn't blocked for LaDanian nearly as well as they did last year, and as a result, he's not as dangerous. With Gates hurt, Tomlinson is the Chargers' only real weapon, and that spells bad news for San Diego.

New York Giants at Dallas - I hate Dallas. I want them to go 0-16 every season. I think this game could go either way. In the first meeting of the season, Dallas was at 100% strength, and the Giants put up a halfway decent showing. As the season has progressed, though, Dallas has suffered a few injuries (Glenn, Owens) and the Giants have really pulled their defense together. Calvin isn't wrong though, the Giants' defense probably won't be able to contain the 'Boys offense. It depends somewhat on what kind of play we see from Owens, and whether he still looks hurt, and whether Tony Romo plays competently or not. Romo does have his days... anyway, Dallas could certainly win this game, I just really hope they don't. Fingers crossed!

Seattle at Green Bay - This pick was the hardest for me. These teams are very similar. However, Green Bay has a more consistent and dangerous rushing attack than Seattle. As long as they are reliant on Shaun Alexander and he continues to fail, Seattle can't fall back on the rush. Green Bay doesn't like to, but they put up several 100+ rushing total games this year, and that means that they can use the rush to help augment their attack to help relieve pressure from Favre. If the old man can keep his passes on target and remain cool on the field, then the Pack is going to be hard for Seattle to stop. Of course, Green Bay's defense really doesn't impress me too much, and Seattle might be able to hang on by throwing up points. It's not like their passing attack isn't a serious threat. I wouldn't be particularly surprised to see the Pack go down here.

Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

NY Giants at Dallas
Seattle at Green Bay

Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, well.

Conference Championships

San Diego at New England - I badly underestimated San Diego's ability to play without LaDainian Tomlinson, it seems. Even with him out for most of the game, Philip Rivers put together a competent passing offense. Their defense was stingy enough against Peyton Manning's offense to hold the Colts to 24. I'm pretty shocked by San Diego advancing, but I have to feel that they stop here. Foxborough is not a friendly place to be this season, and New England is now on the hunt for the Superbowl. I expect nothing but exceptionally high levels of play from everyone on the Pats, and San Diego is even listing Tomlinson and Rivers both as questionable for this crucial matchup...not that I think it would matter anyway. Go New England!

New York Giants at Green Bay - How many people expected to see the NFC championship game happen in Green Bay this season? Before the season started, probably very few...and even as early as this morning, probably not too many. But the Giants bested the 'Boys. Like the Chargers, however, the Giants are going to stop here. The Packers have put up the second most offensive yards in the league, behind the devastating New England Patriots. They have learned to rush the ball effectively and to limit the pressure against Brett Favre. They have learned to effectively play on the defensive side of the ball, and here they're playing at home after a high-powered win against the Seahawks. Eli beat his brother, and he deserves props for getting the Giants to the conference game...but I've picked my Superbowl matchup.

As much as it pains to me to say...go Green Bay!

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Picking New England and Green Bay likewise, with New England to go all the way.

It it works out like that they will not only have a perfect record, but to get it they will have beaten San Diego twice, Green Bay, the Giants, Indianapolis, Dallas, Jacksonville, Pittsburgh, and Washington.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

new england and greenbay for me also. was picking those two to make super bowl since playoffs started.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 25 of 26

Jump to: