Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

True Rune for Suikoden VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
very cool rune idea Rezard. I think suikoden VI will take place in some wintery climate, I've been trying to think of a good true rune for such a country but any sort of "ice rune" would be more than likely covered under the true water rune. Perhaps a true rune that was attached in some way to the hero's weapon would be cool, I dont know - it would put an interesting twist on the rune idea and give the character a chance to converse with the rune and learn a little about their true nature/intent.

would the blue moon rune be in charge for one of those "good squishy human-help people" type of things? if not a rune that could govern the bonding of hearts, and making senteints "human", rather than snarling blood thirsty monsters, having one in a colder area could help, seeing that a harsh terraine would need this 'stick together to surive". as for its other nature, I don't know.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow i can't believe i've never noticed how well the true runes do fit the tarot.

honestly i would love to see a game based in Harmonia. Possible about how the Circle Rune, the rune of Order and Stagnation, that the ruler of harmonia holds is keeping the Harmonian empire from advancing (I imagine that would make a lot of people in their government angery). Plus, in S3 one harmonian prince, Luc tries to destroy the world and the other, Sasarai, betrayed his orders to take over the grasslands. On top of all that Harmonia has been losing a lot of wars recently, that has to make the citizens question the government a little. I mean with all these elements you have the perfect recipe for a revolution.

Not to mention Konami could include elements in the story to answer some unanswered questions. Like what happened to Windy, who was MiA after S1 if i'm not mistaken, or what is the Howling Voice Guild? Harmonia holds so much potential for a GREAT game it's not even funny.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like a new true rune or eveb better, several new true runes. They should be on both sides , the good and bad side.
rstrack89

52707 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It would be interesting to see two or more true runes to battle against each other, but that would mean a rush in the series. I'd rather them release at most two in the next game, but preferably one to make the series last longer. Its going to be a sad, sad day when the last of the Suikodens come out.

Right now all I have to get to complete my collection is SII, but that's not going to be for at least 4-5 months. When I do complete it though I'm going to take a week off of work and play through every one of them. IV, Tactics, V, I, II, then III, and if VI is out then I'll fit that into the equation where it needs to be.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kiante

Dragon Rider Regiment #9

244827 Potch
95 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmonia WOULD be a good place for a game, but I think the LAST game will probably take place there, the final battle and all, since the "Holy Nation of Harmonia" has seemed to be crucial in more Suikoden's thant any other nation, and it's played at LEAST a little part in almost all of them, it's been VERY important.

I think maybe the next rune could be Right/wrong/right and wrong sort of. After all, we do have one of atonement and/or punishment and forgiveness and stuff, so that would suggest that there IS something that governs what's right and what's wrong, and that could quite possibly be a rune (or two). It'd definetly be a good one. I'd also LIKE them to investigate the Dragon Rune more, I'm a big dragon fan after all.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmonia is becoming such a beast of a country with so many storylines I don't know if they could fit them all into one game - if they did people would be annoyed that some areas were under-utilised/developed and if they don't then people will complain about the stuff that was left out.

Having said that - they're either going to have to do Harmonia next (before it gets too out of hand) or will save it for the very last as a culmination/explanation of everything that happened prior.

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah. Harmonia is such a beast they lost nearly if not half of their territories. Hell a river society like falena is twice their size now.
Buzzed_Jedi

6906 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see more of the Rune of the Gate, though the Dragon Rune would definately be cool to see as well
boed666

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Sky Rune:
(1) fallen from grace - holds lightning and hurricane elements, total destruction
(2) grand phantasm - provokes delusions on enemies
(3) mirror mirror on the wall - regenerates and at the same time slice enemies hp halves
(4) euphoria - pollutes enemies' mind and force them to commit suicidal acts

A Temple Rune:
(1) a toss of coin - force enemies to give up their lives (drain HP or MP)
(2) blessing of monk - sacrifice HP to fill MP self or others
(3) mere shadow - immune to physical attacks
(4) crescent of universe - a big bang of physical and magic combos

Hmmm, these I would go...
Wind Rune

640 Potch
2 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would like a new rune for the stars of destiny. more than one true rune for the stars would be better.

as for holy harmonia, i don't think they would do a game that centers on it unless the tenkai is Hikusaak and his circle rune
Zykerion

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:19 am    Post subject: Re: True Rune for Suikoden VI Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Originally posted (by me) on Suikosource.com

Communion Rune

The above name is a tentative title, and if anyone has any better ideas for it, feel free to tell me.

Now, as for what this True Rune does. It is the rune governing empathy, love, and longing. It would be the parent rune to many of the runes that have been observed thus far within the Suikoverse. Items such as the Phero Rune and Charm Rune, which induce odd states in people around them. Most memorably is the effect Jeane seems to have on just about everyone she meets.

It is something of a cursed rune, in that it forces its bearer to feel the pain of those around them, for the bearer to become heavily empathic to the needs and desires of the people surrounding them. Now, put this rune in a situation such as a war, and you have yourself a pretty nasty piece of business.

Over the course of the game, the rune would get worse and worse, the hero feeling more burdened by having to bear the brunt of the feelings of those having to watch loved ones being slaughtered, until through the power of the Stars of Destiny, the rune finally relents and allows its bearer a measure of happiness, allowing them to feel not despair, but love.

As for the story behind how the main character gets it, I've been following quite a few of the ideas that people have posted all over the place about a female Tenkai, and kind of went with it in my head (I realize that a lot of the topics on these forums haven't been visited in a looooong time).

Basically the idea is that this girl, who is actually fairly normal (I'm talking no long lost connections to royalty, no ultra secret pasts) is living in some nation on the Western Continent (or maybe somewhere north of Harmonia, if such a place were there). The capital city she's living in possesses the Communion Rune, and it serves as a sort of guard against attack and as a status symbol.

One evening, a secret group plans to steal the rune, and as they're making their escape, this girl just happens to be in the wrong place at the right time. The Rune senses the girl's presence, and transfers itself to her, confounding the thieves, and this girl is basically framed to look like the one who stole it (she is, after all, wearing it now).

That's about as much of that story as I've been able to work out so far. Suggestions are always welcome.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: