Suikoden United and Illegal Kraalesque Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

NFL 2007 Weekly Predictions
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: NFL 2007 Weekly Predictions Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope a few of you remember this thread from last year. I had a lot of fun doing it, and as I've once again somehow missed the fantasy league here (I was waiting for it all year and then Sailor told me the other day it was made back in March or something and I'm way too late) so I'm going to have another go at it. How this works is pretty simple. Just pick which teams you think will win each game for the current week by putting them in bold or some other fancy distinguishable, and after all is over with I'll tally up the results and open up predictions for the next week.

Right now I'd like to get a good idea ahead of time as to who all will be participating. Last year only Blasphemy, Zonder, Red, and I saw it through to the end, but plenty of people participated on and off throughout it. Now that I'm not brand new here maybe I can rally a few more to take part in it this go around. I'll keep an ongoing week by week total for every game of the season like last time, but if I get enough people to sign up ahead of time I'll also break down those in it from the start in one on one weekly battles Fantasy Football style. We'll see how it goes. Here's the standings from last year for anyone who's interested. It's broken down as wins, losses, skipped matches:

2006 Final Standings:
1. 157-99-0 Shad
2. 154-101-1 Blasphemy
2. 154-100-2 Zonder
4. 153-103-0 RedCydranth

5. 122-87-47 Servo
6. 106-90-60 Parallax
7. 90-88-78 Exile
8. 89-70-97 Samurai X
9. 71-48-137 Sailor Sexy
10. 42-32-182 Swish
11. 41-27-188 Tullaryx
12. 36-33-187 Zombaug
13. 33-27-196 Locke
14. 20-10-226 Barbarossa Rugner
15. 13-14-229 Sai Fujiwara
16. 12-4-240 Geddoe
17. 10-4-242 Amyral
17. 10-6-240 Gabocha

So post to let me know if you'll be interested in taking part in it this week. There's no rule against jumping in late. Last time I didn't get it rolling until the day of the first game due to me being new here. In fact it may well have been my first ever post on Suikox. Now that I'm putting it up half a month in advance I'm hoping for more participation all around. At least less people will have to start off with a few dozen misses to their name.
Sailor Sexy

Mikan weeps for Brady

246380 Potch
175 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I did what I could last year, and I'll do the same this year. The 137 skipped matches part really isn't going to change any, that's just the nature of my job. Still, I'll participate every week I can. Obviously I won't be shooting for the overall crown, but winning a week or two would be satisfactory in my book.

~Uguu!~
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, I'll actually try to keep up with this this season.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I saw the game through all the way to the end last year. I joined late, that's why I missed so many games. And I'll be here again this year.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To Sailor and anyone else who'll be out for extended periods of time during the season, feel free to make your predictions a few weeks in advance if necessary.
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll be playing again with my little knowledge and Englishness all who finish below me this year should weep in their ineptitude.

All who finished below me last year should now stop their weeping and prepare to avenge their shameful placing.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, I am totally in on this again this year. I loked forward to this every week and will continue to do so this season. Placing 4th wasn't too bad, I made some risky decisions that bit me in the ass last year, but thats how I roll. I work on instincs and facts. Trends and who's hot also factor into my decision making.

If I can finish top 5 again, I'll be pleased. Top 3 is my ultimate goal.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'll be joining this year since i missed last years.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile wrote:
I'll be playing again with my little knowledge and Englishness all who finish below me this year should weep in their ineptitude.

All who finished below me last year should now stop their weeping and prepare to avenge their shameful placing.

If nothing else, I shall aim to beat Exile. It's a worthy goal!

I'm in :)

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quite the accomplishment by Exile. A few more years watching and reading about the NFL and he'll be a naturalized Yankee, for sure. :)

I'm surprised I was even placed at 11th since I stopped predicting weeks before the season ended. This time I think I shall go the full 16 games.

The Serial Peacemakers

795163 Potch
0 Soldiers
21927 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am totally in. Let's do this.

We're so bad and mean
We make nightmares out of dreams
We're the Spaceballs!

Shad

Midnight

4252503 Potch
200 Soldiers
38 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, I'm leaving tonight for two weeks and doubt I'll have much internet access during that time, so I'm opening this all up now. A couple things of note:

* You can join at any point in the season and can come back in if you miss a week or two. There are no restrictions on that. The overall standings are fair game. I'll only update those involved in the league roster two at a time though to avoid bye weeks.

* You can make your picks as many weeks in advance as necessary if you won't be around to choose on time otherwise.

* If you miss a week by accident and legitimately chose your rankings beforehand or knew beyond a doubt who you would have picked in the situation, or alternatively if you don't yet know any details about the games but they're already over, you can submit your picks late. However since this is going on the honors system here don't make a habit of it, and don't cheat. There's no prize to be won here anyway.

* Do not edit an old roster after any game in it has been played. If you want to make a change to later games after the first match of the week has begun, do so in a new post.

Now I'll do this in a league setup initially, and to make the order as arbitrary as possible I'll go in the order you've all signed up. The first person to join (me) will play the second, the third will play the fourth, etc for the first week. The second week and there on I'll rotate the second team up one. In order to not give myself an unfair advantage here since I know Sailor will be absent at first, I'm bumping him down to last in the current lineup. Once everyone on the left has played everyone on the right I'll switch it up a bit. If you join after I'm gone I'll factor you in for as far back as it counts - you won't have to wait until week 3 to get started. Here's the match ups for the first three weeks pending any new entries, just to give you an idea.

Week 1:
Shad vs Locke
Parallax vs Exile
RedCydranth vs Buff
fuji vs Tullaryx
Boogeyman vs Sailor Sexy

Week 2:
Shad vs Exile
Parallax vs Buff
RedCydranth vs Tullaryx
fuji vs Sailor Sexy
Boogeyman vs Locke

Week 3:
Shad vs Buff
Parallax vs Tullaryx
RedCydranth vs Sailor Sexy
fuji vs Locke
Boogeyman vs Exile

This is only one aspect of the game. There will also be an overall standings chart like last season, so even if bad luck bashes you in the league setup, you can still win the overall picks. To choose your teams, simply copy and paste the lineup for the week and highlight whoever you feel will win. Feel free to toss in any commentary you want to along with it. Since I might not be around for the second week I'm going to post them up now. Feel free when the first week's over to pick up the second yourselves.

Week 1
New Orleans at Indianapolis
Philadelphia at Green Bay
Atlanta at Minnesota
Miami at Washington
New England at NY Jets
Tennessee at Jacksonville
Denver at Buffalo
Pittsburgh at Cleveland
Carolina at St. Louis
Kansas City at Houston
Tampa Bay at Seattle
Chicago at San Diego
Detroit at Oakland
NY Giants at Dallas
Baltimore at Cincinnati
Arizona at San Francisco

I'm taking some risks here picking predominantly away teams, but the first two or three weeks are always a lot of guess work - it's hard to say precisely how they'll turn out.

Week 2
Atlanta at Jacksonville
Buffalo at Pittsburgh
New Orleans at Tampa Bay
Green Bay at NY Giants
Houston at Carolina
San Francisco at St Louis
Indianapolis at Tennessee
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Seattle at Arizona
Dallas at Miami
Minnesota at Detroit
Oakland at Denver
Kansas City at Chicago
NY Jets at Baltimore
San Diego at New Orleans
Washington at Philadelphia

These are mostly what I think are the probable outcomes for each game. I'm breaking that code a bit to say Miami will thwomp Dallas.

Oh yeah, and just for kicks, if you want put up your top three picks for Championship winners and which conference will go all the way. I may toss in some bonus points at the end for how close you got. I'll go with:

AFC:
1. Pittsburgh what
2. New England
3. San Diego
(4. Indianapolis)

NFC:
1. New Orleans
2. Chicago
3. Seattle

Logic be damned, I refuse to choose Dallas.

In any setup I think the AFC will win the Super Bowl.

That being said, I want to see Pittsburgh whoop New Orleans for their sixth ring. Loyalty over logic mate. :)
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Week 1
New Orleans at Indianapolis

This is going to be the matchup of the week easily. Both teams are really good. Peyton Manning has essentially the same team if not better. Swap Stokley for rookie Gonzales and its the same. I think Gonzales is gonna be great too. Indianapolis' Defense took a bit of a hit, but they'll manage. Its gonna be a close week 1 but I feel Bush and Brees will fall a little short.

Philadelphia at Green Bay

McNabb is going to break into the season with a win. Bret Favre's Packers aren't anything special and I think Philadelphia is the strongest team in the east. If they can keep healthy that is. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say this is going to be a blow out too.

Atlanta at Minnesota

Atlanta looked good in the pre-season, so I could be mistaken on this pick. But you really can't judge a team solely on pre-season performances. Harrington is a decent QB but that team isn't ready to make the bigtime. Minnesota's Defense is the story in this game. It will help the struggling offense off the ground by shutting down Atlanta altogether. Low scoring affair.

Miami at Washington

The Dolphins aren't that great, but they don't suck. Trent Green needs to adjust to the new team and when he finally does, I can see this team making a run at the Wild Card. Washington is a mess and needs a lot more than a new head coach.

New England at NY Jets - Rarely will I pick in favor of the Jets. I hate them with so much passion its crazy. Also, rarely this season will I pick against New England. They look poised to solidify their dynasty and take yet aother super bowl ring. Patrots win this one with ease.

Tennessee at Jacksonville

Both of these teams have serious problems. Vince Young showed all of us at the end of last year that he can be the leader, and the man in a decent offense. So whjat did they do? They deconstructed their offense and made it worde. What the hell! Losing their 2 top receivers and not gaining anything of value in the offseason put Tennessee from the top of the charts to the bottom. Jacksonville has an issue of which floundering QB to go with Gerrard or Leftwich. Either way, they aren't gonna be that great. They still have Jones-Drew to rely on though. If he has as good of a season as last year, he'll be a big help to getting this team over the hump. Jacksonille wins by 10.

Denver at Buffalo

I don't have much faith this year in my Buffalo Bills. Not when the division they are in has 3 better teams than you. Arguably. Jury is still out on NY and Miami, but I see some problems in Buffalo. Firstly their defense has takes some serious hits. We lost London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes and Nate Clements. What did we get in return? Nothing. Offensively we lost Willis McGahee, but filled that spot with Marshawn Lynch. I have High hopes for the boy, but if pre-season is indicitive of how well he can do, we'll be seeing a lot more Anthony Thomas this season than anticipated. Denver on the other hand looks great,. How they missed the playoffs last year is beyond me. They have a good QB (better than Losman, thats for sure) and always have a decent RB, even though it seems like its never the same one for more than 2 years. Travis Henry returns to Buffalo and walks away victorious. Hooray for him.

Pittsburgh at Cleveland

Pittsburgh had a really bad year last year. I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon with Shad and say they've got Superbowl written all over them, but they're going to be a much improved team this year. Cleveland is also going to be better. That is once Romeo Crennel decides to put Brady in at QB. Since week 1 he's benched, I'm definitely picking Pittsburgh.

Carolina at St. Louis

The Greatest Show on Turf is Back! Bulger is poised to breakout this season and show the NFC how a winning franchise is made. Holt, Bruce, Halla nd Bennet are a receiving team that can easily destroy any secondary. And of course you have Stephen Jackson busting up the middle every few downs gaining over 4 yards per carry. Look for St. Louis to make a mockery out of the so called NFC West race. Carolina is okay, they just aren't up to snuff with the Rams.

Kansas City at Houston

How do you like them apples. KC is probably the team that went to the playoffs last year that took the biggest drop. They've gotten older, they've lost their QB and Brodie Croyle is still developing. I don't see KC in the Playoff hunt this year. Houston isn't much better. I don't care who they throw behind that line, they're being sacked. Until Houston resolved their Offensive line woes, their QB is going to be real friendly with the turf. When deciding who wins this, I flipped a coin. Not really I just went with which I think has a better shot at winning, ha.

Tampa Bay at Seattle

Seattle has a good team. Its a shame they'll be going for Wild Card. Alexander hopefully will be a solid back this year. Hasselbeck is a great QB and they have a great WR tandem too. Hackett, Burleson, Engram and their top man, Deion Branch. The key thing this year that makes the Rams better overall is Bulger. I see Marc as a much more proficient back than Hasselbeck. Anyhow, this game will be better than it looks. A lot of people have tampa as a bad team. They aren't exactly bad, they're just rebuilding. I really think Jeff Garcia proved that with a decent offensive line, he can be a great QB. That was his woes in Cleveland and Detroit. Tampa has an okay O-line so I expect to see Tampa be not that bad this year.

Chicago at San Diego

Defense versus Offense. This is going to be a fun matchup. LaDanian Tomlinson goes up against one of the best defenses in the league. It is going to be interesting to see who wins that one. My money is on LT. The big factor here is while Chicago has the better Defense, San Diego's Defense is vastly better than Chicago's offense. Unless Rex can actually hold onto the ball, then complete passes, he's going to have a rough outing against San Diego. Both of these teams look forward to a post season this year. This is some people's Superbowl pick.

Detroit at Oakland

And this is nobody's Superbowl Pick. Detroit had a good offseason. Some think they'll be the most improved team overall come end of the season. They may not be as improved as New Orleans was a year ago, but they've got the look of a possible play off run next year. Solidify the Defense, give Kevin Jones a good line to break through and you got yourself a team! Oakland has issues man. They get the # overall draft pick, and then not sign him. They go get Culpepper, and he flounders during the Pre-season. I wouldn't put stock in either Rhodes or Jordan. With Moss gone their WR threats are um.. Ok I'll look them up. Yup, basically just Joey Porter. Not gonna be a good season on the north side of the Bay.

NY Giants at Dallas

Regardless of Strahan's retirement or not, The Giants woes are plenty. Eli Manning isn't the new Peyton Manning and that trade for him is looking worse and worse. Tiki is gone and its now all up to Brandon Jacobs. Unless Ruber Droughns shows up and does his job. I dunno, I don't see NY being that good. Dallas does look better than last year though. Romo aside, they've got a damn good team. Jones/Barber III tandem was great last year and will be again this year. T.O and Terry Glenn are still awesome. And the Dallas Offensive Line is one of the best in the NFC. I like Dallas's odds this year of making playoffs.

Baltimore at Cincinnati

Monday Night double header. Two division rivals. I'm thinking this is another Offense vs. Defense scenario. This time Defense wins it. Chad, TJ, Rudi and Carson are a great offense. They really are. But I love the Baltimore defense. They're solid as a rock, even without Adalius Thomas. And I wouldn't discount the Raven's offense. McNair is still a good QB, and his targets are great. Clayton and Mason are awesome and let's not forget Todd Heap who routinely gets good yardage. One of the best TEs in the league in my opinion. Then they picked up Willis McGahee in the offseason. He was great in Buffalo, he'll be much better here. I see Willis rushing his way into the top 5 as far as Running Backs go this season. He's heavily underestimated.

Arizona at San Francisco

The Cardinals and the 49ers. Divisional matchup. Gotta love the idea of 2 monday night games between divisional rivals. After the grinding match between the Ravens and Bengals, you get the offensive blowouts of Arizona and San Fran. Both teams are good. I'm not going to knock San Francisco at all. But I really think this year is gonna show a much improved Arizona team, the one we should have seen last year. Not the one we saw against the Bears, haha. That goes down in history as one of the worst played games offensively ever. Anyhow. Arizona rebuilt their lines and kept what was good. I hope to see Edge return to glory. Its going to be a matchup of who can score more points (of course thats all games now isn't it? XD) and there won't be much defense here at all. I just think Arizona will get the win.

-------------------------

Here's how I think the AFC will finish.

AFC East:
New England
Miami
Buffalo
NY Jets

AFC North:
Baltimore
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
Cleveland

AFC South:
Indianapolis
Jacksonville
Houston
Tennessee

AFC West:
San Diego
Denver
Kansas City
Oakland

Wild Cards:
Denver, Pittsburgh

NFC East:
Philadelphia
Dallas
NY Giants
Washington

NFC North:
Chicago
Minnesota
Detroit
Green Bay

NFC South:
New Orleans
Carolina
Tampa Bay
Atlanta

NFC West:
St. Louis
Seattle
Arizona
San Francisco

Wild Cards:
Dallas, Seattle

I know its the safer picks, but its what I really think. Maybe Minnesota will surprise us and be a Wild Card team. Maybe someone else in the NFC West will step up and beat Seattle out for WC, I'd love that. But I just don't see it happening.

Superbowl Pick:
San Diego vs. St. Louis

After squeaking past New England in the AFC Championship game LT takes his team to the promised land of the Superbowl. Bulger fires his way past a yet again so close New Orleans team to get to the big show. In a contest that goes full steam all 4 quarters, the final score is 34-28.... San Diego.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Calvin

Legions of Zontar-Killers

817540 Potch
25 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll probably participate. I'll do my week one picks later though.

I changed the number on my phone so you can't call me up at home, and you can't say those
things to me, that make me fall down on my knees.

Parallax

Fighting 181st

1109279 Potch
250 Soldiers
3275 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Glad this is finally getting going. I love me some football picks. I have a league draft this weekend too...really makes me excited for football in general. Anyway!

Week 1

New Orleans at Indianapolis - I believe Indianapolis lost a couple of players on defense since last season, but the team was really built on its corners and its offense anyway, so I think they'll be alright. New Orleans is essentially the same team as last year, but I doubt the heroic success story factor will be propelling them to victory this year, especially not in Week 1 at the RCA Dome. I don't think New Orleans is the team that everyone thinks they are; I think they'll do well this year, but they're going to knuckle under to better teams, and Indy is one of those.

Philadelphia at Green Bay - Green Bay is maturing what might someday be an extremely powerful team. However, at the moment they're dealing with some inexperienced talent, and Brett Favre. Favre, obviously, is getting on in years, and his accuracy has really diminished over time...he's not the threat that he used to be. It's a mistake to say that he's no threat, of course, but I think Philadelphia has this one locked down.

Atlanta at Minnesota - Minnesota is not a great team. Let's face it; they had a sort-of heyday in the late nineties, and now they're kind of rebuilding. However, they're also not a bad team. Unfortunately for Atlanta, the only teams they'll be beating this season are bad teams - the loss of Michael Vick is going to cripple them. Not only because Vick was one of their star players, but also because it just beats down a team's morale when they lose an important figure (like a quarterback), and especially given the nasty circumstances surrounding Vick's departure.

Miami at Washington - I really don't know enough about either of these teams at the moment to intelligently pick here. I know that Washington has a lot of problems, but maybe they've cleaned some of that up. Miami is not a great team either, so I think this game really could go either way...but Miami seems to play better in the back half of the season, so I'll go with Washington.

New England at NY Jets - I'm not sure how much commentary this requires. New England is going to be a serious threat all season, and the Jets...well...the Jets will not be a serious contender all season. Sorry guys.

Tennessee at Jacksonville - For this pick, I'm going Jacksonville largely because it's not a lot of fun for any team to play them at home. I think both teams have some problems that need to be worked out, but I didn't watch any of their preseason games (I only care about the Bears in preseason. Sorry, rest of the NFL) so I could be mistaken on this pick. I think Jacksonville will take it home though.

Denver at Buffalo - Denver has a lot of chronic problems. If you live in Denver (which I do), you probably know how delusional everyone here is about those problems. Denver is a good, solid team, with a powerful defense. Shanahan consistently drafts and farms strong players to insert into his offense, and his running system is apparently something any rookiee can put up magical numbers in. All of that good jazz will be enough this week...but we'll see how things go for Denver down the road.

Pittsburgh at Cleveland - I think Cleveland has managed to pick up some serious strength in the off-season. I also think they started a bit too far behind the eight ball. Still, Cleveland in Cleveland is always a tough game...especially when Cleveland actually has some good players to show up with. I think I'm taking a pretty serious gamble here, but I'm going to go ahead and pick the Browns. I may be lamenting it next week, but the first couple weeks are hard to pick anyway.

Carolina at St. Louis - I like the Rams this year. I think they're going to be a powerful team, and a serious contender in their division. How they'll stack up against other division leaders is hard to say... but I wouldn't be surprised if they take Seattle's divisional title away from them this year. Carolina has really just let me down over and over again in recent years. They're okay, but I don't think (unless they've made major changes I don't know about) that they're going to take this one away from the Rams.

Kansas City at Houston - There's a lot of away picks this week for me. Anyway, Kansas City isn't going to be a serious factor this year, and neither is Houston. I think these games are actually the hardest to pick, where I see serious problems with both teams, and I'm just not sure which set of issues will prove more important. I think Kansas City can win this matchup...and I think it's going to be a close, low-scoring game.

Tampa Bay at Seattle - The trouble with Jeff Garcia is that he's only good when he's protected all the time, and can really get in some precision moves. He did really well as a backup in other situations because he was protected. I'm not so confident in Tampa's offensive line, but I also don't know them too well, so they could surprise me. Either way, I don't think Tampa has the power to knock down Seattle.

Chicago at San Diego - What now. Yeah. I picked Chicago. Laying aside for a moment the fact that I never pick against Chicago (as Shad said, loyalty before logic), I actually think this is a pretty decent matchup. If anything swings it against Chicago, I imagine it will be home field for San Diego. Tomlinsin, obviously, is fantastic, and will probably manage to force his way through Chicago's defense at least a few times for some big plays. Chicago's offense is a bit worrisome, even for diehard, delusional fans like me, but I think that if Grossman can hang onto the ball, there's not much that's likely to beat Chicago. So that's what I'm hoping for.

Detroit at Oakland - I'm also picking Detroit. Why? Because I think the Lions are so much better this year than last year, it's not even funny. Oakland, on the other hand...is not. Seriously, I'm not sure what Oakland is doing most of the time. Perhaps the irrational hatred of Oakland from the Denver fans here has infected me with some serious disdain...or perhaps not. Either way, I expect Detroit to actually show up this year, and Oakland...well.

NY Giants at Dallas - I hate picking the Cowboys. I don't like them, and I don't want them to be in the playoffs, even if logic says they probably will be. I think the Cowboys are pretty good this year, but I also think that the hype that surrounds the Cowboys at all times is a bit overwhelming, so it's hard to sort through for me. I don't know how good the Giants are this year, and I doubt they'll accomplish much, but I hope they take Week 1 for me.

Baltimore at Cincinnati - Cincinnati isn't bad. I understand they still have a few players beside Carson Palmer who haven't been arrested yet, and that's impressive. Their offense will probably be pretty good this year, and I'm sure they'll do alright. I don't think that they're good enough to put up a lot of points on Baltimore though. We'll see...

Arizona at San Francisco - Oh Arizona...where to begin...

Playoff Picks

AFC East
New England

AFC North
Pittsburgh

AFC South
Indianapolis

AFC West
San Diego

Wild Cards
Denver, Baltimore

NFC East
Dallas

NFC North
Chicago

NFC South
New Orleans

NFC West
St. Louis

Wild Cards
Philadelphia, Seattle

Championship Picks

AFC
1. San Diego
2. New England
3. Indianapolis

NFC
1. Chicago
2. St. Louis
3. New Orleans

If Chicago goes to the Superbowl, then I pick NFC, otherwise, I believe the AFC will win the Superbowl.

He's a victim - not a perp - and I'm choosing to let him go.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 1 of 26

Jump to: