Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

True Rune for Suikoden VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

lupus wrote:
Krin stole the most valuable treasure of the scarlet moon empire and what would be more valuable than the star dragon sword?

Nope. It's not what i read at least.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

touche', lol, I guess I'm the one who mis-interpreted that.

I hate you Onimaru.

Last edited by Onimaru on Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It wouldn't exactly be shocking if it turned out he meant the Sovereign rune though, in which technically is a symbol of a person or family's power over Toran.
Thor McOdin

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was thinking about this (well, not really), and I would really like to see the Beast Rune again. However, instead of being held by a human, the rune should be given to a dog (or a wolf since I am not picky). In any case, the dog can't use the Beast Rune through conventional means and it would be up to his guardian to rub his belly during battle and to take him for walkies to envoke the true rune's power.

Don't like the idea? Damn. Anyway, I would also like to see the Sovereign Rune again as mentioned by others. I am afraid I am not terribly creative at the moment.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darn it. I meant Dragon King Sword not the Zodiac Sword.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thor McOdin wrote:
I was thinking about this (well, not really), and I would really like to see the Beast Rune again. However, instead of being held by a human, the rune should be given to a dog (or a wolf since I am not picky). In any case, the dog can't use the Beast Rune through conventional means and it would be up to his guardian to rub his belly during battle and to take him for walkies to envoke the true rune's power.

Don't like the idea? Damn. Anyway, I would also like to see the Sovereign Rune again as mentioned by others. I am afraid I am not terribly creative at the moment.

I don't care how the Beast Rune comes back, as long as it does! We know so little about it and it seems so powerful, it would be great to see it attached to a sort of Gau character (From FFIII/FVI). But being attached to an animal would be interesting, however I think that the rune requires alot from it's bearer, and without it being in the direct control of the Tenkai it would be hard for it's destructive force to be contained. I could eaisly see said dog would probably go crazy and attack anyone and everyone.

I hate you Onimaru.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hahaha. Koroku would be the bearer :*laugh*: but seriously if there is ever going to be any return of the beast rune expect Jowy and/or Riou (or their descendants at least) to be present.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After Murayama's departure in Suikoden III, which had a blowout of 5 True Runes, Konami seems to have instructed the creative team to be as sparing as possible with the True Runes to draw out the series as long as possible. Thus, only one True Rune in SIV and SV, and none in Suikoden Tactics. I'm guessing there will be less "wasted" True Runes like Dragon, Sovereign, Blue Moon and Sovereign, and also the Zodiac sword, which were used only briefly in the games that introduced them, and more shards, halves and children runes. The long silent period right now might be also be because Konami is planning ahead about what to do with the True Runes and how to distribute them.
Patriarch

Queendom Nomads

15629 Potch
149 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The rune of change would be interesting to hear about. Or even the Mother rune to Stallions "True Holy Rune" (Notice quotations)
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A Rune of Invisibility or Shadows or something would be kind of cool. Hmmm..

I hate you Onimaru.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raven's raven rune did just that.
Malandros Nyclo

The Majestic Lycanthropes

132683 Potch
250 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd written up a design for a True Rune once a long time ago that I was proud of.

Twas a Rune that goverened Love, Hate, and the absence of both.

It had two main powers, both of which required the bearer to physically touch the bare skin/fur of the creature it was to be used on. The creature also had to be sentient/capable of love or hate.

The Love power completely obliterated the mind of the one touched leaving only devotion to the bearer of the True rune. They would essentially become a mindless slave, so in love with the bearer of the rune that they will die just from being unable to hear the desires of the bearer. It's torture for them to not be wanted by the rune bearer, and once dismissed they simply die, having no reason to live.

The hate power worked in a similar way, instead filling the touched person with unbridled loathing of whoever the bearer was thinking about when touching the person. They will not rest until they have wiped out who or whatever that is. If the bearer was not thinking of anything in particular, the touched is filled with hatred of everything and goes on a murderous and unreserved rampage until they die of exhaustion or are taken out by someone else.

As the power of Love is used, it drains the user's capacity to Love and any emotion that could be linked to it such as desire, lust, loyalty ect.

As the Power of Hate is used, it drains the user's capacity to Hate, and other things that can be associated with it. Sense of duty to defeat an enemy, vindictiveness, desire for punishment.

Eventually the Rune leaves a bearer who doesn't understand it's secrets or use it the right way and emotionless husk. When this happens, it leaves it's bearer and finds a new one. The bearer is not dead, but may as well be as they have no desire to do anything anymore, least of all really live.

I think that would make a good rune for a future suikoden game.
we are one and the same.

NAK Panache Month
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Once a true rune attaches to you, chances are if it left you for a decent period of time you'd be dead but your idea is decent so I'll not whine about it too much though I still stick with my earlier opinion of the whole True Love rune which is it is for sissies.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A while back, on another site, there was an interesting post by someone concerning his idea for a True Sound Rune. I believe he called it the Rune of Harmony and Dissonance. You have to admit, in a game that features a silent protagonist, a Sound Rune would be pretty ironic.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Someone made a similar rune theory here about a year ago. In this topic, I believe. Let me take a look!

Edit: Nevermind. It wasn't in this topic. A similar one, though, but focused on potential new true runes in general, not specific. I'm thinking it might have been me, but I'm not quite sure!

This is all I found going through my posts from my first two months here. I seem to remember a more phonic focus themed true rune, but I could not find it. I guess it wasn't me afterall! :razz:

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: