Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL 2007 Weekly Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 17:
New England at NY Giants
Cincinnati at Miami
Jacksonville at Houston
Detroit at Green Bay
San Francisco at Cleveland
New Orleans at Chicago
Buffalo at Philadelphia
Seattle at Atlanta
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh at Baltimore
Kansas City at NY Jets
San Diego at Oakland
Minnesota at Denver
St Louis at Arizona
Dallas at Washington
Tennessee at Indianapolis

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 17:

New England at NY Giants - Really, am I supposed to believe for one second that after 15 games the Patriots are going to have their first loss of the season against the Giants? Not a chance. Every team starts the year saying they're going to go undefeated each year. If they don't, then they're pathetic losers who are too short sighted. It just so happens that only the New England Patriots are great enough to actually achieve this feat. Oh, I'll agree that unless this season is capped with another Belichick/Lombardi trophy, then it won't really matter. However, that's for another week. This week it's the time for a run at history. If the Patriots manage the run of the table, then people ought to demand that the '72 Dolphins be removed from the record books, since they didn't play a 16 game season. Plus, they're pricks. If the Patriots do run the table and they do the classless act of popping champagne every time their record is preserved, then I'll call them scum too, but I think we all know that they won't.

Cincinnati at Miami - Miami can't even suck right, that's how bad they suck. They could have been known for something special, going 0-16, but instead, they just proved that they're the most horseshit team ever by winning one game. I'm not sure what Parcells was thinking joining this team of losers. Really, Cincinnati isn't even a consideration in this equation. They suck too. But Miami is simply too awful to pick.

Jacksonville at Houston - Even though Jacksonville has nothing to lose or gain, they no doubt would like some momentum going into the playoffs. As such, I don't expect they'll let up too much against Houston, who continues to underperform. Really, I'm not sure why anyone even bothers to think Houston is going to be worth a damn. Each year they show some flashes of being a good team, but they always crap out midway through.

Detroit at Green Bay - So, is Brett Favre an idiot or soemthing? Exactly why was he whining about the cold in Chicago? They call their damn field the Frozen Tundra. If suddenly Grandpa Favre can't play in the cold, the perhaps it's for the best that they pissed it down their leg and couldn't take a shot at home field advantage. Is it just me, or has Favre become quite the whiner and excuse maker lately? Anyways, even though Green Bay is gonna be one and done in the playoffs, they should be alright with beating the pants off Detroit. So much for God-boy Kitna's great prediction.

San Francisco at Cleveland - What the heck is wrong with San Francisco? Why can't they just lose with dignity? No, instead they have to go and screw up the Patriots draft by winning meaningless games. However, this isn't a meaningless game for Cleveland. Their playoff spot is on the line, and they need some help from Indianapolis. Still, they might as well just concentrate on winning and let that other game take care of itself.

New Orleans at Chicago - Chicago just plain doesn't have the talent that New Orleans does. Weather could play a factor, but really, I just don't see it. Everyone gets cold, and them sidelines have those big jet engine heaters blasting away. If they can't handle that, then they're just a bunch of girls. New Orleans technically has a shot at getting into the playoffs if they win, but I really don't think that'll happen. Still, even without Reggie Bush, Drew Brees should be more than enough to beat the Bears.

Buffalo at Philadelphia - Basically a meaningless game since neither team realistically has any chance for the playoffs. So, with nothing to play for, and very likely on his way out, I just don't see McNabb being very motivated for this game. Plus it's just one of those games where I feel it'll go this way. I don't think much of Buffalo, but maybe they'll surprise me.

Seattle at Atlanta - Atlanta can finally put an end to this awful season by laying down for Seattle. Really, they might as well, just do what they can to get a better draft pick, even though this year's draft class isn't very good. Arthur Blank may be a nice guy owner, but he's not a very smart one. Due to some poor personnel choices, this franchise has been on its heels since the start. Seattle really doesn't have anything to play for, since I believe that as a division winner they're assured the #3 spot regardless of what happens with the Giants, although let's be honest, the Giants can't beat the Patriots, so win or lose, Seattle is fairly safe in their playoff spot. They'll probably play their starters for a quarter or two, but that should be all that's needed to beat Atlanta.

Carolina at Tampa Bay - I'm not certain what the tiebreaker scenario is, but Tampa can tie Seattle for record, so maybe they might be able to improve their playoff position with a win here. Still, I'll just go on the assumption that there is no way for them to improve their fortunes. But, Carolina has been a lost cause all year long, there's no reason to suspect that they're suddenly going to start playing like the team they were supposed to be at this point.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore - I wasn't around to rant about this last week, so I'll do it now. BALTIMORE SHOULD BE DISBANDED! THEY DON'T DESERVE TO CALL THEMSELVES PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS! Yes, I think the league should announce that all Baltimore Ravens will not receive any checks from now until they win a game next year. They ruined my chances at seeing a team go 0-16 because these pathetic pussies couldn't beat the Miami Dolphins. What on earth makes them think they can beat the Steelers? I'm not sure how they can even live with themselves. The team should have all committed ritual suicide by now, so I'm not sure why there's even a Baltimore Ravens team anymore. I hate them with every fiber of my being, and if I saw Ray Lewis crossing the street, I'd accelerate. Just seeing the name Baltimore makes me sick.

Kansas City at NY Jets - Really, my brain tells me that Kansas City is terrible and that they'll probably lose this game, but I hate the Jets just slightly less than I hate Baltimore at this point in time, so I can't pick them to win. Heck, this season I've been right more often than not by not picking the Jets, so why not keep it going? The Jets are an embarassment to the league with their pathetic play, so I refuse to pick a team like that. At least they'll do something right in the offseason and dump that loser Pennington. He gets too much praise for having lots of "heart", but the fact of the matter is, he doesn't have any talent. Good riddance.

San Diego at Oakland - Hey Philip Rivers, who the hell do you think you are? You're not even good enough to talk shit to a kicker, so maybe you should shut your mouth and work on trying to learn how to pass the ball. LaDanian Tomlinson may be one of the most classless people in the league, but at least he had enough class to turn his back on your pathetic self. Anyways, Tomlinson is the reason they've had any success, so he should have a field day running all over the lowly Raiders. Rivers will do his best to botch the game, but as bad as he is, even he can't blow this one. If nothing else, they'll just hand off to Tomlinson and let him throw the ball.

Minnesota at Denver - Another team that has a horrible run defense is Denver. Technically it's possible that Adrian Peterson could get the rushing title, but that's pretty unlikely. Still, he'll be able to tear it up against Denver, and Minnesota has something to play for. A Minnesota win and a Washington loss puts the Vikings into the playoffs. Still, no matter what happens, it's been a great rookie season for Adrian Peterson. I still don't buy Tarvarius Jackson as a legitimate quarterback, but he did improve slightly over the course of the year. Still, it's been pretty much all Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson. We'll see a lot of that in this game. Denver is so pathetic that they allowed Philip Rivers to talk shit to them instead of running over to that sideline and knocking that little shits teeth in with a helmet.

St Louis at Arizona - You know things are bad in St. Louis when Tory Holt starts crapping on his coach. Holt rarely says anything negative, so that seems to indicate that the team is giving up on the coach. Arizona once again settled for mediocrity, when they had a great chance to win their division. I guess they're playing for their third non-losing season in the past 20 years or so, so I guess that's something to play for when you're a joke.

Dallas at Washington - I just don't see Dallas as being very up for this game, and if they're not at the top of their game, they're very beatable. Playing their starters for any length of time doesn't seem to make much sense, since they have home field advantage throughout the playoffs, so there's little need to go all out. Washington, however, will be. If they win, they're in, so if they can't get up for this, then they can't whine about what might have been.

Tennessee at Indianapolis - Tennessee is well known for just coming up short. They'll lose here and just miss out on the playoffs when Cleveland wins their game. Indy will probably be playing Peyton Manning a bit longer than normal since they expect Marvin Harrison to play, so I'd imagine they'd want to give him some extra time. And since the fantasy leagues are all done, Peyton can light it up because he doesn't have to worry about disappointing me. Now I can go back to hating him like usual and wishing doom upon him. He was more amusing before he won a Super Bowl. Why the league let him beat the Patriots is beyond me.

And that does it for a whole season of my calling the majority of the NFL a bunch of hapless losers who should be flipping burgers for a living. Can't wait until next year when I can do it all over again! :)

~Uguu!~
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New England
Cincinnati
Jacksonville
Green Bay
Cleveland
New Orleans
Philadelphia
Seattle
Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh
Kansas City
San Diego
Minnesota
Arizona
Washington
Tennessee

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 17:
New England at NY Giants
Cincinnati at Miami
Jacksonville at Houston
Detroit at Green Bay
New Orleans at Chicago
Buffalo at Philadelphia
Seattle at Atlanta
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh at Baltimore
Kansas City at NY Jets
San Diego at Oakland
Minnesota at Denver
St Louis at Arizona
Dallas at Washington
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 17:
New England at NY Giants
Cincinnati at Miami
Jacksonville at Houston
Detroit at Green Bay
New Orleans at Chicago
Buffalo at Philadelphia
Seattle at Atlanta
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh at Baltimore
Kansas City at NY Jets
San Diego at Oakland
Minnesota at Denver
St Louis at Arizona
Dallas at Washington

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New England at NY Giants - The game now is in the 4th quarter. I'm late with this one.

Cincinnati at Miami

Jacksonville at Houston

Detroit at Green Bay

New Orleans at Chicago - Holla at me, Para-chan!

Buffalo at Philadelphia - I want to believe, Red. I really do.

Seattle at Atlanta

Carolina at Tampa Bay - Joey Galloway's injured, though. Not like he'd have played much, but even so...

Pittsburgh at Baltimore

Kansas City at NY Jets - and welcome to my Dog game of the week. :( I'm a closet ho for the Jets, though.

San Diego at Oakland

Minnesota at Denver

St Louis at Arizona - Dog game of the week #2. Do I have to pick this?

Dallas at Washington - as always, my homer pick. Not like I truly believe this, however; the Redskins always find new and ingenious ways to totally break my heart. The last half of this season is like being a Red Sox fan before they won their first World Series in 04. Always so close, but still breaking your heart.

Tennessee at Indianapolis - Marvin Harrison's back, only it's a little late for most of us fantasy leaguers.

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

New England at NY Giants
Cincinnati at Miami
Jacksonville at Houston
Detroit at Green Bay
New Orleans at Chicago
Buffalo at Philadelphia
Seattle at Atlanta
Carolina at Tampa Bay
Pittsburgh at Baltimore
Kansas City at NY Jets
San Diego at Oakland
Minnesota at Denver
St Louis at Arizona
Dallas at Washington

We're so bad and mean
We make nightmares out of dreams
We're the Spaceballs!

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 17:
1. Parallax 10-6-0
1. Shad 10-6-0
3. Boogeyman 9-7-0
3. Buff 9-7-0
3. Locke 9-7-0
6. Geddoe 8-8-0
7. Calvin 7-9-0
7. RedCydranth 7-9-0
7. Sailor Sexy 7-9-0
10. Tullaryx 0-0-16
10. UCPesmerga 0-0-16
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

we all did bad this week.

Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, that's to be expected I guess. So many of the playoff teams were resting people, and even those that didn't have anything to play for were giving different people a shot, so it really skewed the results. Really, about the only two teams that had nothing to play for as far as playoffs were concerned that played their starters throughout were the Patriots and the Giants, and that can just be thanked to the fact that history was involved. I have no doubts that if the Patriots were 14-1 going into that game that we wouldn't have seen much, if any, of Brady or Elisha Manning.

~Uguu!~
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here are the final regular season standings. Oh hey I won two years in a row. :) I'll do a ranking based on percent correct for those who dropped out mid-way, and another working in the prior year's, but that all waits until I get back to Texas. For now, here's the ranking for the 2007 season:

Final Overall Standings:
1. 168-88-0 Shad
2. 166-89-1 Buff
3. 164-92-0 Locke
4. 163-93-0 RedCydranth
5. 159-97-0 Zonder
6. 158-97-1 Boogeyman
7. 153-86-17 UCPesmerga
8. 152-104-0 Parallax
9. 147-109-0 Sailor Sexy
10. 146-106-4 Geddoe
11. 134-86-36 Tullaryx
12. 115-75-66 Arevus
13. 97-61-98 Amyral
14. 92-68-96 Samurai X
15. 79-51-126 fuji
16. 74-55-127 Exile
17. 8-8-240 OrangeWarrior
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I felt like I didn't do as well this year as I did last year (yeah, I know I'd just have to scroll down on the sports forum to check, but I don't wanna), so I'm happy to see that I at least placed fifth. Looks like most people finished pretty close to one another.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm, I just noticed that I had the worst record of anyone who made all the picks. Man, I guess I really suck at this. At least I can proudly say that the one pick I made right every week was picking the Patriots to win :D

~Uguu!~
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it isn't going to run through the super bowl?

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Buff wrote:
it isn't going to run through the super bowl?

Nah. Like last year, the playoff picks will be tallied separately. That being said, here are next week's games:

Washington at Seattle
NY Giants at Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at Pittsburgh
Tennessee at San Diego

I'm going with:
Washington at Seattle
NY Giants at Tampa Bay
Jacksonville at Pittsburgh
Tennessee at San Diego
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 24 of 26

Jump to: