Suikoden United and Informational Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

True Rune for Suikoden VI
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know the whole duality but if it is so, it would not explain the resurrection/life runes.

THERE has to be an existing rune that serves life/healing which is similar to the resurrection symbol. Last I checked the darkness rune is the scythe which is a derivative of the souleater insignia and the resurrection rune is something else.

Now using the visual elements in the game one can identify the classes of the runes as such. It makes no sense that the souleater would spawn something that is not similar to it in the slightest.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Resurrection runes are based off of the Night Rune, their main focus is not that off healing, but of bane to undead and warder of death. Soul Eater does not manifest it's powers as providing life, but it still governs the life cycle: birth, life, death. In this sense, it would seem the Friendship rune, and potentially the Exertion rune, should fall under the sphere of the Soul Eater.

Edit: The Sun Rune has more of the sustainer of life quality than any other rune so far.

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would agree that the Night Rune would be the father of ressurection magic based on the fight that it allows the undead to have life. I would disagree that Friendship and Exertion are an extension of the Soul Eater, though. The Soul Eater is certainly not about helping friends or about building closeness.

KOOLUK SUPPORTS TINTO MINERS
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You're forgetting the fact that the Soul Eater does not steal the life of those close to the bearer. It justs gains strength from the completion of a life cycle emotionally close to the bearer. Otherwise, Gremio would not be able to return to life without weakening the "Soul Eater". This is why it is The Rune of Life and Death. And I'm not saying for certain that this is the case for Friendship and Exertion, but that it makes the most sense, so far.

Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's if you are assuming the Soul Eater was weakened in order for Gremio to come back to life. But, it is perfectly reasonable to assume that the Soul Eater worked in conjunction with the Gate Rune and the power of the 108 Stars of Destiny to allow Gremio to be brought back, not from death, but back to the world of the living. I surmise that Gremio's soul is still actually inside of the Soul Eater and that as long as Tir holds the Soul Eater, Gremio will be allowed to live because Tir bears his soul.

The Soul Eater is the Rune of Life and Death because there cannot be life without death. There is a duality towards the existence of both of those natural occurences as you know. It is not to say that the Soul Eater grants life at all, but that one that dies must have lived. Existence of death validates life and that I believe is the Soul Eater's purpose.

So, your point about it not extracting the life out of the friends around him is true, but to bear the Soul Eater means that those around you must suffer because it only drains the bearer's life as long as it cannot feed on the people closest to it.

TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm assuming it affected Soul Eater. I'm assuming it had no affect because the Soul Eater did not have Gremio's soul. That the Soul Eater gained power from Gremio's completion of the life cycle which Soul Eater abides over. Since Tir was close to Gremio, he became more aware of (that's the best way I can think to put it right now)the phases of the life cycyle, and thus closer to the Soul Eater, increasing his ability to harness the powers of the Soul Eater. I probably didn't explain this well enough before.

Urn

Azure Flames

7756 Potch
0 Soldiers
970973 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

But, the Soul Eater does still have Gremio's soul as we see in Suikoden 1 where it gains its last spell form Ted's soul. Odessa, Gremio, Teo and Ted, they all contribute to the 4 levels of the Soul Eater. If what you say is true, then Tir would not be suffering like we see in Suikoden 2 when he denies the Soul Eater's urges. If he was closer to the Soul Eater like you suggest then he should no longer suffer. It seems like the Soul Eater is weakening Tir and it seems to me like Tir's ability to harness its power is equivalent to amount that he and the ones he is close to suffers.

As for the True Rune in Suikoden 6, I doubt it will be a healing and life based True Rune. We have had two of those now. I think they will focus on a more offensive type of True Rune.

Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I´d like to see a true rune who worked like Melfice´s horn in Grandia II, a rune who would go to wherever defeats the bearer and it makes him want to fight stronger and stronger enemies. It would be a true champion rune.

And... if the beast rune is about burning passion, I´d like to see a rune about cold reason, more fit to a mage villain, a true rune that makes the bearer lose all emotion and live only to gather knowledge. To the point that people are only important as guinea pigs. Make it a rune that governs all magic.

I really would like to have a more dark story in Suikoden VI.
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

actually i love all the rune in suikoden..because its has simple name but every of each governs more complicated theme....and i hope it continues like that ...hehehe
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

very cool rune idea Rezard. I think suikoden VI will take place in some wintery climate, I've been trying to think of a good true rune for such a country but any sort of "ice rune" would be more than likely covered under the true water rune. Perhaps a true rune that was attached in some way to the hero's weapon would be cool, I dont know - it would put an interesting twist on the rune idea and give the character a chance to converse with the rune and learn a little about their true nature/intent.

I hate you Onimaru.
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, perhaps we can take that idea and add some backstory, ex: True of ____ is attached to this sword. The only people who know that the sword is not valuable but what's attached to it is are the royal family (or something) One day a daring group of thieves breaks into the palace and raids the treasury, taking the sword with them.

And so on (come to think of it, that last bit of my story reminds of Prince of Persia...weird)

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
If anything your story might have already happened. Krin stole the most valuable treasure of the scarlet moon empire and what would be more valuable than the star dragon sword? Surely not the crown or some any lame jewel.

If anything your story might have already happened. Krin stole the most valuable treasure of the scarlet moon empire and what would be more valuable than the dragon king sword? Surely not the crown or some any lame jewel.

Last edited by ferrouslupusrex on Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:49 am; edited 1 time in total
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Zodiac Sword was in Viktor's possession at the time of the Suikoden I ending until he left it in the Cave of the Winds. Therefore Krin could not have stolen it from the Empire's vault (where it could not have been in the first place since you had to get the sword from the Qlon temple). We don't know what was in that vault so it may very well be some crown or lame jewels that he stole.

Aesa's story sounds more similar to the theft of the Dawn rune from West Palace during the Lordlake rebellion in my opinion.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ardPSiKo wrote:
The Zodiac Sword was in Viktor's possession at the time of the Suikoden I ending until he left it in the Cave of the Winds. Therefore Krin could not have stolen it from the Empire's vault (where it could not have been in the first place since you had to get the sword from the Qlon temple). We don't know what was in that vault so it may very well be some crown or lame jewels that he stole.

Aesa's story sounds more similar to the theft of the Dawn rune from West Palace during the Lordlake rebellion in my opinion.

I do belive that ferro was referring to the soverign rune, possibly recovered from barbarossa. But since he and Windy are MIA and not dead, it's likely that if he still lives he still possesses the sword.

I hate you Onimaru.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I presume the rune is with him, dead or alive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: